RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#1 South Carolina vs #3 Florida St - 3/27/17

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44119



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/25/17 7:27 pm    ::: #1 South Carolina vs #3 Florida St - 3/27/17 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Regional Final
Stockton, CA - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Dave Pasch & LaChina Robinson)

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/

Audio:
http://tunein.com/radio/Seminole-IMG-Sports-Network-s230234/?utm_source=tiEmbed&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=s230234

Live stats:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-women/d1/2017/03/27/florida-st-south-carolina



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/27/17 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 628
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If USC beats FSU, they won't be the first USC basketball team to make it to the Final Four this season!!!


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 44119



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/26/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
If USC beats FSU, they won't be the first USC basketball team to make it to the Final Four this season!!!


You can say the same about Oregon.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1145



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Wilson plays like the best player on the floor tonight South Car should win.
Brinx



Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 739
Location: CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how Coates's feels about these commenters who keep going on and on about how South Carolina is better without her....


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2670



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
I wonder how Coates's feels about these commenters who keep going on and on about how South Carolina is better without her....



She should have added a foul line jumper and a higher ft% at some point in her 4 years. She was a great defender and rebounder as a freshman and she's leaving with the same rep.


RP



Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 1200



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's Dave Pasch who keeps repeating the drivel, and he should know better by now after calling the Arizona State game.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did they get a travel out of that?
Confused



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4505



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU down 3 with 5 minutes left before halftime. It just feels like SC is up more, not sure why.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does USC look like they are running their offense like a high school team?

Like they are following diagrams on the floor.

I dribble from here to here, then pass. You pass from here to there.

Looks very mechanical or something.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2461



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SC should run more plays for Gray


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis has been fantastic in this regional. South Carolina really needed another consistent scorer and she has provided it.


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Noles playing crappy again. Disappointing.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 628
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

40-29 halftime lead. At one point late in the half, the color commentator stated that FSU was fortunate to only be down by 7 pts at that point.

I thought if anything FSU was unfortunate: they were down by only 3 pts when Wilson picked up her 2nd foul, and if there was going to be a time when they could have capitalized and taken the lead in the score, it would be while USC's top player was on the bench.

But FSU fell behind to 7 at the time the commentator spoke up, and now trail by 11 pts at the half. USC out-scored FSU 12-4 after Wilson sat down. Wilson will return to the floor at the start of the 2nd half.....


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 628
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
If USC beats FSU, they won't be the first USC basketball team to make it to the Final Four this season!!!


You can say the same about Oregon.



No you can't - Oregon wasn't going to play FSU...... Very Happy


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aja just picked up her 3rd foul, 22 seconds into the 3rd.


mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2215
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everything Davis is throwing up is going in can't beat em if you can't get a stop FSU


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2670



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis' draft position is improving by the minute.


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 157
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just going to come out and say it...

Now that Alaina Coates is gone, the Gamecocks have lost their Achilles heel. They don't even look beatable anymore. They are definitely the team to beat now.

For all the talk about the UConn streak, it's time we start talking about South Carolina's, because I honestly don't forsee them ever losing again. At least not for a couple of years.

Coates was holding them back. Now that she's out, there's no stopping them.


mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2215
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a disaster FSU is


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4165
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn needs new glasses. Those are REALLY unflattering.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1003



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I'm just going to come out and say it...

Now that Alaina Coates is gone, the Gamecocks have lost their Achilles heel. They don't even look beatable anymore. They are definitely the team to beat now.

For all the talk about the UConn streak, it's time we start talking about South Carolina's, because I honestly don't forsee them ever losing again. At least not for a couple of years.

Coates was holding them back. Now that she's out, there's no stopping them.


Laughing


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going outside to rip out some trees with my tractor.
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida State on a run! 3 point game!


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What could FSU do if they played all 10 minutes of all 4 quarters?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4505



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Romero got jobbed there


mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2215
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch that's a steal and layup


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Romero got jobbed there


Yep.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Romero got jobbed there


That's what I thought too Mad


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2670



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same ref ignored the Davis hook and then called a non-existent foul.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa!!!!!!!!!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That block on Romero was NICE! Surprised


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3872
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im rooting for dawn and the cocks but that was clearly a foul on aj'a! Laughing



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this TO really long?????

Or did two get called?



_________________
neverthless she persisted
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7894
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Is this TO really long?????

Or did two get called?


Two got called. FSU with the first and then SC with the second to advance.


mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2215
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU decision making throughout this game has been horrible. Wow.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4332



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Is this TO really long?????

Or did two get called?


Two got called. FSU with the first and then SC with the second to advance.


That's what I thought. I'm also doing laundry and missed the second one.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
elsie



Joined: 08 Apr 2016
Posts: 68



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the foul calls or missed foul calls in favor of SC are ...something...


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 2670



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Calls aside, FS has only themselves to blame. Bad shot selection. Wright and Romero combined were 11-39 (2-13).


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look at the stats in FSU's favor:

-- 71 shots on goal to 45 (a 26 shot difference!!!)
-- 36 rebounds to 31
-- 12 assists to SC's measly 8
-- 11 TO's to 18
-- 10 steals to 7

Yet FSU loses by 7 because they shoot 37% to SC's 58%. SC got one more point on field goals and six more points on FT's.
bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 3118



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can finally stop holding my breath! It got real hairy in the 4 and for the 1st time during this came I started sitting on the edge of my seat.

Congrat's Gamecocks for pulling it out and making it to the Final 4.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 20348



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm going outside to rip out some trees with my tractor.


no. no. no. I got a lot planted during these two games today. You CAN'T rip them out. I will call the environmental police.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 867
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Look at the stats in FSU's favor:

-- 71 shots on goal to 45 (a 26 shot difference!!!)
-- 36 rebounds to 31
-- 12 assists to SC's measly 8
-- 11 TO's to 18
-- 10 steals to 7

Yet FSU loses by 7 because they shoot 37% to SC's 58%. SC got one more point on field goals and six more points on FT's.


They can not have those kind of stats against a disciplined team like Stanford, especially turnovers and expect to win.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Look at the stats in FSU's favor:

-- 71 shots on goal to 45 (a 26 shot difference!!!)
-- 36 rebounds to 31
-- 12 assists to SC's measly 8
-- 11 TO's to 18
-- 10 steals to 7

Yet FSU loses by 7 because they shoot 37% to SC's 58%. SC got one more point on field goals and six more points on FT's.


They can not have those kind of stats against a disciplined team like Stanford, especially turnovers and expect to win.


I agree, except shooting 58% can cover up a lot of ugly.

Myrtle, it's only Acer negundo, which needs to be removed to get more sun for Pinus densiflora. Nevertheless, I postponed the surgery.

Bye, bye, Seminoles. Back to rooting for Genghis (U)Khan.
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 628
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So half of this Final Four is made up of SEC teams. And all that talk about SEC dominance was just media hype.....

Last 3 Final Fours:

3 SEC teams
3 Pac-12 teams
3 AAC teams
2 ACC teams
1 Big10 team


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 3855
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:


Last 3 Final Fours:

3 SEC teams - S Car, S Car, Miss St
3 Pac-12 teams - Wash, Or St, Stanford
3 AAC teams - UConn, UConn, UConn
2 ACC teams - Notre Dame, Syracuse
1 Big10 team - Maryland


Pac 12 with the biggest variety of teams.
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5432



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/17 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Same ref ignored the Davis hook and then called a non-existent foul.


Pretty much took away FSU's chances to win...



_________________
CORINNE BAILEY RAE
The Heart Speaks In Whispers

s

WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 3872
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Brinx wrote:
I wonder how Coates's feels about these commenters who keep going on and on about how South Carolina is better without her....



She should have added a foul line jumper and a higher ft% at some point in her 4 years. She was a great defender and rebounder as a freshman and she's leaving with the same rep.


+1 +1 ..sucks she could not improve over the 4 years . Thats on her she has to hold herself accountable and put in the time to be a great player . Im sure thats something WNBA GM's are focused on also . Where was she in year 1 vs Year 4 ? Also these commentators need to think before they speak sometimes , these are kids . Referring to any player as if they have no value on there own team is very disrespectful and hurtful towards ones confidence. Coates makes a big difference in this team hands down . Maybe there Offense might be more fluid being forced to make there guards create plays for themselves now but coates is the piece that makes SC championship caliber . Without her i dont think they have the slightest chance of dethroning UCONN this year.



_________________
2-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-2-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 157
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
So half of this Final Four is made up of SEC teams. And all that talk about SEC dominance was just media hype.....

Last 3 Final Fours:

3 SEC teams
3 Pac-12 teams
3 AAC teams
2 ACC teams
1 Big10 team

It would be a lot more impressive if any of them would get PAST the Final Four. Not that I'm doubting the Gamecocks this year (or next)...


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11452



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/28/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Brinx wrote:
I wonder how Coates's feels about these commenters who keep going on and on about how South Carolina is better without her....



She should have added a foul line jumper and a higher ft% at some point in her 4 years. She was a great defender and rebounder as a freshman and she's leaving with the same rep.


+1 +1 ..sucks she could not improve over the 4 years . Thats on her she has to hold herself accountable and put in the time to be a great player . Im sure thats something WNBA GM's are focused on also . Where was she in year 1 vs Year 4 ? Also these commentators need to think before they speak sometimes , these are kids . Referring to any player as if they have no value on there own team is very disrespectful and hurtful towards ones confidence. Coates makes a big difference in this team hands down . Maybe there Offense might be more fluid being forced to make there guards create plays for themselves now but coates is the piece that makes SC championship caliber . Without her i dont think they have the slightest chance of dethroning UCONN this year.


I actually considered the comments more of a commentary on Staley than on Coates. They could have played a much more fluid active offense with Coates all along if only Staley coached that way without being forced to do so.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin