RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NWSL strike is looming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:47 pm    ::: NWSL strike is looming Reply Reply with quote

http://www.excellesports.com/news/strike-looms-players-align-nwsl/

Quote:
But there was one thing that didn’t happen. For all the time that NWSL commissioner Jeff Plush spent giving an impromptu state of the league with media, he didn’t say that the organization could guarantee U.S. women’s national team (USWNT) players would be present when the NWSL season kicks off in April.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 03/10/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Striking for better pay, etc sounds nice, but a strike will juts kill the league off.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
Striking for better pay, etc sounds nice, but a strike will juts kill the league off.

yeah, a slight pay increase may be possible, but these players are looking to double their salaries. The strike killing the NWSL could put an end to pro women's soccer in the US.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 03/11/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hell, every time I see a post with NWSL in the title, I think "the league is still around?"

A strike might just as well serve as a wake.
toad455

PostPosted: 03/11/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Hell, every time I see a post with NWSL in the title, I think "the league is still around?"

A strike might just as well serve as a wake.

I basically feel the three MLS owned teams are keeping the league afloat(Portland, Houston & Orlando). These three are the top three in attendance & bring the league average to 5,558. Without those three, the league average would be 3,450. The NJ Sky Blue team should be taken over by the Red Bulls & addition expansion teams(or relocating current ones) in Salt Lake City, San Jose & Los Angeles would greatly benefit the league(all MLS owned teams who've expressed interest in obtaining a NWSL team).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: