RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN Coverage Could Be Better
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm getting all three channels now.

No idea if it's DTV or ESPN that can't decide what they want to do.

Confused

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/19/17 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I'm getting all three channels now.

No idea if it's DTV or ESPN that can't decide what they want to do.

Confused

Same here...makes no sense.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are three other games going on now that I would rather watch than the one that I'm getting. Evil or Very Mad

Not getting the additional channels tonight.

Evil or Very Mad

Hate watching games on the computer. Evil or Very Mad

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
BamaEd

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this was supposed to be whip-around coverage? Why am I stuck watching a 30+ point blowout where there is a very close game featuring a nationally known name team? Or a 2 seed down by 15 at home the day after their 2nd seeded men's team lost? ESPN really needs to whip it around!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whip around? When I am forced to watch UConn blow someone out to the bitter end while there are better games going on at the SAME TIME? What???

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same thing goes for the second game window. Washington has this game well in hand, Plum reached her record. OK, how about you turn on the game where a 12 may be upsetting a 4 on their home floor? ESPN, it's not just stars, it's exciting games!

pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN is apparently dedicated to whatever Husky blowout they can show

PostPosted: 03/20/17 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In defense of not showing Quinnipiac-Miami, that feed was going through a lot of technical difficulties- audio cutting out, video cutting out, weird static, that horrible sound heralding a weather advisory, that sort of thing. If I don't know it's going to work, I'm not going to whip a national audience to it.

(now with spelling variations)
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/21/17 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just like the government, ESPN thinks they know what is best for us...

MBR_CT33

PostPosted: 03/21/17 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know why anyone would just stick with the primary ESPN family channels (and let ESPN dictate what you will watch), in this internet age (as a poster rightly mentioned).

Get yourself the WatchESPN app and whatever streaming devices you may have (ROKU, SmartTV, Tablet..etc..etc)...or perhaps may want to get for future. I personally have the ROKU attached to my TV, and I can select any of the games they are broadcasting, in this case streaming to device and to TV.

EDIT: and my provider is Sling TV. As long as a provider broadcasts ESPN, ESPN2 family channels you're able to also authenticate the WatchESPN app, and you can watch every game of your choosing not ESPN.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/21/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
In defense of not showing Quinnipiac-Miami, that feed was going through a lot of technical difficulties- audio cutting out, video cutting out, weird static, that horrible sound heralding a weather advisory, that sort of thing. If I don't know it's going to work, I'm not going to whip a national audience to it.

On Twitter someone said those announcers are off-site.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MBR_CT33 wrote:
Don't know why anyone would just stick with the primary ESPN family channels (and let ESPN dictate what you will watch), in this internet age (as a poster rightly mentioned).

Get yourself the WatchESPN app and whatever streaming devices you may have (ROKU, SmartTV, Tablet..etc..etc)...or perhaps may want to get for future. I personally have the ROKU attached to my TV, and I can select any of the games they are broadcasting, in this case streaming to device and to TV.

EDIT: and my provider is Sling TV. As long as a provider broadcasts ESPN, ESPN2 family channels you're able to also authenticate the WatchESPN app, and you can watch every game of your choosing not ESPN.

Look dammit, you don't have to get all superior. I HAVE WatchESPN, a laptop, and an iPad. However, the crappy reception makes it difficult to watch all 3. I also have a desktop, but it's in a different room from the TV. Or I could use my Apple TV and flip back and forth, but that gets pretty exhausting and you miss a lot when you do that. I did that during the first round and Rolling Eyes headache time. But not everyone is as fortunate as some of us.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MBR_CT33 wrote:

True, completely an option. I do have Roku and if all I was doing was watching women's basketball last night, a perfect option. However, I'm such a channel flipper haha. So it is tougher to go through all that. I just hated that ESPN touts "whiparound" coverage but mainly shows 1 specific game, and not even the closest game. That's what rankles me some Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/21/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I repeat myself. You city folk don't understand. Us country bumpkins can't get good internet, and don't get any cell phone coverage. QED. There are advantages to country life, but this ain't one of them.

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Queenie wrote:

On Twitter someone said those announcers are off-site.

I think I know the tweet you're talking about, and that was posted while the studio crew of Taylor, Lobo, and Lander was calling the game- they did that for stretches when the audio was out but the video was up. (And I rather enjoyed listening to Landers break the game down, FWIW.) Sorensen and Hildreth were definitely on site.

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: