RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

This is not only offensive, it's downright weird.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/17 4:02 pm    ::: This is not only offensive, it's downright weird. Reply Reply with quote

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58dd1740e4b05eae031d949c

Although considering the subject of the article, why am I not surprised.

justintyme

PostPosted: 03/30/17 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was planning on posting this myself when I read about it. There was a great and colorful take on it in deadspin.

What Does Mike Pence Think Happens At Restaurants?

PostPosted: 03/30/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just amazed that even the articles critical of Pence seem to think this isn't routine.

As a business lawyer, I consider this commonplace to have dinner with a partner, associate, paralegal, (especially when we're out of town on business), client, witness, expert, potential client, colleague, recruit, professional acquaintance, government official, lobbyist, etc. I couldn't function in my job otherwise. And it doesn't matter whether the person is male or female.

So I'm not supposed to invite the general counsel of a client or potential client out to lunch or dinner if the person is a women even though I would if it was a man? Who would think for a second that's rational? How patronizing can you get?

As a partner in a big law firm, if I ever told a female associate that was helping me on a case "I can't have dinner tonight with you, but if you were a guy we'd go to dinner together tonight and plan our approach for tomorrow's client meeting" I'd get disciplined and the firm would get sued for discrimination.

This is just preposterous.

Some of these people have obviously never had a real job in the real world where they have to deal with real people in real situations.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/30/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"If you laugh at Pence for respecting his marriage, it's probably because you've never been in a healthy one"

....tweeted one twit, in response.

I daresay any marriage so insecure that a dinner/lunch arrangement with someone of the opposite gender would create a problem is hardly a 'healthy' marriage.

Mike's thinking suggests one of 2 directions:
A. He can't trust himself and his libido or fantasies around another woman, so just don't risk it.
B. HE can be trusted, but being so irresistibly attractive, any poor woman in his presence would succumb to his overwhelming charms.

Neither option reflects well on a 'gentleman' in 21st century America. But we already knew he's an idiot. He doesn't seem to have any problem being in close contact with the Pussy-Grabber In Chief. Tolerate a double standard much? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/30/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

A. He can't trust himself and his libido or fantasies around another woman, so just don't risk it.
B. HE can be trusted, but being so irresistibly attractive, any poor woman in his presence would succumb to his overwhelming charms.

C. He believes the only reason one has any sort of contact with a woman is to try to sleep with them, and therefore..because he already has a wife, there is no need to talk to any other woman.

PostPosted: 03/30/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Howee wrote:

C. He believes the only reason one has any sort of contact with a woman is to try to sleep with them, and therefore..because he already has a wife, there is no need to talk to any other woman.

I think it goes deeper with that. It's not a question of him "trying to sleep with her", I think it's a state of mind of believing that people are so weak that any man and woman left together alone will automatically act "immorally". It's basically having a dirty mind and believing that all anyone else except him and his ilk think about is sex. In his own mind he's superior to all us normal people.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/30/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Howee wrote:

I think it goes deeper with that. It's not a question of him "trying to sleep with her", I think it's a state of mind of believing that people are so weak that any man and woman left together alone will automatically act "immorally". It's basically having a dirty mind and believing that all anyone else except him and his ilk think about is sex. In his own mind he's superior to all us normal people.

Certainly his weird religious beliefs play a role.

I agree that I think it's a state of mind. But I don't think he takes the female point of view at all. It's not about what a woman will do, IMO. I just think it's more along the lines of "the only purpose of a woman is.." I take it as another example of him not really viewing women as people.

The examples you provided..a female client or coworker..that doesn't exist..or isn't supposed to exist..in his belief system. I think it goes deeper than my statement, but rather..it's a small detail of his worldview on women.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/30/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i heard it today. so many weirdos.

PostPosted: 03/30/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Howee wrote:

Certainly his weird religious beliefs play a role.

I agree that I think it's a state of mind. But I don't think he takes the female point of view at all. It's not about what a woman will do, IMO. I just think it's more along the lines of "the only purpose of a woman is.." I take it as another example of him not really viewing women as people.

The examples you provided..a female client or coworker..that doesn't exist..or isn't supposed to exist..in his belief system. I think it goes deeper than my statement, but rather..it's a small detail of his worldview on women.

Oh I think he gives women credit. Women are seductresses, men are inherently weak and easily seduced. It's like Adam and Eve. The outcome is inevitable. I think to him both are weak and inherently sinful unless you use "rules" to protect yourself. I don't think he sees it as domination.

He just can't see men and women as peers or colleagues or equals who can deal with each other without it being sexual.

It's not so much a low opinion of women as a low opinion of the human race and human nature.

It's really weird.

justintyme

PostPosted: 03/30/17 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mike Pence Asks Waiter To Remove Mrs. Butterworth From Table Until Wife Arrives

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/31/17 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That or he is a closeted homosexual and this belief

A. allows him to appear very hetero as any dinner with a woman could lead to hot blooded, all american, heterosexual sex,

B. gives an appearance of being respectful to his wife and marriage and,

C. allows all of his intimate dinners to be only with other men.

taropatch

PostPosted: 03/31/17 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VP Michael Pence is more easily understood if you watch this video of his first date with Karen. I'm not lying that IS Michael in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXtxnrP4Pug

Howee

PostPosted: 03/31/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
That or he is a closeted homosexual and this belief

A. allows him to appear very hetero as any dinner with a woman could lead to hot blooded, all american, heterosexual sex,

B. gives an appearance of being respectful to his wife and marriage and,

C. allows all of his intimate dinners to be only with other men.

This is way more likely than most might imagine. Some of the most vociferous anti-gay Public Figures are closeted homosexuals. Unfortunately, I prefer to NOT subscribe to this theory....I DON'T want him in *my* tribe. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: