RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Oregon St vs #15 Long Beach St - 3/17/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn. Mad

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I picked OSU so im glad they won , but i must say they benefitted the most from the refs swallowing there whistle

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't see OSU much, but when I do, I'm never impressed by their offense or very much by Wiese.
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Don't see OSU much, but when I do, I'm never impressed by their offense or very much by Wiese.

+1

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I picked OSU so im glad they won , but i must say they benefitted the most from the refs swallowing there whistle

+1

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Games like this make me wish we had more neutral site games. They can say its all about attendance but this is a 2 PM game in Oregon on a work day. What type of attendance do you expect? A neutral site game at 7 PM local time or something would be better. Even if its not, at least TV ratings would be better. Can't imagine many fans can watch a game at 2 PM on a Friday.

Have to believe if this was on a neutral site, LBSU pulls out the massive victory. Need more upsets like that in the women's game but they are so hard to come by when the underdog is playing on the top 4 seeds' home court.

LitePal

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With that performance, did Jody Wynn move into the frontrunner spot for the USC job?

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/17/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
Refs seem to refuse to call charges on OSU. That is the 3rd one that should have been a charge

yeah, agree. Pivec has a bad habit of that. I think the SEC refs called way too many charges in their conference tourney, but these ones seem to be going over backwards the other way. Well, you gotta learn what the refs are gonna call and what they're not, and play accordingly.

I guess some folks don't like them called on certain teams Rolling Eyes

Great game though, Jodi may well be in line Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/17/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Games like this make me wish we had more neutral site games. They can say its all about attendance but this is a 2 PM game in Oregon on a work day. What type of attendance do you expect? A neutral site game at 7 PM local time or something would be better. Even if its not, at least TV ratings would be better. Can't imagine many fans can watch a game at 2 PM on a Friday.

Have to believe if this was on a neutral site, LBSU pulls out the massive victory. Need more upsets like that in the women's game but they are so hard to come by when the underdog is playing on the top 4 seeds' home court.

I like the idea neutral sites in general, but don't understand your argument about attendance. Did you see that crowd? They had a large attendance even at 2 o'clock on a work day. And my thought is that if you have 64 teams in, it makes sense for the top four seeds to host the first weekend. It may not be 'fair' to the under seeds, but if teams like LBSU, with weak conferences, really wanted a top seed, then they could have played (and beaten) top teams in the preseason. I think after the first weekend it would be great to have one neutral site for all of the rest of the games but essentially those top 16 teams 'earned' the right to host the first weekend. (I'm just sad my Trees didn't get to host)

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/17/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You mean like Cal Laughing Laughing Laughing

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/17/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I like the idea neutral sites in general, but don't understand your argument about attendance. Did you see that crowd? They had a large attendance even at 2 o'clock on a work day. And my thought is that if you have 64 teams in, it makes sense for the top four seeds to host the first weekend. It may not be 'fair' to the under seeds, but if teams like LBSU, with weak conferences, really wanted a top seed, then they could have played (and beaten) top teams in the preseason. I think after the first weekend it would be great to have one neutral site for all of the rest of the games but essentially those top 16 teams 'earned' the right to host the first weekend. (I'm just sad my Trees didn't get to host)

I didn't get to see the game so if they had a great crowd at 2 PM then kudos to them. Just figured no matter what the attendance was today, wouldn't you think more would come after the work day? And now a days TV ratings seem to be valued more than in person attendance, I'd think a 2 PM game would get much worse ratings than a game that started between 5-7 PM.

For instance, the MAC football league does not have a single Saturday football game in November. Saturday is THE football day in college football but instead they are playing on weekdays where there is less competition for TV slots and they can play on national TV. Now fewer of their alumni can make weeknight games but I guess now TV means a lot moreso than in person attendance.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
With that performance, did Jody Wynn move into the frontrunner spot for the USC job?

I doubt it.
A week ago her team almost blew a 16 point 2nd half lead to UCSB. They held on to win the Big West Tournament by 1 point.
She coaches an aggressive game, and did a great job today. She might be on the list at USC, but I dont think near the top.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just....puzzling. Scotty has made some obvious improvements in his time, but---for all their leading of the Pac 12 this year, they really don't look ready for Prime Time. And on their home court? Shocked

Well, they at least kept my bracket alive. Cool

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Just....puzzling. Scotty has made some obvious improvements in his time, but---for all their leading of the Pac 12 this year, they really don't look ready for Prime Time. And on their home court? Shocked

Well, they at least kept my bracket alive. Cool

Rueck usually makes really good adjustments, but today they did the same thing in the second half that got them into trouble in the first. They just didn't seem to be prepared and Wiese wasn't 'on' so she couldn't carry them like she usually does. I will be surprised if they play that shitty against Creighton.

- Amanda Gorman
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/17/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could it be that OSU and the Pac12 are overhyped/overrated? Did the Pac12 teams skew the brackets?

cattekin

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:

Is it some sort of new west coast thing to call Long Beach State just "Beach"?

No. Ten years ago, LBSU coaching staff closed their voice mail greetings with "Go Beach!".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: