RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The REAL bracket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksuwbbfan

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very surprised that we are hosting, but we'll have our hands full with Drake.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNI and Drake get the same seed very interesting.

Purdue 2nd to last in, both Cal and Auburn were ahead

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charlie Creme is such a little nerd...how the hell did he get to be the women's "bracketologist" anyway?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First time I can remember being concerned about the 2nd rd in Gampel!

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GW made the first 4 out (along with Michigan, UVA, South Dakota St).

This is the surprise of the night for me...

Disagree with Charlie on many points, but agree there are some odd contradictions in the bracket.

Cal/Oregon seeding is perhaps the most baffling for me, especially if Cal was supposedly one of the last 4 in and Oregon wasn't.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:

It seems to me non-conference games factor just as much of a role as conference games.
UNI played, and beat Kansas St & Creighton in non-conference, so probably played a major factor. UNI didn't beat any of their tough non-conference games (Creighton, Green Bay, Auburn, Iowa St), so that might explain how they both ended up the similar seeds.

Cal might've played a relatively weak non-conference schedule, but they beat Oklahoma and picked up no losses (any of which would've been a bad loss), so they had more room for error that they could go sub .500 and make the tournament with how unimpressive other bubble teams were.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
GW made the first 4 out (along with Michigan, UVA, South Dakota St).

This is the surprise of the night for me...

Disagree with Charlie on many points, but agree there are some odd contradictions in the bracket.

Cal/Oregon seeding is perhaps the most baffling for me, especially if Cal was supposedly one of the last 4 in and Oregon wasn't.

Cal was probably the very last one in. I guess they were rewarding the conference because Cal sucked. So much potential, so little actualization. Oregon is probably happier with a 10 than a 9 anyway.

- Amanda Gorman
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are they re-airing stuff on the show????? Seriously, they can't come up with enough talking points about other things????

Ugh, this show & ESPN.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
linkster wrote:
What the hell does "for the good of the game and for the best student-athlete experience" mean?

It means Baylor will sell us more tickets than South Carolina would Laughing

Except that Texas would have sold as many if not more tickets in Okl City.

And if selling tickets was so important why wasn't Stanford sent to Stockton and Or St to Lexington?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Why are they re-airing stuff on the show????? Seriously, they can't come up with enough talking points about other things????

Ugh, this show & ESPN.

amen. wtf. every year this sucks. why can't we have a real selection show?

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now they are talking about Cal and THEY DON'T EVEN QUESTION WHY THE FUCK THEY ARE IN THE GOD DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a flying dungwheel if Gottlieb got engaged. Andy Landers was like why the fuck are they asking me to give her marital advice????

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the expletives but I think my head is about to explode.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a feeling Michigan would drop out as they lost 4 of their last 5 games and had no top 50 wins. They are a very nice team, but they need to get a chip on their shoulders, show some moxie and start beating their in-state rival for a start.

The bubble team to WNIT story is getting old, but the consolation price is I get to see them at home for hopefully several more games.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and if they don't win the WNIT then they didn't deserve the bid.

leeshajo

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:

It seems to me non-conference games factor just as much of a role as conference games.
UNI played, and beat Kansas St & Creighton in non-conference, so probably played a major factor. UNI didn't beat any of their tough non-conference games (Creighton, Green Bay, Auburn, Iowa St), so that might explain how they both ended up the similar seeds.

Cal might've played a relatively weak non-conference schedule, but they beat Oklahoma and picked up no losses (any of which would've been a bad loss), so they had more room for error that they could go sub .500 and make the tournament with how unimpressive other bubble teams were.

Hmm and yet South Dakota State beat UNI at Cedar Falls and Creighton, ... both lost to Green Bay... they most have lost with more style. BTW I had no expectations of the committee putting us in, even though I think we deserved a seed. We dropped to many games in conference.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:49 pm    ::: Re: The REAL bracket Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Sorry Brenda, your inflated record and polls don't matter to the Committee. You didn't beat anybody. Stop whining and go sign up some real competition for next fall.

Yeah, she's all talking about controlling what you can control. Well, Brenda, you can control who you schedule...

It'll be interesting to see how they schedule next year...

Watch it be the same...because I don't think she gets it.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so now they just fill space. Why not at least get more interviews with other coaches. Totally disappointing show.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Now they are talking about Cal and THEY DON'T EVEN QUESTION WHY THE FUCK THEY ARE IN THE GOD DAMN FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a flying dungwheel if Gottlieb got engaged. Andy Landers was like why the fuck are they asking me to give her marital advice????

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the expletives but I think my head is about to explode.

He should have said the best way to get engaged is to get pregnant first. At least that would be something controversial to liven things up.

- Amanda Gorman
Matt5762

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
so now they just fill space. Why not at least get more interviews with other coaches. Totally disappointing show.

I'd rather watch a replay of the 2nd half of the AAC final than whatever this mess is.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, how about you talk to us about 7th seed Temple? Maybe 10th seed Toledo? How about 11th seeded Elon? I guess I would even settle for some conversation about 6th seed NC State, 11th seed Gonzaga, 12th seed Dayton...god damn it.

Here we are re-airing the same damn interviews they did during the first hour.

In thinking about it, they haven't really said much of anything about Stanford except that they can't host.

Last edited by purduefanatic on 03/13/17 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/13/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt5762 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I'd rather watch a replay of the 2nd half of the AAC final than whatever this mess is.

yeah...well maybe not that one. But I was thinking some action shots would be appropriate. Show some of the top teams/top players...even if it is UConn slaughtering someone.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
So many unasked questions, nobody with the balls to ask the committee chair. Hell, with 2 mins at the end of the show they really don't have time to ask them. Ugh.

Seriously, we have friggin 24 hour marathons about the men's bracket (which I love as well) and just crap for the women.

The hundreds of hours of babble pretending to be analysis about the men's tournament is entirely a product of the tens of billions of dollars being wagered in Vegas, with bookies, and in pools across the Nation.

When billions are bet on the women's tournament, it will get more than two hours of talk.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
So many unasked questions, nobody with the balls to ask the committee chair. Hell, with 2 mins at the end of the show they really don't have time to ask them. Ugh.

Seriously, we have friggin 24 hour marathons about the men's bracket (which I love as well) and just crap for the women.

The hundreds of hours of babble pretending to be analysis about the men's tournament is entirely a product of the tens of billions of dollars being wagered in Vegas, with bookies, and in pools across the Nation.

When billions are bet on the women's tournament, it will get more than two hours of talk.

Well no kidding...I think we all know this. I would just enjoy an hour show that showed the brackets and asked some hard questions of the committee. At least show they notice those things rather than just gloss over everything.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Charlie Creme is such a little nerd...how the hell did he get to be the women's "bracketologist" anyway?

As I understand it, he had a job doing data input for Joe Lunardi. When Lunardi turned down ESPN'S request that he add the women to his bracketology job, he suggested Creme. He didn't know squat about Women's basketball.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

+1

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/13/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Well no kidding...I think we all know this. I would just enjoy an hour show that showed the brackets and asked some hard questions of the committee. At least show they notice those things rather than just gloss over everything.

That would take time away from slobbering over UConn. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: