RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Have we seen the official inauguration crowd size pics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/09/17 10:19 am    ::: Have we seen the official inauguration crowd size pics? Reply Reply with quote

I can't remember. Sorry if this is a repost.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nps-donald-trump-inauguration-barack-obama-crowd-size/

PostPosted: 03/09/17 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Supporter-wise, it's kind of like winning Prom King/Queen in H.S. It's cool in the beginning but when you're still talking about it after a certain point, things aren't going well for you.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/09/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

akronborn wrote:
Supporter-wise, it's kind of like winning Prom King/Queen in H.S. It's cool in the beginning but when you're still talking about it after a certain point, things aren't going well for you.

My thoughts exactly. This is one of the lamest things to criticise a prez about. It should not have been an issue in the first place, and definitely should not still be a thing today!

(neither should size of hands, colour of skin, shittiness of hairstyle, ...)

PostPosted: 03/09/17 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it may be a BIT redundant, but....it's the NPS that's just this week (re-)released the pics as the definitively "official" pics. Andddd....
Quote:
... the Park Service is part of the executive branch that Trump now runs. So in a way, the president's own administration has just debunked him. We'll find out if he sees it that way.

....so....maybe DONALD wants the dialogue to continue. You know....anything but what's REALLY happening.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When you criticize the people who are making "the big deal" out of crowd, hand and body part sizes, did you take into account it was mainly in response to exaggerated claims and hyperbole by 45 himself?
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/10/17 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
When you criticize the people who are making "the big deal" out of crowd, hand and body part sizes, did you take into account it was mainly in response to exaggerated claims and hyperbole by 45 himself?

I did, yes.
People are all too willing to get drawn into the petty stuff, which is just what he relies on to take some focus off things that actually matter.
There's nothing at all wrong with a fact check, but I watch a decent amount of US TV (I'm a regular viewer of The Daily Show, The Late Show, Last Week Tonight, and SNL), and I think it's unfortunate how regularly they get sidetracked for cheap giggles. (Well ok, that is SNL's staple diet, but the others should be better than that). There is some smart writing on those shows, but picking on the wrong things loses respect points from me.

PostPosted: 03/10/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
(I'm a regular viewer of The Daily Show, The Late Show, Last Week Tonight, and SNL)

That line-up isn't complete until you add Samantha Bee's "Full Frontal". I do believe she's a cut above. Cool

PostPosted: 03/10/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I did, yes.
People are all too willing to get drawn into the petty stuff, which is just what he relies on to take some focus off things that actually matter.
There's nothing at all wrong with a fact check, but I watch a decent amount of US TV (I'm a regular viewer of The Daily Show, The Late Show, Last Week Tonight, and SNL), and I think it's unfortunate how regularly they get sidetracked for cheap giggles. (Well ok, that is SNL's staple diet, but the others should be better than that). There is some smart writing on those shows, but picking on the wrong things loses respect points from me.

I see your point and agree to a certain extent. But that kind of reasoning requires a level of maturity and the waterproof nature of a duck's back way beyond normal to be able to listen to ridiculous falsities being uttered without challenge.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/10/17 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

akronborn wrote:

It's reflected in their bitterness when you read their posts. I think what's really sad is the fact that we're talking about exaggerated stories to boot.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/10/17 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
(I'm a regular viewer of The Daily Show, The Late Show, Last Week Tonight, and SNL)

That line-up isn't complete until you add Samantha Bee's "Full Frontal". I do believe she's a cut above. Cool

I have always loved Sam Bee, and I do catch FF when I can.

PostPosted: 03/11/17 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

I did, yes.

For most people, it's probably not mutually exclusive.

PostPosted: 03/11/17 3:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

I agree,
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/11/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

I agree,

It's not too hard to call the asshole out on his countless, continual obvious lies while decrying the havoc being wreaked by what will likely be the most amateur/corrupt administration and middle & lower class ruining Republican policies in US history.

The complicity of the corporate MSM is of course deplorable.

PostPosted: 03/13/17 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
akronborn wrote:

It's reflected in their bitterness when you read their posts. I think what's really sad is the fact that we're talking about exaggerated stories to boot.

Indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: