RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 UCLA vs #5 Texas A&M - 3/20/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/18/17 10:40 pm    ::: #4 UCLA vs #5 Texas A&M - 3/20/17 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament Second Round
Los Angeles, CA - 10:00 PM ET

TV: ESPNU (Sam Gore & Julianne Viani)

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/

Audio:
http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/2016/8/16/live-audio.aspx

Live stats:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-women/d1/2017/03/20/ucla-texas-am

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/20/17 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA up big, but then so was Penn

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no whiparound.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is this team a 5 seed, they have o be the dumbest team I have watched all year.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/17 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking pretty good for the shitty, over-rated P12 to have 5 teams in the sweet 16.

- Amanda Gorman
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/20/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAMU was better off losing to Penn. Jeeze they really struggled at the end of the year

tfan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does UCLA have starters in, up 33 with 1 minutes left. Why do these coaches do this? If I was a bench player I would slash the coach's tires after the game. And if I was an NCAA big wig I would put rules in penalizing teams that do this.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Looking pretty good for the shitty, over-rated P12 to have 5 teams in the sweet 16.

Isn't that old talk? The PAC-12 has been #1 in RPI for at least 2 years and had 2 teams in the Final Four last year.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Isn't that old talk? The PAC-12 has been #1 in RPI for at least 2 years and had 2 teams in the Final Four last year.

well, here on Rebbie's, there is a lot of talk continuously about how bad the P12 is, and how the RPI is wrong, that the teams only win because they get a lucky draw, etc... So no, I don't think it's old.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Myrtle gets confused--it's an age thing!! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Why does UCLA have starters in, up 33 with 1 minutes left. Why do these coaches do this? If I was a bench player I would slash the coach's tires after the game. And if I was an NCAA big wig I would put rules in penalizing teams that do this.

UCLA fans will have to check me on this, but I believe they've been short-handed due to injury.

(now with spelling variations)
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

UCLA fans will have to check me on this, but I believe they've been short-handed due to injury.

Coach Close wanted to bring Kornet, Korver and Williams off the floor for a curtain call in the final minute (tonight was the final game in Pauley for each of the three). The only way to do that was to sub starters (Canada, Burke, Hayes) in for them. Every other bench player was already on the floor... because of injuries, there was literally no other Bruin player available.

FWIW, Canada sat for the literally the *entire* 4th quarter, only coming in with 14 seconds left, so that the above 3 players could have that curtain call. And Monique Billings also sat for, again, the *entire* 4th quarter... she did not play a single second of the final frame.

So... question answered?

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Myrtle gets confused--it's an age thing!! Laughing

Myrtle was being sarcastic. Pac-12 fans do, indeed, still hear quite a bit about how the Pac-12 is overrated and terrible, and that the conference's #1 RPI is a result only of nefarious schedule manipulation techniques utilized by the Pac-12, exclusively.

Just last week linkster declared, unqualified and unprompted, that the Pac-12 will place exactly zero teams in the Elite Eight this year. Zero. Nobody asked linkster for his/her prediction, nobody challenged him/her to project the conference's Elite Eight production... he or she just has so clear and unimpeachable a knowledge of the Pac-12's weakness that he or she felt fit to favor the rest of us with his/her flat declaration of fact: there will be exactly zero Pac-12 teams in the Elite Eight.

And, I dunno, maybe linkster'll even prove to be correct in his/her projection. I guess we'll all see this coming weekend.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:
myrtle wrote:

well, here on Rebbie's, there is a lot of talk continuously about how bad the P12 is, and how the RPI is wrong, that the teams only win because they get a lucky draw, etc... So no, I don't think it's old.

No. It's not old.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the NCAA era, UCLAWBB has never gone to two consecutive Sweet 16s. Now they have.

In the NCAA era, UCLAWBB has never gone undefeated at home over the course of an entire season. Now they have.

Kudos to the Bruin players, coaches and staff for what they are building in Westwood.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

Coach Close wanted to bring Kornet, Korver and Williams off the floor for a curtain call in the final minute (tonight was the final game in Pauley for each of the three). The only way to do that was to sub starters (Canada, Burke, Hayes) in for them. Every other bench player was already on the floor... because of injuries, there was literally no other Bruin player available.

FWIW, Canada sat for the literally the *entire* 4th quarter, only coming in with 14 seconds left, so that the above 3 players could have that curtain call. And Monique Billings also sat for, again, the *entire* 4th quarter... she did not play a single second of the final frame.

So... question answered?

Ha, what a homer, you will stop at nothing to defend Close! Wink OK, so I was watching The Voice and just tuned in the UCLA game at around the 1:10 left mark. My bad.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/21/17 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
Queenie wrote:
tfan wrote:

So... question answered?

Ha, what a homer, you will stop at nothing to defend Close! Wink OK, so I was watching The Voice and just tuned in the UCLA game at around the 1:10 left mark. My bad.

No prob.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/21/17 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
In the NCAA era, UCLAWBB has never gone to two consecutive Sweet 16s. Now they have.

In the NCAA era, UCLAWBB has never gone undefeated at home over the course of an entire season. Now they have.

Kudos to the Bruin players, coaches and staff for what they are building in Westwood.

Heading into last season, UCLAWBB had reached to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament exactly 3 times in its entire history. It has now gone twice in a row.

Kudos again, Bruin players, coaches and staff.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 03/21/17 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA: 23 assists (on 30 made buckets), again 9 turnovers. And that's with Jordin playing just 27 minutes.

That's good, guys!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA always seemed to me to be the most talented- or had the most potential- of this year's PAC teams. Excellent PG, very talented center, and a 3 point shooter.

Looking forward to a great game Saturday.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 good articles in the local papers about the Bruins, which, anyone from here, knows is a rare, rare, rare moment in LA sports reporting. Even ABC news mentioned them.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-texas-am-20170320-story.html

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170320/bring-on-uconn-ucla-women-advance-to-sweet-16

PostPosted: 03/21/17 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 good articles in the local papers about the Bruins, which, anyone from here, knows is a rare, rare, rare moment in LA sports reporting. Even ABC news mentioned them.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-texas-am-20170320-story.html

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170320/bring-on-uconn-ucla-women-advance-to-sweet-16

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: