RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

#5 Texas A&M vs #12 Pennsylvania - 3/18/17
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49472



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:18 pm    ::: #5 Texas A&M vs #12 Pennsylvania - 3/18/17 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament First Round
Los Angeles, CA - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2 (Sam Gore & Julianne Viani)

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index/_/id/2972565/ncaa-womens-basketball-championship-presented-by-capital-one

Live stats:
http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard

http://www.ncaa.com/game/basketball-women/d1/2017/03/18/penn-texas-am



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 03/18/17 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excited to see my alma mater at Pauley. GO QUAKERS!!!


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10963
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

brains over brawn so far...



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10963
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAMU exhibiting classic SEC shooting touch...



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
brains over brawn so far...


The tiny Penn contingent (including yours truly) are being much louder than the A&M fans.

Penn started out shooting well but have cooled down a bit. I can see A&M pressuring. Surprisingly, the Penn defense is better than I expected.


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10963
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TAMU shooting a staggering 15%; 3-20



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 588



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
TAMU shooting a staggering 15%; 3-20


Selcom wanted to give UCLA, Maryland, and Duke virtual byes to Bridgeport.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
TAMU shooting a staggering 15%; 3-20


The Penn defense is making TAMU take tougher contested shots. They've done a good job of denying entry passes and have played a lot of zone. Despite their size, Penn guards are applying a lot of pressure. McLaughlin clearly has done a good scout but I expect the Aggies to make a run.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11240
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
The tiny Penn contingent (including yours truly) are being much louder than the A&M fans.


I THOUGHT I saw you there, Daniel.... yer the guy that took their shirt off and twirled over your head, right?? (nice tats!) Go Quackers! Razz

Gary Blair looks flummoxed!



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4887
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aTm is another team that should probaby not have been in this thing at all...along with Auburn. I'm fond of Gary Blair, but this was not his best group. Surely the committee could have done better, but they must always choose the P5 over a better mid-major.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
The tiny Penn contingent (including yours truly) are being much louder than the A&M fans.


I THOUGHT I saw you there, Daniel.... yer the guy that took their shirt off and twirled over your head, right?? (nice tats!) Go Quackers! Razz

Gary Blair looks flummoxed!


That was close but not me Cool . I'm sitting a few rows behind Jenny Huth.

I'm pretty shocked at what's happening. Penn has two good post players and a strong wing player, but A&M just looks bigger and stronger. The much smaller Penn guards have been holding their own.




Last edited by fancy_daniel on 03/18/17 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17686



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On paper this will be a big upset, but pretty much everyone knows A&M we're seeded way too high.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 4535



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Impressive showing by Penn. Can they give UCLA a battle, or will Billings, Canada and co. be too much?


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Impressive showing by Penn. Can they give UCLA a battle, or will Billings, Canada and co. be too much?


I wouldn't speak too soon. TAMU IS now pressuring in the backcort and has cause some turnovers. They have the size,to block the Penn players view. We'll see if they can handle the pressure.


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Impressive showing by Penn. Can they give UCLA a battle, or will Billings, Canada and co. be too much?


My mid-major upset dreams have been crashed too many times these past 2 days to assume this one is over...


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3603



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Impressive showing by Penn. Can they give UCLA a battle, or will Billings, Canada and co. be too much?


I wouldn't speak too soon. TAMU IS now pressuring in the backcort and has cause some turnovers. They have the size,to block the Penn players view. We'll see if they can handle the pressure.

I don't think that the pressure is getting to Penn, but it is speeding them up. They have gotten a bunch of great looks after breaking the press and took good shots (that they mostly missed) but the shots were quick. I don't like the idea of trying to shorten the game and taking worse shots, but if they don't get a great shot after they break the press, they should let a little time tick off.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Surely the committee could have done better, but they must always choose the P5 over a better mid-major.


Who do you think got left out? Who are those "better" mid majors?

As far as I can tell, all the mid majors other than Quinnipiac are gone after one game. Even the good ones like Green Bay and Drake and Gonzaga and Chatanooga. Marquette is gone, Dayton is gone, USF and Temple are gone.

It looks round 2 will be two big East teams, one Ivy, Quinnipiac, Uconn, and 27 P5 teams, so is recognizing the general superiority of those teams really unreasonable?


Fighting Artichoke



Joined: 12 Dec 2012
Posts: 3603



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Surely the committee could have done better, but they must always choose the P5 over a better mid-major.


Who do you think got left out? Who are those "better" mid majors?

As far as I can tell, all the mid majors other than Quinnipiac are gone after one game. Even the good ones like Green Bay and Drake and Gonzaga and Chatanooga. Marquette is gone, Dayton is gone, USF and Temple are gone.

It looks round 2 will be two big East teams, one Ivy, Quinnipiac, Uconn, and 27 P5 teams, so is recognizing the general superiority of those teams really unreasonable?


I agree with Art. The tourney results thus far do not suggest that that mid-majors were underrepresented among the at-large bids.


fancy_daniel



Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 4302
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
Durantula wrote:
Impressive showing by Penn. Can they give UCLA a battle, or will Billings, Canada and co. be too much?


I wouldn't speak too soon. TAMU IS now pressuring in the backcort and has cause some turnovers. They have the size,to block the Penn players view. We'll see if they can handle the pressure.

I don't think that the pressure is getting to Penn, but it is speeding them up. They have gotten a bunch of great looks after breaking the press and took good shots (that they mostly missed) but the shots were quick. I don't like the idea of trying to shorten the game and taking worse shots, but if they don't get a great shot after they break the press, they should let a little time tick off.


Good,point. TAMU IS being extremely physical so that is also forcing them into tight shots. I think this will be close.


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8371
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hold on, Penn!


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

18-1 run. smh


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10963
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what a bomb!



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
acsuc99



Joined: 10 Jul 2013
Posts: 588



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a gag job!


dinkytown



Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 2405



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lololol grab the damn ball!


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12914



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a screw job by the officials.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin