RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #8 Syracuse - 3/20/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
people are actually watching this game?

The way the Huskies play is mesmerizing

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its absurd ESPN is sticking with this game when UT-UL is so close. Unless you live in NY or CT they should move on, which is what the game maps show, "whip around coverage" outside of NY/CT for this game.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL, now they say they will show us the Tenn game AFTER UConn game is over. UConn is up 33. Just drop the whip around name if you never switch to other games. Showing 10 seconds of highlights ever quarter is not whip around.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Apparently mesmerized the person in charge of the whip around right to sleep.

Rolling Eyes

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/17 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
LOL, now they say they will show us the Tenn game AFTER UConn game is over. UConn is up 33. Just drop the whip around name if you never switch to other games. Showing 10 seconds of highlights ever quarter is not whip around.

The fact that we were FORCED to watch this goddam game in its entirety here in Virginia is proof that ESPN is actually CSPN when it comes to the women's NCAA. Whip around, my sainted Aunt Matilda!

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys need to get some better TV providers, I have been able to watch every and any game I wanted Wink

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We live in a rural area. The Man works at home and his livelihood depends on reliable internet connection. Satellite is not that. We have figured it every which way from Sunday and it is not economically sensible to do satellite for one and Comcast for the other.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well you are just not a true sports fan Wink Laughing

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watch every game on the computer -- four games at once. Watch ESPN or ESPN3 or whatever it's called.
MBR_CT33

PostPosted: 03/21/17 5:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you have Comcast or any other provider (as long as that provider has ESPN), you have the ability to get the WatchESPN app on any other devices you may have...ROKU, SmartTV, Tablet...etc...etc. so you can watch any game of your choice in full stream.

You stick to watching the basic ESPN, ESPN2 channels, you're at the mercy of watching what they want you to watch.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/17 6:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only thing I'll say about streaming is that ESPN3 has been having connection issues this tournament with some providers. During conference tournament time, it was great- we were wielding the app and the remote simultaneously to keep track of multiple games. But it's not as reliable as actual television.

(now with spelling variations)
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 8:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Durantula wrote:

The fact that we were FORCED to watch this goddam game in its entirety here in Virginia is proof that ESPN is actually CSPN when it comes to the women's NCAA. Whip around, my sainted Aunt Matilda!

Just remember, it ain't nohows permanent- UConn won't win forever.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MBR_CT33 wrote:
If you have Comcast or any other provider (as long as that provider has ESPN), you have the ability to get the WatchESPN app on any other devices you may have...ROKU, SmartTV, Tablet...etc...etc. so you can watch any game of your choice in full stream.

You stick to watching the basic ESPN, ESPN2 channels, you're at the mercy of watching what they want you to watch.

And there's the simple solution!

Buy a ROKU. I have the stick. It works very well. Plus, it has more peripheral WCB content such as highlights, interviews, etc., than what WATCHESPN gives me on the laptop. (At least, this other content is easier to find via ROKU).

Or buy an HDMI cable and connect your PC to the TV.

To bitch and moan while having both an ESPN TV provider AND a good internet connection is pointless. Unless of course the whole point is just to bitch and moan.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Cool

PostPosted: 03/21/17 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is about $$$$$$, which every media outlet is. If you want the tournament shown at all, then you have to take this sort of thing in stride, IMO. ESPN has to have something to latch on to for this thing to be profitable.

Casual fans(that they're trying to gain) aren't going to tune in to watch any game....but UCONN.

I understand the frustration.

As an addendum, might I interest any of you next year to visit your local Buffalo Wild Wings. We have the ability to show every women's tournament game in it's entirety. And believe me, at the one I'm the GM of, they were all on!

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/21/17 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I watch every game on the computer -- four games at once. Watch ESPN or ESPN3 or whatever it's called.

That takes talent.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That takes talent.

I have Apple TV. I tried this in the opening rounds and got such a headache, OMG. I guess I'm too old for that shit. Might have to do it next weekend though.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That takes talent.

No, it doesn't . . . though I recall your having trouble with it about three websites ago.

With the multiscreen launcher you can have four games on the screen at the same time, or enlarge any one you want (with another in a thumb nail screen), or watch one game while listening to another, or whip yourself around full screen to whichever game you want.

For UConn, the WatchESPN service also has the SNY games for replay after they are over.

With my laptop 15" from my face on a Laptop Laidback, it's the same effect as having a 15' screen on my wall.

Of course, my actual TV is so old that it has no computer inputs and I have to use binoculars to see anything on it.

There are very few TV shows, TV series or movies I watch that I can't get for free via computer without any special devices at all.
MBR_CT33

PostPosted: 03/21/17 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember the 4 screen on the PC, too bad they don't have same option on the ROKU...but that would require internet download speed.

By the looks of things some couldn't even get 1 screen to watch on a constant basis, with bad reception and all that.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/21/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That takes talent.

No, it doesn't . . . though I recall your having trouble with it about three websites ago.

With the multiscreen launcher you can have four games on the screen at the same time, or enlarge any one you want (with another in a thumb nail screen), or watch one game while listening to another, or whip yourself around full screen to whichever game you want.

For UConn, the WatchESPN service also has the SNY games for replay after they are over.

With my laptop 15" from my face on a Laptop Laidback, it's the same effect as having a 15' screen on my wall.

Of course, my actual TV is so old that it has no computer inputs and I have to use binoculars to see anything on it.

There are very few TV shows, TV series or movies I watch that I can't get for free via computer without any special devices at all.

you're right. no talent at all.

PostPosted: 03/23/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

That takes talent.

I have Apple TV. I tried this in the opening rounds and got such a headache, OMG. I guess I'm too old for that shit. Might have to do it next weekend though.

Whip-around is over now. On Friday, one of the 7:00 PM games is on ESPN and the other is on ESPN2. One of the 9:00 PM games is on ESPN and the other is on ESPN2.

On Saturday, all 4 games have their own separate time slot. 8 hours of basketball.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: