RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #2 Mississippi St - 3/31/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiseone1

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Miss State!!!! Great Game!!! Morgan William!!!!!!

tfan

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Feel bad for Chong on that last shot, which was started too early but might have worked out okay if William hadn't defended it so well.

I disagree with Burke and Lawson about that play. It looked to me like a foul has to be called one way or the other when there is contact like that. I think the time of the game influenced that no-call.

Oldfandepot2

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Thank God!!!!

Go sit yo azz down, UConn......

Typical Conway, that is why you got your ass razzed on other boards. No class. How about a mention to the great game the bulldogs play. Dope.

I got my ass razzed on other boards by you and other UConn fans because I championed the SEC in WCBB. Now it is an All-SEC Championship Finals. How bout that dope for ya??

Just shows you do not know what it is like to be a winner with class. Go look at all the posts here by UCONN fans, They all congratulated The BUlldogs. It is called being a winner even when you are on the wrong side of the score. Besides, we didn't razz you after the Gamecocks lost because you always disappeared on other boards after a defeat. LOL.

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 04/01/17 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total
JayeRunner

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my. Just oh my.

"You've been told you're too small your whole life..."

BamaEd

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
BamaEd wrote:
They do realize that it was a different UConn team that beat Miss State last year in the tournament, right?

Wait Stewie, Tuck and Moriah aren't on this team?

Shocking I know Wink

That team was a beast and MSU didn't have the confidence they have now. I'm not surprised UConn blew em out last year. Not surprised it was close this year.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn played without their usual poise. They made far too many mental errors. I expected this type of play early in the season but they waited till now.

Well, on to next year and the start of another streak. Congratulations to Miss St and especially to their coach who came up with a brilliant game plan.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEEEE-Frickin'-HAHHH

The Absolute Deliciousness of it. Vic is genius, imo.

MISS Samuelson: I have long ago stopped 'liking' you, when you defected to the East Coast. But--you did as you needed. Your talents are many. First and foremost, Acting. But that last move was Fucked Up. Your flopping prowess (THROUGHOUT the game, imo) even fooled Doris. Rolling Eyes
With all the vicious Head Snaps you sustained, no one could possibly be anything but a quadriplegic, let alone continue playing as you always *manage* to do. Although that last one didn't quite snap your head back far enough to bite your own ass, Karma took that bite for you. Cool

Re: Miss Gabby....undeniable talent (obviously) but also loaded with petulant attitude when the chips are down. Rolling Eyes

And the prophet spake:
basketballologist wrote:
........ And say that

Mississippi State will beat South Carolina by 9 points for the NCAA championship. You heard it from me first.

Final score

Mississippi State - 69
South Carolina - 60

Thank you, Nostradamus. Shocked

Last edited by Howee on 03/31/17 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
dinkytown

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Geno gracious in defeat.

He was laughing after the game winner and Chris was smiling. Laughing They know they'll be back again next year!

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Think we scared the landlady. My hands finally stopped trembling.

I don't even go there. Or anywhere near there. What a finish. What an unbelievable finish. Incredible grit from both teams.

And I am so, so, so glad that the game was not decided by the review- except, perhaps, in the sense that it helped cause Chong to lose track of the clock. I think that, warranted or not, that would have cast a shadow of suspicion on the sport that it doesn't need.

Also, I would like an announcing crew that doesn't call players on one team by their first names, or say UConn "finally" has a lead. Can we maybe get Thibault and Robinson to team up with Lawson and Rowe?

(now with spelling variations)
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Also, I would like an announcing crew that doesn't call players on one team by their first names, or say UConn "finally" has a lead. Can we maybe get Thibault and Robinson to team up with Lawson and Rowe?

Honestly, I'd just like Lawson by herself.

And that's how I feel about Men's commentators too.

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
possible dumbest shot in uconn history

SO INCREDIBLY DUMB.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just getting rid of Doris would be GREAT. Or Doris and Dave, that would be good too. But first and foremost, ESPN's UConn worship needs to stop.

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
Congrats MSU! You deserve it!! The sad part is we know you're gonna lay an egg against South Carolina though you deserve it way more

I don't know why you assume that. I'm expecting MissSt to win on Sunday.

Why is that? SC beat them twice already, once without Coates.

Refs killed msu the last time chances sc will beat them three in a row are not good.

No they didn't the last game USC won by 10 and actually it was a very open game with very few fouls for both teams. I think both teams combined shot fewer than 20 FTs for the game. USC played lock-down defense in the 4th Qtr. and Miss St. missed a ton of shots at the end.

It will be a knockdown drag-out game for both teams. Winning a 3rd game in a row for USC will be very hard, and both teams know each other like a book....

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Just getting rid of Doris would be GREAT. Or Doris and Dave, that would be good too. But first and foremost, ESPN's UConn worship needs to stop.
Totally agree, in the Stanford game, they were taking about Tara's mother while completely ignoring the made baskets on the court. It was just typical of the coverage.

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

that crew would get my vote.

- Amanda Gorman
coffy73

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Totally agree, in the Stanford game, they were taking about Tara's mother while completely ignoring the made baskets on the court. It was just typical of the coverage.

And boy did they run the "Samuelson sisters/dad traveling" into the ground! I understand, I do, but I was so tired of seeing the dad on the screen all the time! Hey, that's another plus for the championship game, yay! Laughing

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These may win the best and worst posts of the Final Four awards:

Ay Mate wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
........ And say that

Mississippi State will beat South Carolina by 9 points for the NCAA championship. You heard it from me first.

Final score

Mississippi State - 69
South Carolina - 60

Yup, that is pretty shocking, since Mississippi State has a zero percent chance of even being IN the NCAA Championship game.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
the "rule" on flagrant fouls has to have a little wiggle room in it...incidental contact especially while defending with no intent whatsoever has to get a pass....

it wasn't a chop, or a slam, or a hard hit...it was a nothing....

and maybe, flopping should be looked at as a foul itself....

There was a lot about that contact that didn't look right. I wondered if maybe KLS was lifting the arm of Dillingham. Given the height difference, I can't figure out why Dillingham would even have her arm that high (5'9"-6'3"). You lose all of your power when you raise it that high. Doesn't make sense.

Now to the review. The contact occurred around :55 seconds to go. UConn got possession with :35 seconds to go. They called TO at :27 and that's when the review happened. There needs to be a way to review it sooner. (Actually it needs to be called when it happened. Two of the refs appeared to be looking right at it.)

If UConn wants a review, they shouldn't be allowed to continue play (when they got the ball at :35 seconds) and then call for a review :8 later.

Give Dillingham credit, she did look back a couple of times to, I'll assume, if she was OK. Also looked like the one ref did as well.

I just don't like that if UConn had made a basket in addition to the free throws, that MSST would have less time to score than they would have if the call had been made at the time that it happened. Seems like it really puts a team at a disadvantage and that's not officiating is supposed to do.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

clearly the way to beat uconn is to get them to OT, where they suck.

cool to learn that i attended the last CT OT win, on 12/1/04, vs USF (a non-BEast member at the time.)

thoughts....well, disappointed but surprised only by how rattled Collier and Nurse were, especially, and 17-25 FT shooting.

Overall, can't be disappointed in the season, considering how I thought things would go, back in Nov.

Bye bye Saniya- thanks for those big 3s vs maryland!

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I can watch the Championship Game. I expect it to be one hell of a game. 2 SEC teams each wanting their 1st Title.

May the best team win. It was though that neither SC or MS could beat UCon. All the talking heads were talking about UCon. MS beat them and now they are not even in the Final.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back next year, better and deeper than ever. Always said get us this year. MSST got the message.

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outplayed. Out-coached. As simple as that. Congratulations Mississippi State.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/01/17 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They keep showing that so-called "flagrant" on ESPN.

It may go down as the most famous flop in WBB history.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/01/17 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
They keep showing that so-called "flagrant" on ESPN.

It may go down as the most famous flop in WBB history.

Grazed on the chin yet falls back holding her neck like she couldn't breath ,flop of the decade lol

elsie

PostPosted: 04/01/17 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its a taught move...anything close to your neck or chin, act it up....byu's pulsipher did it all the time on her attempts at 3 points...it became a joke...

but that stuff is TAUGHT by the coaches....that immediate response fo throwing yourself back and grimacing...

and I agree about the timing....if a flagrant occurs play must be stopped immediately and the film looked at....you can't wait til the other team looses possession...

there should be no retroactive fouls....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: