RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mad as heck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/30/17 6:08 am    ::: Mad as heck Reply Reply with quote

I debated for a while to how I would title this subject but I had to be honest with myself and title this as personal as I feel.

I have looked at the attendance numbers for both men and women in the NCAA regionals. I just do not understand and I am upset. First I must identify myself as a male and I must admit twelve years ago I did not watch female sports. The numbers do not lie. The average attendance for the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games was 4,719. According to an AP article those numbers are down 27% from last year and 50% from 2014.

I have stated in RebKell previously that my feelings for female sports began with Elena Delle Donne. My love for the way she plays basketball will never change because I have seen both sides of her. The private and athletic, the personal and public player.. And what has developed inside of me as a person, thru RebKell, is I have got to know the women that play pro basketball a little more personally. If I were to compare the two groups, and be honest, the females are much more compassionate to society issues and play the game of basketball very well.

If I were to have a number one wish, I would wish people would get to know and watch women play the game of basketball..

Randy

PostPosted: 03/30/17 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"If people don't want to come out to the ball park, nobody's gonna stop 'em." Yogi Berra

wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/30/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree!

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/30/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am wondering if people feel why watch the games. We all know that Uconn will not be defeated so why go.

I know my feelings are not wired that way. If you enjoy watching well coached players play the game of basketball, go watch Uconn. And they are getting good attendance numbers.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/30/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I have to admit since MD was eliminated I haven't been watching, but I plan to watch the final four.

I would love to see SC (go Dawn!) or any of the other teams beat UConn.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 03/30/17 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Dawn has done a very nice job. How long before a WNBA team ask her to coach?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Yes, Dawn has done a very nice job. How long before a WNBA team ask her to coach?

i doubt she would take that leap . College coaching is the platform and thats where the money is . Plus more stability with longevity with a program . The WNBA is a revolving door for coaches . You will never see the likes of Geno , Dawn Or Holly (GOD NOT HOLLY) coaching in the WNBA .

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: