RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 South Carolina vs #8 Arizona St - 3/19/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hell of a game by Arizona State. Gray's injury looked pretty bad, I'd be surprised if she plays next week. SC only played 7 players period so if Gray can't go, you start Cliney, and then the only bench player you have is Herbert-Harrigan.

Stonington_QB

Boy, these lower seeds in both the men's and women's NCAA tournaments really know how to choke it up in crunch time this year don't they?

Last edited by Stonington_QB on 03/19/17 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

ASU played terrible in the final 30 seconds. The problem with having a freshman PG out there.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang, I was watching the ESPN2 game and didn't know this one was on until they showed ASU up in the first half. I would have preferred to hear about it later rather than turn it on with ASU up and watch them lose it.

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort from ASU. The technical ended up costing 5 points which was the game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad this one is over, Arizona St put up a good fight and I thought for sure they were going to win it. WHEW! I am glad SC pulled it out but it sure was tight. Those 2 points for Thorn made the difference but she did earn it.

I sure hope Gray isn't hurt to badly.

Congrats Gamecocks.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/19/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game. Don't know about her recruits, but it looks like Charli is going to have a severe shortage of bigs next year.

They have some backup posts who are young but they could be more guard oriented next year. UConn transfer Courtney Ekmark will be eligible next season so that could be helpful.

They signed a 6'5 center for next year but I don't see her among ESPN's top 100.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They have some backup posts who are young but they could be more guard oriented next year. UConn transfer Courtney Ekmark will be eligible next season so that could be helpful.

They signed a 6'5 center for next year but I don't see her among ESPN's top 100.

They bring in a 6'5" post, Eva Rubin, from Illinois. She had an ESPN 3 star ranking and a 90 Grade. Considering how CTT molded Dornstauder and before that Joy Burke into roles players, I am sure she will fit their mold and be ok. They also bring in a 6'0" forward from a very strong team, Clovis West, out of Fresno. Her name is Breyanna Sanders. You never know if she possibly goes out and gets a juco big. Every time I see players graduate and think ASU will be weak, they find a way to do well.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Great effort and at least we had an interesting game.

I gotta say, CTT certainly made her case for deserving a higher seed. Both this game and their last one, I was very impressed. USC def missing Coates.

PostPosted: 03/20/17 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IM in OC wrote:
Durantula wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They bring in a 6'5" post, Eva Rubin, from Illinois. She had an ESPN 3 star ranking and a 90 Grade.

Saw her play this past winter and didn't think much of her. She's tall but that's about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: