RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#1 South Carolina vs #8 Arizona St - 3/19/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4499



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hell of a game by Arizona State. Gray's injury looked pretty bad, I'd be surprised if she plays next week. SC only played 7 players period so if Gray can't go, you start Cliney, and then the only bench player you have is Herbert-Harrigan.


Stonington_QB



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 155
Location: Your safe space


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, these lower seeds in both the men's and women's NCAA tournaments really know how to choke it up in crunch time this year don't they?




Last edited by Stonington_QB on 03/19/17 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 13450



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ASU played terrible in the final 30 seconds. The problem with having a freshman PG out there.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 4827



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang, I was watching the ESPN2 game and didn't know this one was on until they showed ASU up in the first half. I would have preferred to hear about it later rather than turn it on with ASU up and watch them lose it.


braveniler58



Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 10530
Location: Arizona


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Crying or Very sad



_________________
GO University of Connecticut Huskies, Arizona State University Sun Devils, University of Arizona Wildcats, Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury (2007 WNBA CHAMPIONS), and the New England Patriots!
mikeyc22



Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 2211
Location: Connecticut


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort from ASU. The technical ended up costing 5 points which was the game.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 19930



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
bballgrl



Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Posts: 2947



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad this one is over, Arizona St put up a good fight and I thought for sure they were going to win it. WHEW! I am glad SC pulled it out but it sure was tight. Those 2 points for Thorn made the difference but she did earn it.

I sure hope Gray isn't hurt to badly.

Congrats Gamecocks.


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4499



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.


They have some backup posts who are young but they could be more guard oriented next year. UConn transfer Courtney Ekmark will be eligible next season so that could be helpful.

They signed a 6'5 center for next year but I don't see her among ESPN's top 100.


IM in OC



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 705
Location: Orange County, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.


They have some backup posts who are young but they could be more guard oriented next year. UConn transfer Courtney Ekmark will be eligible next season so that could be helpful.

They signed a 6'5 center for next year but I don't see her among ESPN's top 100.


They bring in a 6'5" post, Eva Rubin, from Illinois. She had an ESPN 3 star ranking and a 90 Grade. Considering how CTT molded Dornstauder and before that Joy Burke into roles players, I am sure she will fit their mold and be ok. They also bring in a 6'0" forward from a very strong team, Clovis West, out of Fresno. Her name is Breyanna Sanders. You never know if she possibly goes out and gets a juco big. Every time I see players graduate and think ASU will be weak, they find a way to do well.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 10546
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game.


I gotta say, CTT certainly made her case for deserving a higher seed. Both this game and their last one, I was very impressed. USC def missing Coates.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners!

<--Maddie Manning, Sooner Extraordinaire
sigur3



Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 5341
Location: Chicago-ish


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/20/17 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Durantula wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.


They have some backup posts who are young but they could be more guard oriented next year. UConn transfer Courtney Ekmark will be eligible next season so that could be helpful.

They signed a 6'5 center for next year but I don't see her among ESPN's top 100.


They bring in a 6'5" post, Eva Rubin, from Illinois. She had an ESPN 3 star ranking and a 90 Grade.


Saw her play this past winter and didn't think much of her. She's tall but that's about it.



_________________
chicago sky tankwagon 2017
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin