RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

I miss the Sunday Selection Show

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1877



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 12:13 am    ::: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2134
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 9:55 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!


Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I personally absolutely love this weekend along with the next couple as well.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1877



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:11 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!


Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I personally absolutely love this weekend along with the next couple as well.


I'm just not a patient person overall Smile. I will watch some Men's games this weekend but would have been more interested if Marquette hadn't lost their first BET game yesterday. But I'm in luck today - my girls are off school and have requested to watch a replay of the Marquette-DePaul BET game - I can agree to that request Smile.


purduefanatic



Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 2134
Location: Indiana


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:18 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!


Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I personally absolutely love this weekend along with the next couple as well.


I'm just not a patient person overall Smile. I will watch some Men's games this weekend but would have been more interested if Marquette hadn't lost their first BET game yesterday. But I'm in luck today - my girls are off school and have requested to watch a replay of the Marquette-DePaul BET game - I can agree to that request Smile.


LOL, I'm sure no arm twisting there. Enjoy. I won't be a spoiler and tell you who wins. Wink

Congrats again to you and the program you cheer for. They will be a tough out in the NCAA's.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1877



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:34 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!


Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I personally absolutely love this weekend along with the next couple as well.


I'm just not a patient person overall Smile. I will watch some Men's games this weekend but would have been more interested if Marquette hadn't lost their first BET game yesterday. But I'm in luck today - my girls are off school and have requested to watch a replay of the Marquette-DePaul BET game - I can agree to that request Smile.


LOL, I'm sure no arm twisting there. Enjoy. I won't be a spoiler and tell you who wins. Wink

Congrats again to you and the program you cheer for. They will be a tough out in the NCAA's.


I feel like I'm doing something right here when they want to watch it Smile. They couldn't go to that game because it started too late on a school night so it's nice for them to be able to watch it now.

Thanks - it's a fun time and it's been so long since they've been dancing. If they keep playing well like they did in the BET, I think they will be tough in the NCAA Tourney. But I'm afraid the team that lost at Providence might show up too.

Good luck to Purdue too maybe Smile - Charlie Creme has Marquette playing Purdue so I couldn't cheer for them then of course. But I question that projection as it sends them out to Oregon State and Marquette played at Oregon State earlier this season - thought they tried to avoid rematches that early on in the tournament.


taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4023
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.


Shortened. SHORTENED. Spring AHEAD!



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
taropatch



Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 464
Location: Kau Rubbish Dump


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
taropatch wrote:
Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.


Shortened. SHORTENED. Spring AHEAD!


You are correct! I just realized the hour arrives earlier. Stupid DST should be discontinued. We don't mess with our clocks here in the islands.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4023
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I *LIKE* DST! It comes from working so many years of night shift, I think. I had to sleep during the day so I welcomed the extra hour of light. But I liked it even when I was a kid.....an extra hour of playing outside!



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 378
Location: AC, NJ


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
taropatch wrote:
Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.


Shortened. SHORTENED. Spring AHEAD!


Although if they are somewhere that doesn't have that, it would actually be the opposite, since everyone else is moving and you aren't.

I ran into this when I was in college back before Indiana started using DST.


Marquette Fan



Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 1877



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh - I think I blocked out Daylight Savings Time - my kids always sleep terrible for about a week after the time changes.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin