RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #4 UCLA - 3/25/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think he was talking more about the fact that her older sisters *both* went to Stanford, so there was undoubtedly a lot of family pressure, whether it was spoken or not.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

patsweetpat wrote:
tfan wrote:
Good night nurse. Andy Landers just claimed with great drama, that it took "great courage" for Katie Lou Samuelson to go to Connecticut instead of Stanford.

Ridiculous. KML went from the exact same high school to UConn not 4 years earlier. FBOW, there was absolutely nothing groundbreaking about a top SoCal recruit signing with UConn.

bullshit.

the easy thing for her to do would be follow her sisters to Stanford.

it took guts or independence for her to go east, and i'm glad she did.

no surprise though. she puked before and DURING a game, and kept on playing. balls enough for me.

linkster wrote:
The game summery shows 8,800 attended so there were 1,200 unsold seats. Not one Maryland fan was unable to attend due to a lack of tickets.

Much ado about nothing.

They announced it at 8,800 and a sell out during a apparently long commercial break. Looking up from our seats in the floor, did not see any empty seats save for those vacated by Oregon and Terps fans from the first game. Even the all the sky boxes were occupied which they were not last year.

PostPosted: 03/25/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA was quite good -- better offensively than Oregon State, I thought. Canada burned Canadian Nurse several times on drives and tricky moves.
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/25/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
For a month or more Burke has been hyping Azura Stevens even calling her the front-runner for next year's POY. What's Doris going to say when Stevens doesn't even start next year?

I'm guessing their starters will be Nurse, Samuelson, Gabby, Collier, and Azura.

Hard to imagine benching a current starter if they win the championship.
Maybe Stevens will end up being a poison pill.

Chong graduates. So myrtle isn't benching a current starter.

I was agreeing with her, but Dangerfield gets held back. Maybe it won't be such a problem.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dangerfield never becomes a starter. UConn has three other highly rated guards coming in.

And even Walker could end up playing ahead of Stevens. There's an awful lot of hype growing around Azura; I'm not buying it. IIRC, when she was "starring" for Duke, they missed the tournament for the first time in forever. Hardly a sterling resume. I watched her play a lot in the ACC. They were a LOT better this year without her.

I'm in show me mode. UConn is going to have a ton of talent. Picking out Stevens as the slam dunk star of that team seems incredibly premature. It's just typical Doris hot air. And if she never plays a game it won't detract one bit from UConn's success. Their roster is just fine.
Geno on his local radio show, on the SNY show, and in artcles throughtout the year, said that the best player on the team for next year is sitting on the bench in Stevens. He also said if Azure stays two years and she will be POY by her second year.

PostPosted: 03/25/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA played extremely hard and I came away fairly impressed seeing them in person compared to on TV earlier this year.

As for UConn, was least impressed by KLS. Seemed like a turnover machine and very lazy on defense. Hopefully she changes that Monday

Shades

PostPosted: 03/25/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Geno on his local radio show, on the SNY show, and in artcles throughtout the year, said that the best player on the team for next year is sitting on the bench in Stevens. He also said if Azure stays two years and she will be POY by her second year.

She's already getting the sales pitch to stay her full eligibility.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/25/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

I'm sure you are! She's a great player! If she'd've gone to my school, I'd be glad too!

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jordan Canada is a very special player. It was a pleasure to watch her
play live. She is just really good.

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Jordan Canada is a very special player. It was a pleasure to watch her
play live. She is just really good.

The commentators were so busy rambling about irrelevant events that they never mentioned Canada's 11 assist after she fouled out.Canada did a great job of controlling ucla's offensive pace and finding the open shooters.Jordin took quality shots and only committed 2 turnovers.

And if I heard correctly,Jordin Canada is draft eligible.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/17 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
tfan wrote:
Good night nurse. Andy Landers just claimed with great drama, that it took "great courage" for Katie Lou Samuelson to go to Connecticut instead of Stanford.

Ridiculous. KML went from the exact same high school to UConn not 4 years earlier. FBOW, there was absolutely nothing groundbreaking about a top SoCal recruit signing with UConn.

bullshit.

the easy thing for her to do would be follow her sisters to Stanford.

no surprise though. she puked before and DURING a game, and kept on playing. balls enough for me.

bullshit. There is no "guts" involved in choosing a college. People go to colleges across the country all the time and no one praises them about how courageous they are. Was Mercedes Russell a brave woman to go to Tennesee when she could have played at a Pac-12 school in her home state? The easy thing to do for Samuelson - the highest rated high school player in the country - would be to win multiple championships by going to a school that had current and will have future "highest rated high school player in the country" on the roster, as well as National Team starters.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/26/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me being brave is picking a school that hasn't been good. Ionescu picking Oregon is an example, Ramirez picking TCU. Even with geography in mind, the top players picking the top programs does not really scream brave to me.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/26/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrong thread

Brinx

PostPosted: 03/26/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Yup, she is. Kara Lawson asked her about it and she said she hadn't thought about it much. After the game she posted on Instagram that she's coming back to UCLA.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSFNVlbB-pX/?hl=en[/url]

Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yup, she is. Kara Lawson asked her about it and she said she hadn't thought about it much. After the game she posted on Instagram that she's coming back to UCLA.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSFNVlbB-pX/?hl=en

Nobody was expecting her to declare. It's basically DeShields, Mitchell, and maybe Russell that people are/were looking at. And maybe Kaela Davis now that her tournament stock has gone up. Anything more than DeShields and Mitchell will be gravy. Anything less, a disappointment (for me) since I'm more into WNBA.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 03/26/17 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

David's only benefit to enter this year would be that she'd be a guaranteed first round pick. In 2018, who knows where she'd land considering how deep it is?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: