RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Megan Walker, Naismith POY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/14/17 6:18 pm    ::: Megan Walker, Naismith POY Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/18904632/connecticut-huskies-recruit-megan-walker-named-naismith-girls-basketball-player-year?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

PostPosted: 03/14/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now let's hope Walker starts along with Azure Stevens over Nurse and Dangerfield.

Samuelson, Collier, Williams, Stevens and Walker would be be a tremendously tall lineup as well as tremendously diversified, interchangeable and skilled. Any of those five can lead and feed fast breaks. Any of them can handle well enough to bring the ball up court. Once in a half court set, UConn doesn't feature guards or need to. Talented post passers get the key assists, like Moore, Dolson and Williams, and all five can play the high or low posts.

AEH, who is currently going for another NYS championship with Ossining and is the NYS Gatorade girl, can be brought in for ionospheric drone strikes.
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/15/17 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Now let's hope Walker starts along with Azure Stevens over Nurse and Dangerfield.

Samuelson, Collier, Williams, Stevens and Walker would be be a tremendously tall lineup as well as tremendously diversified, interchangeable and skilled. Any of those five can lead and feed fast breaks. Any of them can handle well enough to bring the ball up court. Once in a half court set, UConn doesn't feature guards or need to. Talented post passers get the key assists, like Moore, Dolson and Williams, and all five can play the high or low posts.

AEH, who is currently going for another NYS championship with Ossining and is the NYS Gatorade girl, can be brought in for ionospheric drone strikes.

UCONN's starting lineup next year will be very interesting. You cant start 6 players, but I also don't see how Dangerfield/Stevens don't start.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/15/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walker and Azura are not starting next season. No way. At least not in the beginning they won't.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/15/17 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is always about team and subordinating individual egos to that concept. Geno always impressed upon his teams from the very beginning. To that end he attempts to recruit players who buy into that philosophy- some don't, most do. So it does not matter who starts it is how the team finishes that matters. Like he always has, he will mix and match as each individual game dictates. He loves Stevens abilities so see her being a huge presence next year no matter if she starts or not.

Last edited by Oldfandepot2 on 03/16/17 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/15/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed Westbrook is the Wootten POY, so it looks like the awards will be split this year like last year. I wonder just how good Evina is, I think she'll start next year with or without Diamond on the team, will be interesting to see if both players can co exist. Westbrook looks like a walking triple double, and could be a big college star like Skylar Diggins.
tfan

PostPosted: 03/15/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is good news for UConn as I remember reading that some team got within around 10 points this fall. So they need to shore things up a bit next year.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This is good news for UConn as I remember reading that some team got within around 10 points this fall. So they need to shore things up a bit next year.

Well, it took awhile to read it as all that dripping sarcasm obsecured it. Funny though and true as never a lead to big. See ND 2001. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse
Williams
Samuelson
Collier
Stevens

This'll be the starting lineup.
Complete domination!!

If he doesn't start Stevens, that's a bit wonky but then it'll be
Dangerfield
Nurse
Williams
Samuelson
Collier

Dangerfield is obvious starting material but he's not going to bench
Nurse no way no how. Crystal will be the starting PG for her last two seasons.

Doesn't matter who Geno starts next year, it'll be a season of 30-40 point wins. None of this single digit to 10 point win shit! Lol.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/16/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Nurse
Williams
Samuelson
Collier
Stevens

Though in general I think it's a good idea to start your best five, there has to be some acknowledgement about positions and defense, and this five has no point guard and no one who can defend a point guard.

It seems to me Dangerfield has to start so that there's a distributor on the floor and someone who can stay in front of a quick opponent.

PostPosted: 03/16/17 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Nurse
Williams
Samuelson
Collier
Stevens

Though in general I think it's a good idea to start your best five, there has to be some acknowledgement about positions and defense, and this five has no point guard and no one who can defend a point guard.

It seems to me Dangerfield has to start so that there's a distributor on the floor and someone who can stay in front of a quick opponent.

I would say Williams and Nurse are the best defenders on the team and should be able to guard most back courts in the country. One question mark for me is if Stevens can guard the other teams best big, I no majority of the Uconn fans think she will defend the other teams center, but she normally played next to a player with size while at Duke, that won't be the case at Uconn, if that were to happen then I could see some teams giving them trouble since Williams normally guards the other teams top post scorer.
linkster

PostPosted: 03/16/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rating players' defensive ability based on match ups does not apply so much to UConn where they play a switching man to man for the most part. UConn has had several players who were weak one on one defenders but excelled at switching and rotating. Who plays next year will be decided in no small part by how they fit in on defense. UConn's defense requires a "five players-one mind" style where anticipating what your team mates are about to do is more important than a player's cross-over skill. With the depth of talent on the team next year players who don't compete in practice will sit. And I would expect to see one or two gone by the end of the '18 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: