RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zvyn3

PostPosted: 03/16/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky are not going to be better without EDD. Nobody was saying any of this stuff about her not being a team player until this offseason. It's just another case of people trying to tear down a player with unfounded accusations. They love to do that, for some reason.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/16/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
The Sky are not going to be better without EDD. Nobody was saying any of this stuff about her not being a team player until this offseason. It's just another case of people trying to tear down a player with unfounded accusations. They love to do that, for some reason.

I wasn't talking about just because they don't have EDD anymore they'll be better. I meant as a trade altogether, they'll be better. They got Dolson, Copper and the 2nd I believe draft pick.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/16/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

I wasn't talking about just because they don't have EDD anymore they'll be better. I meant as a trade altogether, they'll be better. They got Dolson, Copper and the 2nd I believe draft pick.

If they gave the Lynx Dolson, Copper and the 2nd pick would you still be saying this..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The question with that projected lineup is where the scoring will come from. The only proven scorer is Cappie Pondexter, who is not the dynamic offensive threat she once was. CVS is primarily a point guard, Young is an inconsistent shooter (though she was much better last year), and Dolson and Boyette will be lucky to combine for 20 a game.

And though Young and Boyette are plus defenders, the Sky are still going to need to be able to score to win, and I don't see the source for the necessary points.

agree. I think Dolson will more likely play the 20 minutes/game Boyette doesn't play, and yeah, they'll play at the same time for short periods against some teams. Boyette hasn't shown the conditioning needed to play more than 20-24 min/game. Maybe that improves, but with bigs, it often doesn't.

As for offense, they will probably (hopefully) try to play Copper or Laney more minutes instead of Young...and maybe see the value of Quigley as a scorer off the bench. Last year they definitely got a boost off the bench from Quigley, Faulkner, and DosSantos. This year ...we will see. We also don't know, of course, who might be taken in the draft at #2, but presumably that player will be getting minutes.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/17/17 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i just dont hope that Dolson goes Sancho Lyttle on us and shoots a lot of 3pointers every game

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
i just dont hope that Dolson goes Sancho Lyttle on us and shoots a lot of 3pointers every game

agree. A number of 4's have found that to be their downfall...like Tina Charles had an awful year in CT when she hoisted away, not so much from three, but definitely lots of long twos. But maybe at that point, she didn't care. Last year was the first year she shot well from long range and I assume she spent a lot of time working on it. I blame the coaches if they let them shoot at 30% or less unless/until they can show that they can make them repeatedly in practice.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/18/17 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Opinions:

1. The Boyette/Dolson pairing will be poor offensively
2. It will be even worse defensively
3. Having no pecking order offensively is not a recipe for success if you can't space the floor
4. Laney will be cut. No room for her and still recovering from ACL
5. A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Mitchell would look mighty fine in Sky blue

Stealth tank 2017!

boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

You're delusional. Chicago is lucky to be in the East. The good news for Chicago is Pokey not the coach anymore.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/18/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

You're delusional. Chicago is lucky to be in the East. The good news for Chicago is Pokey not the coach anymore.

There is no longer any real 'east' or 'west.'

- Amanda Gorman
boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/19/17 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
boogiezen wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

There is no longer any real 'east' or 'west.'

Whatever. At least Pokey is not the coach anymore.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
UK1996

PostPosted: 03/22/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imani Boyetts posted a video of her highlights from playing in Israel.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbwNJ1zZ2o

PostPosted: 03/28/17 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kahleah Copper Named WNIT Top 20 Player

http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032817aac.html

Quote:
Former Scarlet Knight Kahleah Copper was listed among the all-time Top 20 players to compete in the WNIT, it was announced on Tuesday as the Postseason WNIT celebrates its 20th anniversary.

Copper, a sophomore during Rutgers’ 2014 WNIT Championship run, averaged 17.5 points and 7.2 rebounds in postseason play, including 18 points and 12 rebounds in the championship game at UTEP in front of a sellout crowd in El Paso, Texas. The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania native also had 27 points in a Round Three double overtime victory versus Seton Hall.

The 6-1 forward ended her Rutgers career with 1,872 career points, finishing third on RU's all-time scoring leaders list behind Rutgers greats Sue Wicks and Cappie Pondexter. She was selected seventh overall by the Washington Mystics in the 2016 WNBA Draft and begins her second season in the WNBA this summer after being traded to the Chicago Sky in February.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/31/17 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Amber Harris and Rebekah Gardner to training camp contracts.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Sky sign Amber Harris and Rebekah Gardner to training camp contracts.

Woah , i would be excited about the amber harris trade if shes really improved her work ethic. Ive learned to expect the lesser from her . This could be a good fit thought tbh Idea

PostPosted: 03/31/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to wonder if Harris has improved. Certainly a player with a high ceiling.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The irony is that everybody and their cousin thought CHI was going to draft Amber Harris with the third pick in the 2011 draft. But they ended up making what turned out to be the right move by drafting Courtney Vandersloot instead, although it took a couple years of stellar patience to be clear that it was the right move. The whole Lynx front office were doing backflips because CHI passed on drafting Amber Harris. Good job, guys. I wanted Lavender instead, but was amenable to Harris. I don't believe drafting Lavender would have upset the space-time continuum, because the Lynx were able to win championships in spite of Harris. Maybe they could have won more championships with Lavender? We will never know for sure. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, 6 years later the Sky now have the third and 4th picks in the 2011 draft without mortgaging the club. It'll be interesting to see how things play out for Harris.

I've always been amazed that Laimbeer never seemed to take an interest in Harris. Screams Laimbeer-type to me. You know, not overly sensitive and maybe not the highest IQ. I'm sure Reeve would characterize Harris as a "knucklehead". If you look at the Liberty and you're honest with yourself, they seem fairly amenable to the knucklehead:wink:

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
BelloFratello

PostPosted: 03/31/17 12:51 pm    ::: Sky-Lynx Trade? Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The irony is that everybody and their cousin thought CHI was going to draft Amber Harris with the third pick in the 2011 draft. But they ended up making what turned out to be the right move by drafting Courtney Vandersloot instead, although it took a couple years of stellar patience to be clear that it was the right move. The whole Lynx front office were doing backflips because CHI passed on drafting Amber Harris. Good job, guys. I wanted Lavender instead, but was amenable to Harris. I don't believe drafting Lavender would have upset the space-time continuum, because the Lynx were able to win championships in spite of Harris. Maybe they could have won more championships with Lavender? We will never know for sure. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, 6 years later the Sky now have the third and 4th picks in the 2011 draft without mortgaging the club. It'll be interesting to see how things play out for Harris.

I've always been amazed that Laimbeer never seemed to take an interest in Harris. Screams Laimbeer-type to me. You know, not overly sensitive and maybe not the highest IQ. I'm sure Reeve would characterize Harris as a "knucklehead". If you look at the Liberty and you're honest with yourself, they seem fairly amenable to the knucklehead:wink:

Hey Shades, how about 2011 #3 & #4 to move up to #1? Chicago can even throw in the 2017 #2.

Bite fishy fishy fishy....

PostPosted: 03/31/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless they plan on getting rid of Parker, I don't see Harris making it. Is N'Dour coming over this season? I wouldn't be too upset if Chicago decided to part ways with Young and focus on developing Copper and Laney. If Deshields doesn't declare I'm hoping we draft SWK at 2. I wonder how much Cappie has left in the tank. IMO she's crucial for leadership. I don't have a lot of faith in Dolson playing the 4 for long stretches. I think she would play a better role as a 6th man.
Right Now
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Dolson/Breland/Harris/#10
Boyette/Parker

What I'd like to See
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/SWK
Copper/Laney
Breland/Harris/Akhator
Boyette/Dolson

PostPosted: 03/31/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Unless they plan on getting rid of Parker, I don't see Harris making it. Is N'Dour coming over this season? I wouldn't be too upset if Chicago decided to part ways with Young and focus on developing Copper and Laney. If Deshields doesn't declare I'm hoping we draft SWK at 2. I wonder how much Cappie has left in the tank. IMO she's crucial for leadership. I don't have a lot of faith in Dolson playing the 4 for long stretches. I think she would play a better role as a 6th man.
Right Now
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Parker

What I'd like to See
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/SWK
Copper/Laney
Breland/Harris/Akhator
Boyette/Dolson

Good post. I agree with pretty much all of it. Not sure if I'd rather have Akhator over Parker yet though, Cheyenne at least has some size and showed development last season before getting injured. She was being shopped this offseason but nothing came of it.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/31/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if they cut a longtime stalwart like Young and kept a still-crocked-last-we-heard Laney instead. And I'll believe that Amber Harris can be a productive WNBA player when we see it. She was in the League for three years and looked useful for a grand total of about three minutes.

PostPosted: 03/31/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Right Now
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Parker

What I'd like to See
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/SWK
Copper/Laney
Breland/Harris/Akhator
Boyette/Dolson

Good post. I agree with pretty much all of it. Not sure if I'd rather have Akhator over Parker yet though, Cheyenne at least has some size and showed development last season before getting injured. She was being shopped this offseason but nothing came of it.

Watched the tapes of Boyette playing overseas and she looks better right now than last season with the Sky. Her play in the paint was outstanding. She has a very nice short jumper and seen her fake a jumper and drive to the basket. Opposing teams are going to be required to put there best tall defensive player on her.

I can see her leading the team in scoring this year.

stever

PostPosted: 04/06/17 6:38 pm    ::: Carla D. Morrow Joins Chicago Sky as Assistant Coach Reply Reply with quote

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/carla-d-morrow-joins-chicago-sky-as-assistant-coach/n-5245908#-/web/topics/268490733-1491521812088-trackingCode-kEWU4mftgXWjKIZJGe9a9U0rUoiA87oUGQo3aZmjgVSZH+ZQWoGGX0fqyOU2fomf-articleId-397476973-vv-baad5b95-71ed-40fe-a047-bcd075f79304

Quote:
"I am grateful and excited to have the opportunity to work for the Chicago Sky organization and along side a proven coach in Amber Stocks," said Morrow. "I would like to thank Brian Neal at Xavier University for preparing me over the last six six years to be ready when a great opportunity came my way."

proven?

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/06/17 6:59 pm    ::: Re: Carla D. Morrow Joins Chicago Sky as Assistant Coach Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/carla-d-morrow-joins-chicago-sky-as-assistant-coach/n-5245908#-/web/topics/268490733-1491521812088-trackingCode-kEWU4mftgXWjKIZJGe9a9U0rUoiA87oUGQo3aZmjgVSZH+ZQWoGGX0fqyOU2fomf-articleId-397476973-vv-baad5b95-71ed-40fe-a047-bcd075f79304

Quote:
"I am grateful and excited to have the opportunity to work for the Chicago Sky organization and along side a proven coach in Amber Stocks," said Morrow. "I would like to thank Brian Neal at Xavier University for preparing me over the last six six years to be ready when a great opportunity came my way."

proven?

The bar for this organization is pretty low....

Regardless, this move secures the Sky as the least qualified coaching staff in the league, and we're already well on our way to a lottery pick in 2018 woo woo!

UK1996

PostPosted: 04/13/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are some potential trades that could be brewing? Who sticks and who goes?

Vandersloot/Faulkner/Epps
Pondexter/Quigley/Jankoska
Young/Copper/Laney
Dolson/Breland/Parker/Harris/N'Dour
Boyette/Coates/Osahor

PostPosted: 04/13/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Move Cappie while she still has some trade value, she turned 34 in January.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 8 of 28

Jump to: