RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I miss the Sunday Selection Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/17 12:13 am    ::: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/10/17 9:55 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
So I know the Women's Selection Show usually got buried behind a late running Men's Conference Tourney game on Sunday, but i really miss it being on a Sunday. I thought the extra day wait might not be too bad this year since I know MU is getting an automatic bid. But no it's not helping - I just want to know what seed they are going to get and where they will be playing and I don't want to have to wait another day for it Smile. Come on Monday at 7P EST - get here quickly!!!

Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I personally absolutely love this weekend along with the next couple as well.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:11 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Well, if you happen to be a basketball fan and not just a women's basketball fan, I say relax and enjoy all the great men's conference tournament action that will be going all day long starting at noon. In addition, there will be a ton of women's games on ESPN3 as well while the America East championship game (Maine vs Albany) will be on ESPNU at 4:30 this afternoon.

I'm just not a patient person overall Smile. I will watch some Men's games this weekend but would have been more interested if Marquette hadn't lost their first BET game yesterday. But I'm in luck today - my girls are off school and have requested to watch a replay of the Marquette-DePaul BET game - I can agree to that request Smile.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:18 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I'm just not a patient person overall Smile. I will watch some Men's games this weekend but would have been more interested if Marquette hadn't lost their first BET game yesterday. But I'm in luck today - my girls are off school and have requested to watch a replay of the Marquette-DePaul BET game - I can agree to that request Smile.

LOL, I'm sure no arm twisting there. Enjoy. I won't be a spoiler and tell you who wins. Wink

Congrats again to you and the program you cheer for. They will be a tough out in the NCAA's.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/10/17 10:34 am    ::: Re: I miss the Sunday Selection Show Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

LOL, I'm sure no arm twisting there. Enjoy. I won't be a spoiler and tell you who wins. Wink

Congrats again to you and the program you cheer for. They will be a tough out in the NCAA's.

I feel like I'm doing something right here when they want to watch it Smile. They couldn't go to that game because it started too late on a school night so it's nice for them to be able to watch it now.

Thanks - it's a fun time and it's been so long since they've been dancing. If they keep playing well like they did in the BET, I think they will be tough in the NCAA Tourney. But I'm afraid the team that lost at Providence might show up too.

Good luck to Purdue too maybe Smile - Charlie Creme has Marquette playing Purdue so I couldn't cheer for them then of course. But I question that projection as it sends them out to Oregon State and Marquette played at Oregon State earlier this season - thought they tried to avoid rematches that early on in the tournament.

taropatch

PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Sorry but your wait just got extended an extra hour. Daylight Savings kicks in this weekend.

Shortened. SHORTENED. Spring AHEAD!

PostPosted: 03/11/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
taropatch wrote:

You are correct! I just realized the hour arrives earlier. Stupid DST should be discontinued. We don't mess with our clocks here in the islands.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/11/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, I *LIKE* DST! It comes from working so many years of night shift, I think. I had to sleep during the day so I welcomed the extra hour of light. But I liked it even when I was a kid.....an extra hour of playing outside!

PostPosted: 03/11/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Although if they are somewhere that doesn't have that, it would actually be the opposite, since everyone else is moving and you aren't.

I ran into this when I was in college back before Indiana started using DST.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/11/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh - I think I blocked out Daylight Savings Time - my kids always sleep terrible for about a week after the time changes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: