RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Things the NCAA Needs to Address
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All this talk assumes that arenas are lining up to host regionals.

Stanford-Notre Dame attendance - 2,500

Mississippi St-Baylor attendance - 3,100

I can just see how major venues are just dying to contract for these games. Rolling Eyes

Phil

PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Why not Chicago? Centrally located, very easy to fly into and to find direct flights with the large airports. Great entertainment, restaurants, etc.

Branson, Missouri

I haven't been there, but it sounds like a logical choice - couple a basketball weekend with other entertainment.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Shades wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Why not Chicago? Centrally located, very easy to fly into and to find direct flights with the large airports. Great entertainment, restaurants, etc.

Branson, Missouri

I haven't been there, but it sounds like a logical choice - couple a basketball weekend with other entertainment.

Does Branson even HAVE an arena? I mean, if you're going to go there, how about Gatlinburg, TN? Geez.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll probably get laughed at for this, but why did they move the championship game to Sunday night? Are they trying to lose viewership on purpose? Couple the fact that many people won't be home before tipoff with a higher-rated show that will be on during that time period: Wrestlemania. Laugh all you want but Wrestlemania will kill this game in the ratings. Are they trying to make this a niche sport or are they trying to grow? They are headed in the wrong direction if they are forcing people to make a choice. At least on Tuesday night there was nothing else going on. It may not be popular on Rebkell, but if you force people to choose between Wrestlemania and women's basketball, 90% of people are going to choose the top wrestling event of the year.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/30/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NCAA women's basketball needs Sweet 16 to Vegas idea

...Women’s basketball needs an influx of energy, juice or a mix of Red Bull and Mountain Dew to kick start the sport. The regional portion of the tournament is stagnant. Small crowds in big arenas with the exception of when Connecticut plays near its campus....

Mike Carmin , mcarmin@jconline.com 3:53 p.m. ET March 30, 2017
http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/womens-basketball/2017/03/30/ncaa-womens-basketball-needs-sweet-16-vegas-idea/99799368/

Long, thoughtful piece. I hope the NCAA brass read this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: