RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Louisville vs #5 Tennessee - 3/20/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linkster

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

- Louisville scores a classless basket when they could have run out the clock that covers the line. Gamblers would be screaming fix.

- If there is one thing that these first 2 rounds have proven is that the overall officiating in wcbb sucks.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

So do Diamond and Mercedes go pro? Can UT turn the page with this freshman class? Will they maybe bring some of the intangibles that the seniors may have lacked? Plus UT returns T'ea Cooper from a redshirt and a JUCO PF who got hurt. More depth, more competition in practice, can this lead to better things?

I can't remember. How long do they have to declare for the draft. 24 hours? 48 hours?

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
- Louisville scores a classless basket when they could have run out the clock that covers the line. Gamblers would be screaming fix.

yeah, that was classless.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did CHW tell them not to foul?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Durantula wrote:

So do Diamond and Mercedes go pro? Can UT turn the page with this freshman class? Will they maybe bring some of the intangibles that the seniors may have lacked? Plus UT returns T'ea Cooper from a redshirt and a JUCO PF who got hurt. More depth, more competition in practice, can this lead to better things?

I can't remember. How long do they have to declare for the draft. 24 hours? 48 hours?

April 3

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I think/hope Davis and Green will make some solid contributions, but I think next year is likely to be a rebuilding year with all the new players.

Don't they declare for the draft within 24 hrs after the FF? Color me clueless on this.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 03/20/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was nervous with this one. Tenn has played well in big games all season long, while Louisville has not. But glad Louisville won. Good to see Shook playing so well. Very good to see Moore able to find her shot again, hope she was just having leg cramps and nothing more serious. Great to see Jackson back in the lineup even though she was having trouble with Tenn's press, she adds a lot of energy to that team.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/20/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does it really matter who's stays or goes ? As long as Holly's the HC,the lady vols will continue to have early exits in the ncaa tournament.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/20/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've cried out every week since Warlick was gifted by Summit with the Tennessee Head Coaching job that she should be fired or, more nicely, "let go.". I understand Warlick was a great friend and loyal assistant to Summit but there comes a time to end it. When will Tennessee understand that she's not the person for the job.

Come on Tennessee, its unfair to the current players and the incoming recruits to keep Warlick on. If Warlick won't jump herself, then do what needs to be done - push her!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
I've cried out every week since Warlick was gifted by Summit with the Tennessee Head Coaching job that she should be fired or, more nicely, "let go.". I understand Warlick was a great friend and loyal assistant to Summit but there comes a time to end it. When will Tennessee understand that she's not the person for the job.

Come on Tennessee, its unfair to the current players and the incoming recruits to keep Warlick on. If Warlick won't jump herself, then do what needs to be done - push her!

I note your favorite teams in your sig line. Since Tennessee isn't one of them, maybe it's none of your business after all. Holly has made 3 E8s and a Sweet 16 in 5 years, which is not exactly dog meat. Pat did not do that well in her last 5. Go look at the record books. This was an ungodly bad and weird year. If you aren't a REAL Tennessee fan then go sit down. I still am, despite my Duke Dog, who is only there because rebkell won't let me sport dual avatars, and I always will be.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's quite a few "fake" Tennessee fans over at the Vol Nation want Holly to get fired. Yes, Holly has an went to 3 E8s and a S16, but she also has lost 26 games in two years with her own players.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/21/17 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, there are a lot of FAKE Tennessee fans over at VolNation. We call them "the fans on the hill". They're never happy about ANYTHING. They even whine when there's a NC because *something* isn't to their liking. Some folks would complain if you hung 'em with a new rope.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I note your favorite teams in your sig line. Since Tennessee isn't one of them, maybe it's none of your business after all. Holly has made 3 E8s and a Sweet 16 in 5 years, which is not exactly dog meat. Pat did not do that well in her last 5. Go look at the record books. This was an ungodly bad and weird year. If you aren't a REAL Tennessee fan then go sit down. I still am, despite my Duke Dog, who is only there because rebkell won't let me sport dual avatars, and I always will be.

Actually, she did do that well in her last five. She won a national championship with two Elite Eights and a Sweet Sixteen.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 03/21/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next year, the excuse will be "They're young." After that it will be "The players suck and were all overrated coming out of high school. No heart, no desire, etc." I've seen this movie over and over again.

ewecon

PostPosted: 03/21/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercedes Russell is one of the laziest players I've seen. She plays like she could absolutely care less. Highly overrated, except to those wearing orange.... but those are the same people that think Diamond DeShields is one of the top 10 players in the country.... which, of course, she's not.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imo, the only thing HW has over PS is that she hasn't lost in Rd 1.

But I'm not in the locker room so my POV can't possibly be valid or accurate.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

FIX! Laughing

In addition to that basket was the bs flagrant 1 call and later a foul called on Russell which should have been a charge on Durr.

Oh well. THat's how the tickled duck squirts.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ewecon wrote:
Mercedes Russell is one of the laziest players I've seen. She plays like she could absolutely care less. Highly overrated, except to those wearing orange.... but those are the same people that think Diamond DeShields is one of the top 10 players in the country.... which, of course, she's not.

She's not lazy.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/21/17 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Russell is lazy, but she is slow, not very tough, and doesn't act very passionate most of the time, so she appears lazy. However, there are other players who do merit the term lazy.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/21/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Wow your a hateful little thing aren't you. RavenDog should mind his own business, if your not a real Tennessee fan then go sit down. Somebody needs to be bitch slapped back to Knoxville. It is EVERYONE's business because we are all women's basketball fans here. Who the hell are you to tell people to mind their own business and to basically sit down and shut up. You REALLY need to check your attitude at Rebkell's front door and grow up. Seriously. If YOU were a REAL Tennessee fan, then put your avatar back to a Tennessee logo, otherwise mind your own business and go sit in the corner.

justinabina

PostPosted: 03/21/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Wow your a hateful little thing aren't you. RavenDog should mind his own business, if your not a real Tennessee fan then go sit down. Somebody needs to be bitch slapped back to Knoxville. It is EVERYONE's business because we are all women's basketball fans here. Who the hell are you to tell people to mind their own business and to basically sit down and shut up. You REALLY need to check your attitude at Rebkell's front door and grow up. Seriously. If YOU were a REAL Tennessee fan, then put your avatar back to a Tennessee logo, otherwise mind your own business and go sit in the corner.

One thing I've learned from teaching is that I have to model the kind of behaviour I hope to see in my students - I have to be the kind of person I'd like them to be. If I want them to be patient, considerate and kind, I need to be patient considerate and kind. (Something else I've learned from being in schools: the grown-ups in the building are sometimes less well-behaved than the kids.)

We're all basketball fans, and we're privileged to have the time to devote to following the sport. Life is so short - and so enjoyable when you're kind to others and willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Ignore the sillier complaints and bitching, or respond with kindness. Kindness is a dopamine hit, I swear!

Re: the comments from RavenDog and summertime blues: I don't think it's a problem to criticize the coach of the team you love. It can be irritating for other fans to hear those complaints, but it's worth listening to the concerns underneath the complaint. As they say, dissent is patriotic.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/21/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I were a fan of a Tennessee rival, I would want them to keep Warlick as long as possible

PostPosted: 03/21/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

You are just the PERFECT person to talk about hateful. You and your ugly avatar.

I've already explained why I changed mine and why I don't have a dual one---because rebkell won't let us have two and I'm not techie enough to figure it out. Now drop it. To paraphrase pilight, you of all people shouldn't care if Holly stays.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
To paraphrase pilight, you of all people shouldn't care if Holly stays.

I was saying that how much you care about Warlick staying as head coach should be inversely correlated with how much you like Tennessee.

PostPosted: 03/21/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
To paraphrase pilight, you of all people shouldn't care if Holly stays.

I was saying that how much you care about Warlick staying as head coach should be inversely correlated with how much you like Tennessee.

I know. I kind of paraphrased that, since I know he doesn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: