RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#1 Connecticut vs #3 South Florida - 3/06/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For once I have to agree with Art.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And why do some of y'all try to pretend RPI means so much? It's only a formula.

I might just as well ask you why you bother to post "Ho Hum" about a game in which a player broke an all-time NCAA shooting record. A fan who has no trouble watching JMU basketball has a lot of nerve dissing USF, or any team for that matter. UConn played a near perfect half at both ends of the court. A masterpiece performance against a good team.

But any chance at trolling a UConn thread, right?

toad455

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I missed the game, looks like it was a close one. Rolling Eyes

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If WBB State is accurate, Katie Lou going into the Big Dance is now third in the country in 3FG made with 110, behind Tori Jankoska's (Michigan St.) 119 and Darby Maggard's (Belmont) 111. Are those two players going dancing?
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
If WBB State is accurate, Katie Lou going into the Big Dance is now third in the country in 3FG made with 110, behind Tori Jankoska's (Michigan St.) 119 and Darby Maggard's (Belmont) 111. Are those two players going dancing?

yeah, but they won't be dancing nearly as long.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I might just as well ask you why you bother to post "Ho Hum" about a game in which a player broke an all-time NCAA shooting record. A fan who has no trouble watching JMU basketball has a lot of nerve dissing USF, or any team for that matter. UConn played a near perfect half at both ends of the court. A masterpiece performance against a good team.

I couldn't possibly explain to someone from the exalted UConn fandom what it's like to become a mid-major fan after being a Tennessee fan for many years. It is, to coin a phrase, a whole different ballgame, one you probably wouldn't understand in the least.

I'm very happy for y'all that your dear Lou broke a record. I'm not at all interested in the results of your tournament massacre, which was a foregone conclusion and what was to me extremely boring and a game I wouldn't bother to watch because, as I said before, I don't do massacres.

As for RPI, I just think it's overrated. That's all. SoS is a little more important, at least to my way of thinking and to that of a whole lot of other folks.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I couldn't possibly explain to someone from the exalted UConn fandom what it's like to become a mid-major fan after being a Tennessee fan for many years. It is, to coin a phrase, a whole different ballgame, one you probably wouldn't understand in the least.

I'm very happy for y'all that your dear Lou broke a record. I'm not at all interested in the results of your tournament massacre, which was a foregone conclusion and what was to me extremely boring and a game I wouldn't bother to watch because, as I said before, I don't do massacres.

As for RPI, I just think it's overrated. That's all. SoS is a little more important, at least to my way of thinking and to that of a whole lot of other folks.

A team can have a #1 SOS and go 0-30.

I have no problem with your dislike of one-sided games and I'm not suggesting where you should post but don't bull shit me. You are trolling this thread. There have probably been 100+ one-sided game threads on this board but the only ones you post HO HUM or it's equivalent are the games that involve UConn.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

SoS doesn't tell you anything about what a team did with that tough schedule. Minnesota has a top 10 SoS. They're still not very good. Washington State has a strong SoS. They went 12-19. It doesn't take any great skill to schedule games you can't win.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*cough* Let's let the UConn fans enjoy their shiny thing, 'kay?

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:47 pm    ::: Re: #1 Connecticut vs #3 South Florida - 3/06/17 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Call me crazy, but this one could be interesting. USF, historically, has played us tougher than most.

Let me be the first to oblige.
You're crazy.
UConn beat USF 102-37 and 96-68 this year. That's by 65 points and 28 points.

The likelihood of this being "interesting" or "tougher than most" is less than the likelihood of my winning this Wednesday's Powerball drawing.

3rd game in 3 days against a team that's played us 6 times in 12 months. And we aren't playing well, IMO. I hope I'm wrong, but you never know.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. A powerhouse.

You were saying? Rolling Eyes

Why do some of you try to pretend these are going to be anything other than ridiculous mismatches?

USF is the No 29 RPI team. Right in front of Syracuse, 8 ranks lower than Tenn and 8 ranks higher than NC St.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. A powerhouse. So many great wins like. . . . . . . . there must be somebody, right?
They got slaughtered twice already this year by UConn. No reason to think this was going to be any "tougher" or more "interesting" than those games.

Bull shit Art. You have pointed out N Dame's RPI as partial justification for their 1 seed. And I never said powerhouse or anything like it. USF has a decent RPI. There are 6 ACC teams with worse RPI's.

UConn played probably their best 2 halves of basketball against USF. I think part of the reason is that USF isn't a very physical team and when the UConn starters aren't getting grabbed and shoved they outplay anyone. By a lot.

As much as I enjoy watching UConn play beautiful basketball, it's so much sweeter doing it while knowing the frustration some others are experiencing because of their expectation of watching the Huskies lose several games by this point of the season. Wink

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Good to see you around, acsuc99.

Thanks Glenn! I am glad to be reunited here with you and CTH whose posts I look forward to regularly. The regular season is too long, starts too early, and I just can't get excited over the AAC opponents so I hibernate from like Dec-March now. But now the real season begins!

Nov & Dec are MUST see now. Hiberate jan & feb but be sure to poke your head out in early Feb to check for a SCarolina game!

PostPosted: 03/07/17 5:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

so if UConn ever plays JMU you won't watch?

ewecon

PostPosted: 03/07/17 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

If you're not at all interested in the results of our tournament massacre, it begs the question.... Why are you here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: