Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/14/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Mercury sign Danielle McCray to a training camp contract

she's still trying to make a go at the WNBA. Hopefully she's rebounded from her injuries. Could be a nice addition to the Mercury.

Are you talking about her injuries from 2010? Surprised

Even when fully healthy, Danielle McCray was complete and utter garbage during her years with the Sun. She won't make the roster, and if she does, the GM needs to be fired immediately. I don't even understand why they'd give her another shot. Epic fail.

caune

PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Mercury sign Danielle McCray to a training camp contract

An illustration of exactly how desperate the Mercury are to pull a rabbit out of their hat on the wing.

Losing Bonner and Taylor in the same year (plus another year on Taurasi's ticking clock) is a hell of a hit to take all in one go.

Desperate is right :O

PostPosted: 03/16/17 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yet no sign of re-signing Bone. I have to wonder what kind of locker room problems she brings to the team & how bad of a teammate she might be. If Bone isn't brought back, George is the defacto back-up center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/17/17 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yet no sign of re-signing Bone. I have to wonder what kind of locker room problems she brings to the team & how bad of a teammate she might be. If Bone isn't brought back, George is the defacto back-up center.

General question, do offer sheets have to be publicly announced?

PostPosted: 03/17/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
toad455 wrote:

General question, do offer sheets have to be publicly announced?

No, there have been plenty over the years that only emerged when the sheet was matched or not. But the League has been a little better the last couple of years in letting people know than they were previously (like with the Krystal Thomas signing earlier this season).

The team only gets four days to match though, so it's not like we'd be waiting an age anyway.

PostPosted: 03/17/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, basically none of the other 11 teams have made an offer for Bone. I'm thinking she stays with Phoenix as they have no backup for Griner right now.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/17/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well no one's made an offer she liked enough to sign. Bit of a leap to say no one's offered anything at all.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

per their Twitter: The Phoenix Mercury have signed former second-round pick Katherine Plouffe to a training camp contract.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
per their Twitter: The Phoenix Mercury have signed former second-round pick Katherine Plouffe to a training camp contract.

Um, wasn't it the other Plouffe that was drafted? Think they got that wrong. Or signed the wrong one Smile.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle Plouffe was the 19th pick by Seattle in 2014

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/21/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know what pick the Mercury have for the draft but maybe they should consider Chantell Osahor. She would be a great post player to spell BG. She proves you don't have to be tall. She passes well, makes free throws and can shoot the 3. She leads in rebounds! Also. she is from Phoenix. Phoenix needs someone who can get them more rebounds!

Shades

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I don't know what pick the Mercury have for the draft but maybe they should consider Chantell Osahor. She would be a great post player to spell BG. She proves you don't have to be tall. She passes well, makes free throws and can shoot the 3. She leads in rebounds! Also. she is from Phoenix. Phoenix needs someone who can get them more rebounds!

According to wnba.com's draft board, PHX's first pick is #29, so have fun with that. Will PHX bother having a draft party?

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Um, wasn't it the other Plouffe that was drafted? Think they got that wrong. Or signed the wrong one Smile.

Hilarious! Penicheiro responded to Phoenix's tweet with the correction. I wonder if Ticha represents one or the other.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/21/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

According to wnba.com's draft board, PHX's first pick is #29, so have fun with that. Will PHX bother having a draft party?

That's more than enough for the Brigade to party

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

They haven;t bother with a draft party since Griner so even if we had a first rounder we, the brigade, would just be watching on TV with our adult beverages and snark!

PostPosted: 03/22/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Shades wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

They haven;t bother with a draft party since Griner so even if we had a first rounder we, the brigade, would just be watching on TV with our adult bevterages and snark!

True that. I think this is going to be a great drinking year for the brigade. It will take a lot of alcohol to watch the mess that will be Phoenix. Wink

PostPosted: 03/23/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
caune wrote:
Shades wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

They haven;t bother with a draft party since Griner so even if we had a first rounder we, the brigade, would just be watching on TV with our adult bevterages and snark!

True that. I think this is going to be a great drinking year for the brigade. It will take a lot of alcohol to watch the mess that will be Phoenix. Wink

But we will be getting Penny fashion! woo hoo

PostPosted: 03/23/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

What's Penny fashion? Will you guys be thrift shopping?
I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
This is.... awesome

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/24/17 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
caune wrote:

I'm gonna pop some tags
This is.... awesome

Probably means Penny Taylor will be there and she has a nice fashion style

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune

PostPosted: 03/24/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
caune wrote:

I'm gonna pop some tags
This is.... awesome

Probably means Penny Taylor will be there and she has a nice fashion style

Yes. I thought that would be pretty obvious Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Overseas Report: March 28

http://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-overseas-report-march-28/

Quote:
Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury

The seven-time EuroLeague champion is on her way to earning more hardware this spring. Playing alongside other WNBA stars at UMMC Ekaterinburg – including Kristi Toliver, Emma Meesseman and Mercury teammate Brittney Griner – Taurasi is leading the squad with 18.3 points per game and shooting 45 percent from downtown in EuroLeague action. Aiming to repeat as champions, UMMC Ekaterinburg is scheduled to face Fenerbahce in the semifinals in mid-April. In the Russian league, Taurasi’s team went 19-1 in the regular season and will commence its semifinal series next week.

Griner, Toliver and Meesseman have all played key roles in UMMC Ekaterinburg’s season. They are averaging 16.6, 10.4, and 9.1 points per game, respectively, in EuroLeague play.

Quote:
Sonja Petrovic, Phoenix Mercury

Another player thriving in the EuroLeague is Taurasi’s teammate in Phoenix, Sonja Petrovic, who is playing with ZVVZ USK Praha. With Petrovic pacing the team at 17 points per game, ZVVZ USK Praha has cruised to the semifinals and will now take on a Dynamo Kursk squad that features WNBA stars Angel McCoughtry and Nneka Ogwumike. ZVVZ USK Praha is also in the semifinals of the Czech league, which begin Wednesday. With the help of fellow WNBA players Kia Vaughn, Marta Xargay, and Candice Dupree, Petrovic guided ZVVZ USK Praha to a perfect 22-0 regular season.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/11/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing the Merc have a sign-and-trade ready for Bone, that's dependent on somebody falling into the other team's slot, maybe a 3 way to get a real normal Shooting Guard?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/11/17 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
I'm guessing the Merc have a sign-and-trade ready for Bone, that's dependent on somebody falling into the other team's slot, maybe a 3 way to get a real normal Shooting Guard?

I'm thinking Bone for #10. Dallas is thin in the post and has two earlier round picks to play with PX I'm sure could work with any of the following at #10 A. Prince, A. Jones, A. Peterson (that is a a lot of Alexises) Epps, Sykes, maybe even Copper, Jankoska or Romero could fit?)

mb1

PostPosted: 04/13/17 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.shatteredbackboard.com/2017/04/12/wnba-draft-busy-offseason-makes-dull-draft-phoenix%E2%80%A8%E2%80%A8/

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
mb1

PostPosted: 04/13/17 5:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 PHOENIX MERCURY PRE-TRAINING CAMP ROSTER:

PG: DANIELLE ROBINSON, LEILANI MITCHELL, Yvonne Turner

SG: DIANA TAURASI, ALEX HARDEN

SF: SHAY MURPHY, STEPHANIE TALBOT, Danielle McCray

PF: CAMILLE LITTLE, Emma Cannon, Katherine Plouffe

C: BRITNEY GRINER, CAYLA GEORGE, JILLIAN ALLEYNE

CAPITALIZED ARE LIKELY LOCKS

My guess is McCray is the first cut, and Plouffe or Cannon is the second cut.

Harding and Taylor retired. Bass and Bonner are pregnant.

Xargay will play for her national team this summer, and take the season off.

Petrovic may do the same. Bone may also sit the season out.

Arizona State player Sophie Bruner could be a candidate for our 3rd round pick.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: