RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Tennessee vs #12 Dayton - 3/18/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Deshields yelling at her teammate after committing that foul and her teammate rolling her eyes. Great chemistry

I'm glad the Sun won't be drafting DeShields. She's on OK player with a shitty attitude. The eye rolling says it all. Her teammates hate her. Good luck San Antonio Stars LOL

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Deshields yelling at her teammate after committing that foul and her teammate rolling her eyes. Great chemistry

Seeing as how you don't know what was said, that was a great ASSumption. Rolling Eyes

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

Seeing as how you don't know what was said, that was a great ASSumption. Rolling Eyes

Do you really think DD is a great chemistry teammate?

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That pretty much looks like the end for Dayton.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
zune69

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't understand the hate Diamond gets....

Diamond despite having superior offensive talent compared to her teammates plays unselfish basketball.Not only does she play within the offense,but she does a excellent job of passing the ball to her teammates.She's also a very good defender.I understand Diamond's arrogant cocky behavior during her freshman year at UNC left a bad taste in peoples mouths,but that was 3 years ago.she's clearly toned it down and has grown as a person.

Last edited by zune69 on 03/18/17 5:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

She was yelling at her for the pass she was trying to make that led to the turnover. Quite easy to figure out

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought Dayton was a smart scout team or was that the old coach. Gotta take DDs right away.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

What I think is that you people are clueless. You WANT to make her the problem, so of course she is. You interpret everything you see according to that. But I'm not in the locker room or on the floor and neither are you, and neither of us is a member of the Tennessee team. So I am not answering your stupid question.

What I do know is that I have been a team mom on a team of young women and I have seen this particular interaction---and it hasn't been personal at all. It's been a comment on the OTHER TEAM. So maybe you should take your assumption and fold it five ways...and I'll leave the rest to you.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I understand Diamond's arrogant cocky behavior during her freshman year at UNC left a bad taste in peoples mouths.But that was 3 years ago.she's clearly toned it down and has grown as a person.

Has she? Did you see that recent "I'm smarter than everyone else" "unicorn" interview she gave recently? That didn't look very "grown" to me.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

What I think is that you people are clueless. You WANT to make her the problem, so of course she is. You interpret everything you see according to that. But I'm not in the locker room or on the floor and neither are you, and neither of us is a member of the Tennessee team. So I am not answering your stupid question.

What I do know is that I have been a team mom on a team of young women and I have seen this particular interaction---and it hasn't been personal at all. It's been a comment on the OTHER TEAM. So maybe you should take your assumption and fold it five ways...and I'll leave the rest to you.

Typical.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

I'm glad the Sun won't be drafting DeShields. She's on OK player with a shitty attitude. The eye rolling says it all. Her teammates hate her. Good luck San Antonio Stars LOL

Have you been around the team to know that they hate her? Or are you making a judgment based on one action? I can tell you for certain that you're wrong.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/18/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

Typical.

Go look in the mirror.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

Have you been around the team to know that they hate her? Or are you making a judgment based on one action? I can tell you for certain that you're wrong.

How?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/18/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Diamond comes down the floor and raises up and takes her midrange jumper, that is truly a thing of beauty. Other stuff, I'm not so sure about, but that is one of the cleanest, loveliest jumpshots in college ball. Would I want her on my team? Not sure, but I'm guessing those W teams in the running will be doing due diligence and weighing all the positives and negatives to make their decision. I remember Angel was pretty cocky coming out of college and had a lot of naysayers...and she's turned into a top level W player. But i also think Angel had better stats and a really strong toughness that I'm not sure DD has. Maybe she does, but if so, it just doesn't always come across that way. I don't envy the W folks who have to make that decision, but am guessing they will have much better access to information than any of us do.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
When Diamond comes down the floor and raises up and takes her midrange jumper, that is truly a thing of beauty. Other stuff, I'm not so sure about, but that is one of the cleanest, loveliest jumpshots in college ball. Would I want her on my team? Not sure, but I'm guessing those W teams in the running will be doing due diligence and weighing all the positives and negatives to make their decision. I remember Angel was pretty cocky coming out of college and had a lot of naysayers...and she's turned into a top level W player. But i also think Angel had better stats and a really strong toughness that I'm not sure DD has. Maybe she does, but if so, it just doesn't always come across that way. I don't envy the W folks who have to make that decision, but am guessing they will have much better access to information than any of us do.

Coaches and GMs are also notorious when confronted with talent for telling themselves "oh I can handle them and straighten out that player" and then to gloss over any problems.

More often than not they're wrong, but more often than not they'll convince themselves and jump at the talent regardless of the other issues. I doubt even one team will pass over DeShields because they think she'll be a "bad teammate."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: