RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Texas vs #6 North Carolina St - 3/19/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilson was hoping for the "but she's a big girl" call

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=18952850&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got a call from a good friend, if he is right, he said that those refs are used by USA basketball and paid for court games, and Carey knows them very well.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terrible officiating the whole game.

NC State had a great season. But it will take a long time for the players to appreciate that because of the horrendous calls.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
There were so many bad calls in this game. I thought the offensive foul called on Williams was an incredible flop. McCarty threw herself out of bounds and Williams clearly didn't cause it. Then later McCarty hooks Spencer and fakes another time and gets Mia out of the game with her 5th foul. Just sad.

I have seen McCarty hook players before and it works everytime. The only reason the ref's didn't see it was because they didn't want to. NCST would most likely have won the game had it not been for bad calls from the ref's.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Lobo and Landers are both slamming that game-changing call on Holme's flop.

Yeah, once again ESPN sides with teams in conferences they have a deal with. Landers is right, the contact was undeniable. Whether or not Holmes fell is irrelevant. It's a foul. Case closed.

ESPN OWNS the Longhorn Network.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Oh the ultimate srewjob. They just couldn't allow NCSt to win

Outrageous.

come on art, how easy does ND have to it this year?

it was a charge. pretty obvious.

and yes, to sell it further, Holmes did an ND flop.

Actually it wasn't. I've gone back and looked at it. She actually pulled up. It was a flop.

A player can't jump into another player. Pretty simple.

Didn't happen, but other than that you'd be right.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NC State didn't help themselves with only 4 assists.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/19/17 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Yeah, once again ESPN sides with teams in conferences they have a deal with. Landers is right, the contact was undeniable. Whether or not Holmes fell is irrelevant. It's a foul. Case closed.

They own the ACC Network and SEC Network too, do so I doubt that matters much here.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/19/17 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good game. NCS lost it with undisciplined play at the end. Plus, with only four assists (four!!!), I'm not sure how their offense managed to stay ahead so long.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/19/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Oh the ultimate srewjob. They just couldn't allow NCSt to win

Outrageous.

come on art, how easy does ND have to it this year?

it was a charge. pretty obvious.

and yes, to sell it further, Holmes did an ND flop.

Actually it wasn't. I've gone back and looked at it. She actually pulled up. It was a flop.

A player can't jump into another player. Pretty simple.

Didn't happen, but other than that you'd be right.

Oh the irony of an ND fan complaining of a flop.[/u]

PostPosted: 03/19/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course, I'm happy the Lady Longhorns came out on top. However, I agree that the officiating was absolutely horrible with over 50+ foul calls.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/19/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
After the flagrant call that wasn't and the review that shouldn't have been reviewed, NCSt has no complaint.

Sorry but when you make contact with the face it is a flagrant whether you like it or not, especially the way she went after the player. I have no dog in this fight but these refs were the most biased I have seen all tournament.

I have no dog either. I've seen three instances this year where UConn players have been hit in the face and throat, and a couple where UConn players have hit others in the face and no flagrant was called in any of them. The rule states that the offending player must not have been making a play for the ball and in this game it was clear that the defender was trying to block the shot. I agree it was a hard foul but under the rule it shouldn't have been a flagrant.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/19/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Good game. NCS lost it with undisciplined play at the end. Plus, with only four assists (four!!!), I'm not sure how their offense managed to stay ahead so long.

Texas are not the sharpest tools in the shed as far as scouting goes Laughing

linkster

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

The U of Texas owns the Longhorn Network. They contract with ESPN to stream some of the games like SNY does with ESPN for the UConn stream. This is unlike the SEC Network which is it's own cable station and the ACC which I believe will also have it's own cable channel.

The fact of whether it was a charge is clear. The controversy is over whether it should be called in the last seconds. And I'd say the reason it was called was because it wasn't called at the end of the Miami-FGC game, and that ESPN led off it's recap of that game by saying that there was a foul.

Myself, I believe that the same rules apply in the last 5 seconds.

loneycafe

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

The undisciplined play at the end was because their starting point guard had fouled out on a bad call and their best post player fouled out on 2 weak calls against her.

And regarding the assists: they ran the offense that was working against a bigger team. They were taking advantage of all the fouls being called, too. Their best post player also played limited minutes because of foul trouble. She had 12 points in 15 minutes, I believe.

NC State did not lose this game; it was taken from them.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:
After the flagrant call that wasn't and the review that shouldn't have been reviewed, NCSt has no complaint.

Sorry but when you make contact with the face it is a flagrant whether you like it or not, especially the way she went after the player. I have no dog in this fight but these refs were the most biased I have seen all tournament.

I have no dog either. I've seen three instances this year where UConn players have been hit in the face and throat, and a couple where UConn players have hit others in the face and no flagrant was called in any of them. The rule states that the offending player must not have been making a play for the ball and in this game it was clear that the defender was trying to block the shot. I agree it was a hard foul but under the rule it shouldn't have been a flagrant.

Can you please point out where any rule says any such thing?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NM. Not worth it

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 03/19/17 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
linkster

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:

I'm repeating what was put on the TV screen at the time. Go replay it and then tell me I'm wrong.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

loneycafe wrote:

And regarding the assists: they ran the offense that was working against a bigger team. They were taking advantage of all the fouls being called, too. Their best post player also played limited minutes because of foul trouble. She had 12 points in 15 minutes, I believe.

NC State did not lose this game; it was taken from them.

Fouls work both ways.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
linkster wrote:

I'm repeating what was put on the TV screen at the time. Go replay it and then tell me I'm wrong.

No, you say the rules say something, show us where. The rules are right online. Go look it up.

And yes, you're wrong.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/19/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. You Texas haters are a Hot Mess!! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing And could we bitch a little more about the refs? Now, I didn't get to see the game, but the BOX SCORE don't lie: NC State was called for 27 fouls to Texas' 25. ANDD....they shot 29 FT attempts, to Texas' 23. Shocked Little bias here, maybe?? Laughing

Yeah, it's always tough to lose these tight ones on a big stage, and NC State proved they're contenders, but IFF the bad reffing was a factor in fouls, then it def went BOTH ways. And Jamie Carey had nothing to do with it. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Laughing Laughing And could we bitch a little more about the refs? Now, I didn't get to see the game, but the BOX SCORE don't lie: NC State was called for 27 fouls to Texas' 25. ANDD....they shot 29 FT attempts, to Texas' 23. Shocked Little bias here, maybe?? Laughing

Yeah, it's always tough to lose these tight ones on a big stage, and NC State proved they're contenders, but IFF the bad reffing was a factor in fouls, then it def went BOTH ways. And Jamie Carey had nothing to do with it. Laughing Laughing

How would you know if the box score is lying or not if you didn't watch the game? The fouls and FT shots don't have to be equal for a fair game to be called. I have no interest in either team but NC State was hosed IMO.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
Howee wrote:

How would you know if the box score is lying or not if you didn't watch the game? The fouls and FT shots don't have to be equal for a fair game to be called. I have no interest in either team but NC State was hosed IMO.

Well, I'll humor you. If the refs called 27 fouls on NC State, and 25 on Texas, that's considered 'even'. And NC State shot 29 Free throws, to 23 for Texas. That's a fact. Texas did NOT have an advantage in free throws. So....exactly what WAS their advantage from the bad refs?

Now, IFFF the fouls were imaginary, nonexistent, etc., that might determine if the refs made "good" calls, or "bad" ones, but it's still an even impact on the game, cuz the numbers are equal/close to equal. Same thing with turnovers: maybe the refs got it wrong, when they said it's out of bounds off this player, not that player, or called a travel when it wasn't. BUT AGAIN: numbers are facts. NC State: 14 TOs, Texas: 11 TOs. Pretty even.

Mind you, I never said the refs were GOOD. Whatever they were, they were pretty 'even', so claiming the refs gave Texas an advantage might not be accurate.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karen Aston is one of WCBB's more emotionally restrained coaches. It did my heart good to see her celebrating with fists raised, then slapping hands with Jamie Carey. (@22)

https://twitter.com/WBBDaily/status/843629697762234369

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She passing a couple of 20s to her for her friendship with the refs Wink Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: