RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#8 Syracuse vs #9 Iowa St - 3/18/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/17 9:48 pm    ::: #8 Syracuse vs #9 Iowa St - 3/18/17 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament First Round
Storrs, CT - 1:30 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Eric Frede & Dan Hughes)

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/

Audio:
http://cuse.com/watch/?Live=3711 (free)

http://www.cyclones.com/watch/?Live=1255&type=Live (sub)

Live stats:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-women/d1/2017/03/18/iowa-st-syracuse

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/18/17 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's the Cooper 3 point show right now for Syracuse... and they are going in.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish Cuse was in another region, they would have put a real scare in some of the other 1 seeds. Just don't see that happening vs. UConn.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby Cooper shoots 26% from 3 and is 5-8 from 3 with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter, go figure. ISU has to come out of the zone, they can't read the players in the corners shooting 3s.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

25-6 Syracuse with 3 minutes left in the 1st.

Gabby Cooper 15, ISU 6.

kool-aide

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

30 -8 Cuse.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, I got this one right.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Syracuse has a bigger lead at the end of one quarter than UConn did

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Gabby Cooper shoots 26% from 3 and is 5-8 from 3 with 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter, go figure. ISU has to come out of the zone, they can't read the players in the corners shooting 3s.

What was that we discussed about variance? : )

I think the tempo is upsetting ISU as well. Not enough ball handling or physicality

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I guess my 2nd rd. apprehension was warranted.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa State actually won the 2nd quarter by 4 and held Syracuse to 12 points. That first quarter 33-8 hole is just way too much to overcome. Have to wonder in terms of momentum if the 2nd quarter performance was the one to start the game, ISU's confidence wouldn't have been shot and maybe the game would be competitive throughout.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/18/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa State is +3 in the 3rd quarter, 14-11, but still down 18 with 3:37 left in the 3rd.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/18/17 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Well, I guess my 2nd rd. apprehension was warranted.

I think Cuse got screwed with their placement (as did UConn), but the Orange are a different team on the road than at home. While they did very well today in a neutral game, they play a true road game on Monday.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/18/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
I wish Cuse was in another region, they would have put a real scare in some of the other 1 seeds. Just don't see that happening vs. UConn.

I agree. Cuse is tough, and their style is somewhat uncommon. Always scary when playing a team that shoots well from 3.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ya, I didn't really think THIS one would be too close, but this was even more ridiculous than anticipated. Just proof, imo, that Orange were waay under-seeded. Make this a 5/12 matchup, and it's more sensible.

PostPosted: 03/19/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have started to get the sense that the 8/9 games are the throwaway match-ups. The committee goes, "Well, shit, we know we're putting these teams in the field, but we don't know how to seed them. Fuck it. Let's put 'em on the 8/9 line, and after they Thunderdome each other, the #1s will clean up the mess and we can forget they ever existed."

(now with spelling variations)
Durantula

PostPosted: 03/19/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I have started to get the sense that the 8/9 games are the throwaway match-ups. The committee goes, "Well, shit, we know we're putting these teams in the field, but we don't know how to seed them. Fuck it. Let's put 'em on the 8/9 line, and after they Thunderdome each other, the #1s will clean up the mess and we can forget they ever existed."

Didn't two 8/9 seeds make the Final 4 last year? I think there is some more parity its just the UConn's of the world will smash Syracuse. I think Cuse matches up very well with South Carolina. Beat them last year and I think they could give them a scare if they were in the Spokane region this year.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/19/17 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Didn't two 8/9 seeds make the Final 4 last year? I think there is some more parity its just the UConn's of the world will smash Syracuse. I think Cuse matches up very well with South Carolina. Beat them last year and I think they could give them a scare if they were in the Spokane region this year.

No, it was a #1, a #2, a #4, and a #7 last year. All four #8s lost in the first round, all four #9s lost in the second.

PostPosted: 03/19/17 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Queenie wrote:

No, it was a #1, a #2, a #4, and a #7 last year. All four #8s lost in the first round, all four #9s lost in the second.

Oops, thanks for correcting me. I recall it was a big deal a bunch of #1's didn't make it, but forgot the seeding of the teams.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/19/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

If I was into that conspiracy, that could explain why Cal and Oregon swapped their seeds. Let Cal prove they are worthy enough of just being in by beating a lowly #8 seed then let them get slaughtered by Baylor, while let the better Oregon team be in position to perhaps upset a 2-seed if they win next round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: