PostPosted: 03/25/17 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/26/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420
coach mitch Retweeted Hoopfeed.com
What is wrong with people! I guess trying to give a lifeless story life! Never speculate ask the parents!

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed
Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell undecided on senior year return (Scout) http://j.mp/2n5YX1H #ncaaw

I guess it's a non-story then?

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/26/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420
What is wrong with people! I guess trying to give a lifeless story life! Never speculate ask the parents!

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed
Ohio State's Kelsey Mitchell undecided on senior year return (Scout) http://j.mp/2n5YX1H #ncaaw

Hey, Coach Mitch, you mean no college student has ever gone against her parent's wishes? Smile

I didn't realize that Mitchell's birthday is September 17, 1994. She could have entered the draft last year. So, she has already given up one year of earning power. Does she want to make it two?

PostPosted: 03/26/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed

Hey, Coach Mitch, you mean no college student has ever gone against her parent's wishes? Smile

I didn't realize that Mitchell's birthday is September 17, 1994. She could have entered the draft last year. So, she has already given up one year of earning power. Does she want to make it two?

That's the wrong Kelsey Mitchell. The one we're interested in is born in 1995.

But yeah... it sounds like head busta considers himself in charge.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 03/26/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed

Her birthday is November 12, 1995.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

To clarify the posts above yours, that's the birthday of the Kelsey Mitchell who went to Michigan.

PostPosted: 03/26/17 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That explains it. I had checked Mitchell last year and nothing turned up so I was wondering how I missed it. Two Kelsey Mitchells, two Makayla Epps', two Courtney Williams' last year -- we need some new names around here. Laughing

Still, it doesn't change anything with Mitchell's status. It seems like Kelsey's been asked point blank more than once. It doesn't take much to say, "I'm staying". So, if she's as sure as her dad suggests, why not just answer the question?

PostPosted: 03/27/17 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed

I think we all should take note and drop Kelsey Mitchell from the discussion regarding the 2017 WNBA Draft. Mark and Kelsey Mitchell have a cord that can't or won't be cut when it comes to leaving Ohio State for the WNBA in 2017.

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed

I think we all should take note and drop Kelsey Mitchell from the discussion regarding the 2017 WNBA Draft. Mark and Kelsey Mitchell have a cord that can't or won't be cut when it comes to leaving Ohio State for the WNBA in 2017.

This is not news -- her father has been saying "no" all along. Meanwhile, Kelsey refuses to answer the question. I was skeptical about Mitchell leaving from the start, but as this has played out and we see conflicting statements from Kelsey and her father, I've begun to wonder. If she wants to return, then it's really, really easy to say she's staying. Get the press off your back, and everyone is happy -- Dad, coach, teammates. Instead, she refuses to answer. Even Morgan Tuck publicly stated that she was returning to UConn before changing her mind at the last minute. So, it looks to me like Kelsey wants to leave but her father is afraid of losing his job. It sure looks like she's being pressured to return rather than staying willingly.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
coach mitch‏
@headbusta420

Quote:
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed

This is not news -- her father has been saying "no" all along. Meanwhile, Kelsey refuses to answer the question. I was skeptical about Mitchell leaving from the start, but as this has played out and we see conflicting statements from Kelsey and her father, I've begun to wonder. If she wants to return, then it's really, really easy to say she's staying. Get the press off your back, and everyone is happy -- Dad, coach, teammates. Instead, she refuses to answer. Even Morgan Tuck publicly stated that she was returning to UConn before changing her mind at the last minute. So, it looks to me like Kelsey wants to leave but her father is afraid of losing his job. It sure looks like she's being pressured to return rather than staying willingly.

Wow THIS !! +1 ...i was thinking the exact same thing reading up and down this thread. If she wanted to stay then whats the hoopla about saying IM COMING Back but then again if a player wants to leave but fears her dads income could become a major factor thats alot of weight to put on a kids shoulders . Melvin should back off and let her decide on her own for her own future happiness. Heck chelsea will still be a senior next year although riding the bench and her sisters coat tails. Heck seems like thats something the mitchell family has down pat father included. Let the girl be great and get better around talent to match and NO thats not at OSU.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mark Mitchell hasn't really been saying no all along. He's been acting more like he was unaware that she qualified for the draft and not really taking the notion seriously. Now that he's fully aware and the heat is coming down as far as an answer from her, then he's acting like maybe it's out of the question or it's his decision. But there doesn't seem to be an official answer from her. Maybe they just like to build the suspense, or perhaps they think his innuendo is enough.

I guess I'll go back to my theory that he's worried about losing his decent-paying gravy assistant's job. Disappointing. Why hold her back from starting her obvious career? The career scoring record is out of reach unless Mitchell turns into Kelsey Plum her senior year, green light on every possession. She's only a few credits away from graduating so it's not like she's "throwing a degree away". She can finish up online or whatever. She seems like maybe she has a sheltered life with an overbearing parent that doesn't want her to grow up, so maybe she's not ready for the real world.

Oh well, next year then. She'll still probably be a lottery pick, although not as quaranteed. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for this year until I hear official word from her.

Last edited by Shades on 03/28/17 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Mark Mitchell hasn't really been saying no all along. He's been acting more like he was unaware that she qualified for the draft and not really taking the notion seriously. Now that he's fully aware and the heat is coming down as far as an answer from her, then he's acting like maybe it's out of the question or it's his decision. But there doesn't seem to be an official answer from her. Maybe they just like to build the suspense, or perhaps they think his innuendo is enough.

I guess I'll go back to my theory that he's worried about losing his decent-paying gravy assistant's job. Disappointing. Why hold her back from starting her obvious career? The career scoring record is out of reach unless Mitchell turns into Kelsey Plum her senior year, green light on every possession. She's only a few credits away from graduating so it's not like she's "throwing a diploma away". She can finish up online or whatever. She seems like maybe she has a sheltered life with an overbearing parent that doesn't want her to grow up, so maybe she's not ready for the real world.

Oh well, next year then. She'll still probably be a lottery pick, although not as quaranteed. I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for this year until I hear official word from her.

Or maybe Hoopfeed.com is just making a story out of nothing?
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/27/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe he is saying she isn't coming out because San Antonio and Chicago didn't hire him as an assistant coach? Wink

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Maybe he is saying she isn't coming out because San Antonio and Chicago didn't hire him as an assistant coach? Wink

Dead !

PostPosted: 03/27/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Dallas probably would.... sorry Taj Surprised

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not going into detail, but, as a gay man, being a "bucket" means something much different to me. Shocked

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Not going into detail, but, as a gay man, being a "bucket" means something much different to me. Shocked

OMG i thought i was the only person to think this when i read "Bucket" lmao the first half of that phrase start with an S ? PickledGinger ? Laughing

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AP ALL AMERICAN TEAMS - Seniors and draft eligibles

First Team
Kelsey Plum, Washington, 5-8, senior, Poway, Calif., 31.7 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.7 apg, 53.3 fg pct, 42.9 3-pt fg pct, 88.8 ft pct, 37.1 minutes (33 first-place votes, 165 points)

Brionna Jones, Maryland, 6-3, senior, Havre de Grace, Md., 19.8 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 69.8 fg pct (17, 126)

Second Team
Kelsey Mitchell, Ohio State, 5-8, junior, Cincinnati, 23.0 ppg, 4.0 apg, 44.2 fg pct, 82.4 ft pct (13, 107)

Chantel Osahor, Washington, 6-2, senior, Phoenix, 15.7 ppg, 15.3 rpg, 4.2 apg (4, 59)

Alexis Peterson, Syracuse, 5-7, senior, Columbus, Ohio, 23.3 ppg, 7.1 apg, 3.0 steals, 35.6 minutes (3, 58)

Third Team
Sydney Wiese, Oregon State, 6-1, senior, Phoenix, 15.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 4.6 apg, 45.9 3-pt fg pct, 85.3 ft pct (1, 56)

Lindsay Allen, Notre Dame, 5-8, senior, Mitchellville, Md., 9.2 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 7.6 apg, 50.0 fg pct (4, 54)

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Maryland, 5-11, senior, Aliquippa, Pa., 18.6 ppg, 3.7 apg, 53.1 fg pct, 44.7 3-pt fg pct, 81.1 ft pct (0, 52)

Lexie Brown, Duke, 5-9, junior, Suwanee, Ga., 18.3 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.6 apg, 92.2 ft pct, 2.8 steals (0, 40)

Victoria Vivians, Mississippi State, 6-1, junior, Carthage, Miss., 16.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg (1, 34)

Honorable Mention (in alphabetical order)
Evelyn Akhator, Kentucky
Jordin Canada, UCLA
Alaina Coates, South Carolina
Nia Coffey, Northwestern
Makayla Epps, Kentucky
Tori Jankoska, Michigan State
Alexis Jones, Baylor
Erica McCall, Stanford
Leticia Romero, Florida State
Mercedes Russell, Tennessee
Karlie Samuelson, Stanford
Brooke Schulte, DePaul
Jennie Simms, Old Dominion
Lizzy Wendell, Drake

Senior
Draft eligible
Draft eligible claiming they're returning to college team

Last edited by Shades on 03/31/17 3:49 am; edited 3 times in total
zvyn3

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I guess I'll go back to my theory that he's worried about losing his decent-paying gravy assistant's job. Disappointing. Why hold her back from starting her obvious career? The career scoring record is out of reach unless Mitchell turns into Kelsey Plum her senior year, green light on every possession. She's only a few credits away from graduating so it's not like she's "throwing a diploma away". She can finish up online or whatever. She seems like maybe she has a sheltered life with an overbearing parent that doesn't want her to grow up, so maybe she's not ready for the real world.

Why do you want her to leave so badly?

zune69

PostPosted: 03/27/17 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also posted this in the wcb forum.

How does Diamond not get a honorable mention at the very least ? Deshields put up respectable numbers,and helped her team beat 4 elite eight basketball teams plus Kentucky.Possibly 3 final four teams.

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

These are some quality wins,and Diamond was a big factor in the outcome of these games.People also forget that tennessee lost two starters before the season started.Tennessee's on court problems pre-existed Diamond's arrival from UNC.

Deshields stats:
17.4p/6.4r/3.8a/1.4s/1.0b/42%/79%/33%

Vivians:
16.3p/4.2r/1.5a/1.4s/0.2b/37%/76%/28%

Like really,you're going to tell me Vivians deserved the all-american nod over Deshields ?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I also posted this in the wcb forum.

How does Diamond not get a honorable mention at the very least ? Deshields put up respectable numbers,and helped her team beat 4 elite eight basketball teams plus Kentucky.Possibly 3 final four teams.

Wins over:
#10 Stanford
#17 Kentucky
#6 Notre Dame
#4 South Carolina
#3 MSST

These are some quality wins,and Diamond was a big factor in the outcome of these games.People also forget that tennessee lost two starters before the season started.Tennessee's on court problems pre-existed Diamond's arrival from UNC.

Deshields stats:
17.4p/6.4r/3.8a/1.4s/1.0b/42%/79%/33%

Vivians:
16.3p/4.2r/1.5a/1.4s/0.2b/37%/76%/28%

Like really,you're going to tell me Vivians deserved the all-american nod over Deshields ?

I guess the team aspect gave VV the nod but the argument can then be made that the lady vols beat MSST handily and almost did the 1st matchup in which it loss in OT. Overall i doubt DD cares about any collegiate awards anymore anyways. She knows her future is very very bright and near.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're going to give a player bonus marks for helping her team beat good teams, don't you have to take marks away for letting them lose to crappy ones? If they could've done the former and avoided the latter they'd have been, y'know, good.

PostPosted: 03/27/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
If you're going to give a player bonus marks for helping her team beat good teams, don't you have to take marks away for letting them lose to crappy ones? If they could've done the former and avoided the latter they'd have been, y'know, good.

It wasn't her fault they lost to crappy ones.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/27/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Maryland, 5-11, junior, Aliquippa, Pa., 18.6 ppg, 3.7 apg, 53.1 fg pct, 44.7 3-pt fg pct, 81.1 ft pct (0, 52)

Brenda is so, so excited to discover she gets SWK for another year!

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 51 of 73

Jump to: