RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ASG -Seattle- Who's going?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huskie

PostPosted: 03/11/17 7:00 pm    ::: ASG -Seattle- Who's going? Reply Reply with quote

The Brigade will be there! Thought I'd give you all fair warning Laughing

Look for us at 5 points Cafe. Alcoholics serving alcoholics since the 1920's!

Thinking Seattle is going to do a great job with the game and events!

PostPosted: 03/11/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm there! Very Happy

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/11/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm...

PostPosted: 03/11/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See you there Twisted Evil Mr. Green

Huskie

PostPosted: 03/11/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Hmm...

Looks like a 'yes' to me Wink

PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had my ticket 45 minutes after it was announced.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're planning on it- gotta work out vacation time, though.

(now with spelling variations)
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/12/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the people that are going can you all post the stories, pictures, videos afterwards Smile so that the fans that are too far away to come can enjoy a little bit aswell Cool

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune

PostPosted: 03/12/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Hmm...

Don;t even stop and think, just do it!!!! Book that flight!

PostPosted: 03/12/17 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
For the people that are going can you all post the stories, pictures, videos afterwards Smile so that the fans that are too far away to come can enjoy a little bit aswell Cool

Oh course.

PostPosted: 03/12/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm seriously thinking about making the trip from LA, but idw to go by myself lol

PostPosted: 03/12/17 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I'm seriously thinking about making the trip from LA, but idw to go by myself lol

By the time you get to Seattle, you won't be by yourself, methinks. Very Happy

Should we start trying to organize a Board Junkies get-together?

Huskie

PostPosted: 03/12/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

That's a definite. Early indications are that there's a Friday practice session for fans to attend. Maybe after that? There are some places within walking distance...including a sports bar that has a small display of Storm stuff and is large enough to accommodate any size group.

PostPosted: 03/12/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

That's a definite. Early indications are that there's a Friday practice session for fans to attend. Maybe after that? There are some places within walking distance...including a sports bar that has a small display of Storm stuff and is large enough to accommodate any size group.

Sounds like a plan Queenie. Tickets are pretty cheap. Any suggestions as far as hotels? I'll need something close to KeyArena. Guess I'll start doing some research!! Lol

PostPosted: 03/12/17 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskie wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Sounds like a plan Queenie. Tickets are pretty cheap. Any suggestions as far as hotels? I'll need something close to KeyArena. Guess I'll start doing some research!! Lol

Best Western Executive Inn is walking distance to Key Arena and anywhere you need to eat or drink. If you are really fit or don't mind Uber-ing there are plenty of hotels in a broader area.

PostPosted: 03/12/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskie wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Best Western Executive Inn is walking distance to Key Arena and anywhere you need to eat or drink. If you are really fit or don't mind Uber-ing there are plenty of hotels in a broader area.

Thanks Huskie. Really fit I am not. Lol. But I don't mind Uber. I'll look into it. Would love to meet and greet and watch the game with u guys and gals. It would be an honor!

PostPosted: 03/12/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskie wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Thanks Huskie. Really fit I am not. Lol. But I don't mind Uber. I'll look into it. Would love to meet and greet and watch the game with u guys and gals. It would be an honor!

Awesome. Would love to meet up. You're welcome to hang with us Cool

PostPosted: 03/12/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

honestly, I've never been more excited for an ASG then this one. Key Arena will be packed. Much different atmosphere than any time Connecticut has hosted it. Really hoping they have an ASG next season and that it's awarded to Minnesota. 2019 should be in Los Angeles, then in 2021 let it come back to New York for the 25th anniversary. I can also see Washington hosting it in 2019 for Delle Donne if they're still played at the Verizon Center.

2017: Seattle
2018: Minnesota
2019: Los Angeles
2020: no game, Olympics
2021: New York(25th Anniversary)

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
merlina

PostPosted: 03/12/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Huskie wrote:
Queenie wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

The closest hotel to KeyArena is the Inn at Queen Anne - it's less than a block away. The Marqueen Hotel and Maxwell hotel are also a bit closer than the Best Western - 6 or 7 blocks. Also the Four Points on Roy Street. It's a little further out, but probably about the same as the Best Western - maybe a 15 minute walk. I'd definitely try to get within walking distance if you can afford it. Traffic and parking are going to be extra crazy since the Bite of Seattle is also that weekend. I wouldn't even want to use Uber.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/12/17 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:

The closest hotel to KeyArena is the Inn at Queen Anne - it's less than a block away. The Marqueen Hotel and Maxwell hotel are also a bit closer than the Best Western - 6 or 7 blocks. Also the Four Points on Roy Street. It's a little further out, but probably about the same as the Best Western - maybe a 15 minute walk. I'd definitely try to get within walking distance if you can afford it. Traffic and parking are going to be extra crazy since the Bite of Seattle is also that weekend. I wouldn't even want to use Uber.

If you can't afford the area, there is a light rail from the airport area as well. There will definitely be an open practice on Friday and they are trying to get something between players and fans. The problem is that the players' schedule is apparently jam packed already so they are trying to work around that. They just suggested to me that I take Friday off so I'd be around.

merlina

PostPosted: 03/13/17 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:

If you can't afford the area, there is a light rail from the airport area as well. There will definitely be an open practice on Friday and they are trying to get something between players and fans. The problem is that the players' schedule is apparently jam packed already so they are trying to work around that. They just suggested to me that I take Friday off so I'd be around.

Or even somewhere within the city up north near Aurora would probably be cheaper. My apt is in that area and one unit in the building is an Air BnB - I think it goes for around $100 a night and is a two bedroom. Maybe several people could go in on something like that. The E bus that runs along Aurora stops right by that Best Western.

caune

PostPosted: 03/13/17 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
merlina wrote:

When it was in Phoenix they had a Friday night cocktail reception for charity. It was like 300 bucks a ticket but the access to current and former players was exceptional. I got pictures with everyone from Brian january to Teresa Edwards to Holley Rowe. It was a fun time!

PostPosted: 06/14/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just resurrecting this post. Anyone else considering the trip?

PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've booked our flight. Still working on hotel. And I should probably buy tickets...

Huskie

PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
We've booked our flight. Still working on hotel. And I should probably buy tickets...

Good idea Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: