RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Baylor vs #2 Mississippi St - 3/26/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Alexis Jones stock droppage.....

....all the way to the second round.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VV finally looked like her hype, and MW picked a great game to get her career high.

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
What a game. What an emotional roller coaster. So many feelings omg.

Me 2 Queenie- feel so bad for Nina Davis never making it to the Final 4. Oh well it is what it is. I almost feel like Baylor did this to themselves. Well that is 2 number 1's out. Wonder how South Carolina will do tomorrow.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was no itty bitty upset. Yes it was!!!!!! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor shot 53% to Miss St's 43% but hit as many shots because Miss St took 14 more shots. Turnovers: Baylor 18 Miss St 4. Lack of a true point guard hurt the Bears at the worst possible time.

As a UConn fan I'm tempted to be happy about the possibility of playing a team that the Huskies beat by 60 last year but I remember that the gods destroy people by granting them their wishes. Very Happy

zune69

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of these upsets are great for the tournament,but not the final four.Uconn's odds of winning continues to increase.Attendance will drop.Ratings will decrease.However,if there's one coach who can put together a gameplan to beat uconn,it would be coach Vanderveer.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
All of these upsets are great for the tournament but not for the final four.

Don't be so sure this was an upset. On paper, maybe. But if you haven't been watching Miss St. all season, or for the last couple of years as they've been developing, then you wouldn't expect this. If you had, you wouldn't be so shocked.

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how many folks had their bracket screwed up. I didn't even fill out one because you never know what can happen in this tournament.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
zune69 wrote:
All of these upsets are great for the tournament but not for the final four.

Don't be so sure this was an upset. On paper, maybe. But if you haven't been watching Miss St. all season, or for the last couple of years as they've been developing, then you wouldn't expect this. If you had, you wouldn't be so shocked.

So are you saying msst odds of beating uconn were the same as Baylor's ?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oops, wrong thread

Last edited by cthskzfn on 03/27/17 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
All of these upsets are great for the tournament,but not the final four.Uconn's odds of winning continues to increase.Attendance will drop.Ratings will decrease.However,if there's one coach who can put together a gameplan to beat uconn,it would be coach Vanderveer.

That's very true but she has to spend next week getting a game plan together to beat S Car/Fla St. Like Muffet, her success against UConn has come in the semi-finals, not the finals.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a-MAAAAAA-zing!

I have loved me some Morgan Williams for the entire season, and I was so glad to see her do her thing tonight. But--not so much for my brackets, &$#@!!

I knew it would be a decent game, but I really thought Baylor had this by up to 10 pts. Biggest diff to me? Jones-off, Wallace-WAY off, Morgan Williams just unconscious.

MSST's Bigs = 22 pts, Baylor's Bigs = 48. ONE MSST guard had 41 pts. Damn!

Excellent display. All of today's games were terrific, but this was the better of the 2, imo.

Looking at the graphic of the teams remaining, I was thinking of how incredible the coaches of these teams are: Dawn is the least experienced of them all, but all are pretty awesome!

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

It's funny you say that because
1) I couldn't get tickets to Bridgeport without going through scalpers or StubHub this weekend. Every other game I watched this weekend had empty seats in the front row including Notre Dame and Baylor.
2) If it weren't for UConn the ratings in women's basketball would be so low that they would have to stop televising, and
3) Vanderveer doesn't exactly have an impressive record in the NC, regardless of the opponent.

UConn's not even in the Final Four yet. They can still lose tomorrow. As far as attendance goes, who do you think fills up all of those seats? UConn fans. What would happen if Geno were to retire and UConn fell into irrelevance? What would happen to the women's game then? Nobody would care anymore. TV ratings would circle the drain. The WNBA will cease to exist. Remember when they stopped letting Connecticut host games? They lost so much money that they had no choice but to let them host again. Fact of the matter is, if it weren't for UConn, nobody would care about women's basketball anymore. You should be thanking your lucky stars that they are still in the tournament. If anything you should hope they break Miami's record of 137 games.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/26/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

^ ,You're over exaggeration to the nth degree about UConn and it's impact on WNBA. Name any sport that ceast to exist because a dynasty ended? When the UConn dynasty ends (and it will one decade or two), there will be another one to take it's place.

elsie

PostPosted: 03/26/17 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the general public would be MUCH MORE interested in womens college bb if other teams had a chance.....

as it is now, all these games have been exciting except for the UConn games....

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/26/17 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

God I love when Mulkey goes dowwwwwwwwn.

acsuc99

PostPosted: 03/26/17 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This time last week- UConn has the toughest road!

Fast forward a week-

Brendasaurus is waving the white flag of surrender in her halftime GO OUT SWINGING speech.

Kim Mulkey, who arguably has more talent on he roster than ANY team this year, once again bows out in the Elite 8 by allowing a midget to go off for 40+ points!

I mean COME...ON. Razz How the HELL do you not make a Final 4 with Baylor's roster! And the Final 4 was right in their backyard!

You can't make this up anymore!

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/26/17 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
This time last week- UConn has the toughest road!

Fast forward a week-

Brendasaurus is waving the white flag of surrender in her halftime GO OUT SWINGING speech.

Kim Mulkey, who arguably has more talent on he roster than ANY team this year, once again bows out in the Elite 8 by allowing a midget to go off for 40+ points!

I mean COME...ON. Razz How the HELL do you not make a Final 4 with Baylor's roster! And the Final 4 was right in their backyard!

You can't make this up anymore!

And I thought I was being a little silly when I joke about how Mulkey could only manage to win 1 National Title with Griner & Sims. How did Baylor & Maryland win titles in '05 & '06 again?

taropatch

PostPosted: 03/27/17 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Morgan William (note there is no "s") was in the zone. I've seen her like this once in that come back against A&M (not sure which opponent)? Every time she fired you knew it was going in. The Aussie had a horrible game -- never seen her this bad. As others have mentioned, you feel bad for the seniors, Davis and Prince. Both coaches who stress defense had their teams playing good D.

Two more #1 seeds need to bite the dust.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/27/17 5:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
zune69 wrote:

1) I couldn't get tickets to Bridgeport without going through scalpers or StubHub this weekend. Every other game I watched this weekend had empty seats in the front row including Notre Dame and Baylor.
2) If it weren't for UConn the ratings in women's basketball would be so low that they would have to stop televising, and
3) Vanderveer doesn't exactly have an impressive record in the NC, regardless of the opponent.

UConn's not even in the Final Four yet. They can still lose tomorrow. As far as attendance goes, who do you think fills up all of those seats? UConn fans. What would happen if Geno were to retire and UConn fell into irrelevance? What would happen to the women's game then? Nobody would care anymore. TV ratings would circle the drain. The WNBA will cease to exist. Remember when they stopped letting Connecticut host games? They lost so much money that they had no choice but to let them host again. Fact of the matter is, if it weren't for UConn, nobody would care about women's basketball anymore. You should be thanking your lucky stars that they are still in the tournament. If anything you should hope they break Miami's record of 137 games.

Once again,uconn fans taking my comments out of context.....

1.Attendance will drop- Because Baylor's huge fan base will skip the final four festivities.

2.The odds of uconn winning continues to increase-Because the teams most likely to challenge uconn are being eliminated.

3.Ratings will decrease-with ND/Baylor getting knocked out.many WCB fans will make the assumption that uconn will have a cake walk to winning the national title and decide not too watch.But I strongly disagree,If Stanford advances to the title game I believe they can pull off the upset.Vanderveer is that good of a coach

My comments were not an attempt to knock or discredit uconn in any way.Geno is the greatest womens basketball coach of all-time.Uconn has the best program in WCB.Uconn has the hardest working players 1-through 12.I was rooting against South Carolina,but now I hope they make the final four.I want to see competitive basketball games,like we saw tonight.

Hoping msst proves me wrong again.I don't care if uconn wins or losses,I just want to see competitive basketball games.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/27/17 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Alexis Jones stock droppage.....

No....Jones had a terrible last 6 minutes.But I don't see Peterson,Wiese or Epps getting selected ahead of Jones.Like really....Wiese ahead of Jones ?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/27/17 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Once again,uconn fans taking my comments out of context.....

1.Attendance will drop- Because Baylor's huge fan base will skip the final four festivities.

2.The odds of uconn winning continues to increase-Because the teams most likely to challenge uconn are being eliminated.

3.Ratings will decrease-with ND/Baylor getting knocked out.many WCB fans will make the assumption that uconn will have a cake walk to winning the national title and decide not too watch.But I strongly disagree,If Stanford advances to the title game I believe they can pull off the upset.Vanderveer is that good of a coach

My comments were not an attempt to knock or discredit uconn in any way.Geno is the greatest womens basketball coach of all-time.Uconn has the best program in WCB.Uconn has the hardest working players 1-through 12.I was rooting against South Carolina,but now I hope they make the final four.I want to see competitive basketball games,like we saw tonight.

Hoping msst proves me wrong again.I don't care if uconn wins or losses,I just want to see competitive basketball games.

Excuse me. That would be ONE uconn fan. Just address him/her in your remarks, please. Wink

PostPosted: 03/27/17 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Total Karma for Kim Mulkey. Now she can throw her players under the bus and smash them in the face. Maybe she should get the Baylor men's football team to go to the ladies locker room after the game to teach her players a "lesson or two". I mean, Mulkey DOES condone those types of things after all.
It's the Baylor way.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And some of you are STILL gonna tell me that Miss State is not the real deal? Rolling Eyes

Until they play UCONN in the F4 *IF* and not lose by 60 again then ill be sold. Real Deal Nah may just an important cog in the deal

PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
the general public would be MUCH MORE interested in womens college bb if other teams had a chance.....

as it is now, all these games have been exciting except for the UConn games....

ND's blowout of tOSU was exciting? 99-76

Baylor's blowout of Lou? 97-63

SCAr's destruction of Quinn? 100-58

UConn won by 15.

Why exaggerate?

Last edited by cthskzfn on 03/27/17 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: