basketballologist wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
CONNECTICUT SUN

PG: Jasmine Thomas / Rachel Banham / Alexis Peterson / Adrienne Motley
SG: Alex Bentley / Courtney Williams / Tori Jankoska / Kelly Faris
SF: Alyssa Thomas / Shekinna Stricklen / Kayla Pedersen
PF: Chiney Ogwumike / Jonquel Jones / Reshanda Gray / Danielle Adams
C: Lynetta Kizer / Morgan Tuck / Jennifer Hamson

First I think Connecticut need to establish an identity... Are they going to play small ball or big girl basketball... If they go play small and quick they should draft a guard. You can always put Alyssa Thomas at the 4 at times during the game... I think this should be their final roster....

Guards
Rachel Banham
Alex Bentley
Tori Jankoska
Alexis Peterson
Jasmine Thomas
Courtney Williams

Forwards
Danielle Adams
Reshanda Gray
Jonquel Jones
Lynetta Kizer
Chiney Ogwumike (suspended)
Shekinna Stricklen
Alyssa Thomas

So, your cutting Morgan Tuck in training camp? And Alyssa Thomas has never played power forward in the WNBA.

Last edited by Ay Mate on 03/14/17 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
CONNECTICUT SUN

First I think Connecticut need to establish an identity... Are they going to play small ball or big girl basketball... If they go play small and quick they should draft a guard. You can always put Alyssa Thomas at the 4 at times during the game... I think this should be their final roster....

Guards
Rachel Banham
Alex Bentley
Tori Jankoska
Alexis Peterson
Jasmine Thomas
Courtney Williams

Forwards
Danielle Adams
Reshanda Gray
Jonquel Jones
Lynetta Kizer
Shekinna Stricklen
Alyssa Thomas

I know 100% that Chiney is NOT going to be suspended. She will count towards the roster.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
basketballologist wrote:
CONNECTICUT SUN

Guards
Rachel Banham
Alex Bentley
Tori Jankoska
Alexis Peterson
Jasmine Thomas
Courtney Williams

Forwards
Danielle Adams
Reshanda Gray
Jonquel Jones
Lynetta Kizer
Shekinna Stricklen
Alyssa Thomas

So, your cutting Morgan Tuck in training camp?

toad455

PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray & their pick(s) are questionable. Adams is questionable depending on if she's in shape or not. Their only locks should be:

J. Thomas
A. Thomas
Bentley
Banham
Tuck
J. Jones
Kizer

Likely but not guaranteed:
Stricklen
C. Williams

How I see it:
PG: J. Thomas/Banham
SG: Bentley/C. Williams/Stricklen
SF: A. Thomas/Tuck
PF: Jones/Adams
C: Kizer/Hamson
12th: draft pick or Gray
IR: C. Ogwumike

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/14/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conn will not suspend Ogwumike which means she gets paid, and counts toward the cap and roster, so they can only have eleven active on the roster and Ogwumike.

I think it might be something like this

J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams/*
A. Thomas/Stricklen
Tuck/*/(Ogwumike immediately becomes the starter if she is activated in 17)
J. Jones/Kizer

*guard/wing drafted at #8 or Faris (I think Faris gets the nod it is still Conn after all)
* One of Adams, Gray, Petersen, or Hamson (I'm guessing Adams becuase Miller like the long ball)

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/15/17 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas should take Akator with one of those first round picks. They need an upgrade at the 4.

I think Kelsey Mitchell has a bright future in the WNBA. Just not sure she fits very well on Dallas. If they take her, they should at least trade Powers. And that still seems to set up another Sims-like issue they just tried to solve. Another two guard who needs lots of shots to be effective.

Diggins and Walker-Kimbrough would seem to make a more workable guard pair. In fact that could be a really good pair. Take Coates, Walker-Kimbrough, and Akator. That would improve them significantly.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/15/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Dallas should take Akator with one of those first round picks. They need an upgrade at the 4.

I think Kelsey Mitchell has a bright future in the WNBA. Just not sure she fits very well on Dallas. If they take her, they should at least trade Powers. And that still seems to set up another Sims-like issue they just tried to solve. Another two guard who needs lots of shots to be effective.

Diggins and Walker-Kimbrough would seem to make a more workable guard pair. In fact that could be a really good pair. Take Coates, Walker-Kimbrough, and Akator. That would improve them significantly.

Dallas definitely needs an upgrade at the four, with Pierson gone.

A healthy (and pre-Olympic break) Glory Johnson would be fine at the four. A post-Olympic break Johnson would not be.

Like CT, this team needs outside shooting. Johnson has really improved in that respect, though needs to be more consistent (and healthy). Powers has a lot of potential. A pre-injury 2015 Diggs was on a tear; hope she is fully recovered from the ACL injury and is back to her 2015 self.

Akhator does not have a consistent outside shot (in games that I have seen). She is much more of a "close to the basket" player. When she does step outside five feet, she has not demonstrated consistent success. But if you are taking her at #11, that is a fine selection, as she likely will be a solid contributor and, at worst, a good backup post player.

I agree that Walker-Kimbrough seems like a nice balance to Diggins, as she has played with other stars (Lexie Brown, Brionna Jones) and has learned how to balance scoring and facilitating, knowing when to be option 1 vs. option 2 or 3, etc. And she will be a perimeter threat for the Wings, opening up shot opportunities for other players.

I also like Alexis Jones next to Diggins, given her ability to be a combo guard and balance scoring and playmaking (plus her outside shot). Her injury history, however, is more extensive than that of Walker-Kimbrough, which could be a concern.

I am not a fan of Powers at the two, next to Christmas. Karima may be a good defensive player (or at least one of the best that Dallas has), but she is still not a good shooter. At least the past few years she took advantage of her athleticism and explosive ability to get to the rack more and to the line (295 free throw attempts last two years, 79% shooting). I'd like to see Christmas be the backup wing behind Powers, giving the bench some depth.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Dallas definitely needs an upgrade at the four, with Pierson gone.

A healthy (and pre-Olympic break) Glory Johnson would be fine at the four. A post-Olympic break Johnson would not be.

Like CT, this team needs outside shooting. Johnson has really improved in that respect, though needs to be more consistent (and healthy). Powers has a lot of potential. A pre-injury 2015 Diggs was on a tear; hope she is fully recovered from the ACL injury and is back to her 2015 self.

Akhator does not have a consistent outside shot (in games that I have seen). She is much more of a "close to the basket" player. When she does step outside five feet, she has not demonstrated consistent success. But if you are taking her at #11, that is a fine selection, as she likely will be a solid contributor and, at worst, a good backup post player.

I agree that Walker-Kimbrough seems like a nice balance to Diggins, as she has played with other stars (Lexie Brown, Brionna Jones) and has learned how to balance scoring and facilitating, knowing when to be option 1 vs. option 2 or 3, etc. And she will be a perimeter threat for the Wings, opening up shot opportunities for other players.

I also like Alexis Jones next to Diggins, given her ability to be a combo guard and balance scoring and playmaking (plus her outside shot). Her injury history, however, is more extensive than that of Walker-Kimbrough, which could be a concern.

I am not a fan of Powers at the two, next to Christmas. Karima may be a good defensive player (or at least one of the best that Dallas has), but she is still not a good shooter. At least the past few years she took advantage of her athleticism and explosive ability to get to the rack more and to the line (295 free throw attempts last two years, 79% shooting). I'd like to see Christmas be the backup wing behind Powers, giving the bench some depth.

Glory Post-PREGNANCY took a while to get her timing but once she did she exploded . 23 Pts 22 Rebs 16 Pts 15 Rebs twice along with 16 pts & 12 rebs and few more double doubles . Glory will be the starter from day 1 here in Arlington

PostPosted: 03/16/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
You've got Epps going twice.

According to that Career Stats app you introduced to us, there was a second Makayla Epps who played as a freshman at Lyndon State in 2014-15. Maybe she's making her return to basketball by going straight into the draft. Wink

PostPosted: 03/16/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like your roster for SAS for the most part but still do not believe they should take another guard with their 5th pick in the draft. Seems to me they should take the best center available with that pick. Interested to see Adams name on your Conn roster. She was a really good player for SAS about 5 years ago. Watching an old tape last week of SAS vs Sparks. Adams really schooled Lavender in that game. Has Adams signed a training camp contract or something with Conn?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/16/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Has Adams signed a training camp contract or something with Conn?

Yep. Training Camp Contract.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/17/17 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist:

Your hard Work is well recognized...

basketballologist

PostPosted: 03/28/17 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lol

basketballologist

PostPosted: 03/28/17 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
basketballologist:

Your hard Work is well recognized...

Thanks

basketballologist

PostPosted: 03/28/17 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I like your roster for SAS for the most part but still do not believe they should take another guard with their 5th pick in the draft. Seems to me they should take the best center available with that pick. Interested to see Adams name on your Conn roster. She was a really good player for SAS about 5 years ago. Watching an old tape last week of SAS vs Sparks. Adams really schooled Lavender in that game. Has Adams signed a training camp contract or something with Conn?

I personally don't see them getting a post at #5. They have 5 pretty solid post players (Dos Santos, Alexander, Harrison, de Souza, and Hamby who should contribute immediately. What they should be worried about is how McBride will return from injury. Who will be the backup point guard.

That's why I think their opening day roster will look like this

Guards:
M. Jefferson
K. Plum
K. McBride
M. Currie
A. Jones
R. Hodges / S. Colson/ J. Gwathmey

Forwards:
C. Dos Santos
K. Alexander
I. Harrison
E. DeSouza
D. Hamby
H. Peters / A. Montgomery

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/28/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

I personally don't see them getting a post at #5. They have 5 pretty solid post players (Dos Santos, Alexander, Harrison, de Souza, and Hamby who should contribute immediately. What they should be worried about is how McBride will return from injury. Who will be the backup point guard.

That's why I think their opening day roster will look like this

Guards:
M. Jefferson
K. Plum
K. McBride
M. Currie
A. Jones
R. Hodges / S. Colson/ J. Gwathmey

Forwards:
C. Dos Santos
K. Alexander
I. Harrison
E. DeSouza
D. Hamby
H. Peters / A. Montgomery

That team doesnt look so bad . The Question is can they outdo there Texas counterpart Dallas ? They will improve dramatically also with this draft.

PostPosted: 04/10/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Final Mock Draft (Revised 4/10)

FIRST ROUND
1. San Antonio Stars, Kelsey Plum, G, 5’8, Washington
2. Chicago Sky, Allisha Gray, G, 6’0, South Carolina
3. Dallas Wings, Alaina Coates , C, 6’4, South Carolina
4. Dallas Wings, Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, G, 5’11, Maryland
5. San Antonio Stars, Alexis Jones, G, 5’8 , Baylor
6. Washington Mystics, Brionna Jones, C, 6’3, Maryland
7. Atlanta Dream, Kaela Davis, G, 6’2, South Carolina
8. Connecticut Sun, Sydney Wiese, G, 6’1, Oregon State
9. Chicago Sky, Letecia Romero, G, 5’8, Florida State
10. Dallas Wings, Alexis Peterson, G, 5’7, Syracuse
11. Los Angeles Sparks, Alexis Prince , G, 6’2, Baylor
12. Minnesota Lynx, Evelyn Akhator, F, 6’3 , Kentucky

SECOND ROUND
1. Connecticut Sun, Tori Jankoska, G, 5’8, Michigan State
2. New York Liberty, Nia Coffey, F, 6’2, Northwestern
3. Seattle Storm, Chantel Osahor, F, 6’2, Washington
4. Connecticut Sun, Erica McCall, F, 6’2, Stanford
5. Indiana Fever, Lindsay Allen, G, 5’7, Notre Dame
6. Washington Mystics, Brittany Sykes, G, 5’9, Syracuse
7. Atlanta Dream, Makayla Epps, G, 5’9, Kentucky
8. Indiana Fever, Ronni Williams, F, 6’1, Florida
9. Chicago Sky, Shayla Cooper, F, 6’2, Ohio State
10. Indiana Fever, Feyonda Fitzgerald, G, 5’7, Temple
11. Dallas Wings, Nina Davis, F 5’11, Baylor
12. Minnesota Lynx, Ally Disterhoft, G, 6’0, Iowa

THIRD ROUND
1. San Antonio Stars, Jessica January, G, 5’7, DePaul
2. Dallas Wings, Jessica Jackson, F, 6’3, Arkansas
3. Washington Mystics, Adrienne Motley, G, 5’9, Miami
4. Connecticut Sun, Saniya Chong, G, 5’8, Connecticut
5. Phoenix Mercury, Peyton Little, G, 5’11, Oklahoma
6. Seattle Storm, Paige Crozon, G, 6’1, Utah
7. Atlanta Dream, Ivey Slaughter, F, 6’2, Florida State
8. Indiana Fever, Precious Hall , G, 5’8, James Madison
9. Chicago Sky, Sophie Brunner, F, 6’1, Arizona State
10. New York Liberty, Lanay Montgomery, C, 6’5, West Virginia
11. Los Angeles Sparks, Courtney Range, G, 6’2, California
12. Minnesota Lynx Briana Day , C, 6’4, Syracuse

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very good list, I think ... there are always quibbles, but it makes good sense.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I did the depth charts for each teams but I forgot to save it and lost it. I can give you a reason why I put where each team select who?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Thanks. I did the depth charts for each teams but I forgot to save it and lost it. I can give you a reason why I put where each team select who?

I hope you're wrong. I really don't want Kaela Davis in Atlanta.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

i actually think that could be a great fit . When or If Angel ever comes back That tandem could be dangerous in the future.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

i actually think that could be a great fit . When or If Angel ever comes back That tandem could be dangerous in the future.

Davis is going to be a bust. Shooting guards who can't shoot have a very short lifespan in the W.

PostPosted: 04/11/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

Davis is going to be a bust. Shooting guards who can't shoot have a very short lifespan in the W.

OUUUUCHH Pilight , Laughing not even a chance to grow with potential of becoming an elite scorer ? Heck Angel could not shoot that well coming into the pros now look at her....i dont know if thats a good thing though Shocked

PostPosted: 04/11/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering that McCoughtry may never return to the dream and Lyttle may not be the same player. I think either gray, a 6'2 (3 player) or Nia Coffey, a 6'1 (3/4 player) would fit best.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/11/17 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Considering that McCoughtry may never return to the dream and Lyttle may not be the same player. I think either gray, a 6'2 (3 player) or Nia Coffey, a 6'1 (3/4 player) would fit best.

Why would Angel not come back to the Dream?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: