RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/03/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Wiese might be gone by 8. I think her stock has risen significantly since the start of the season.

I would love for Atlanta to get her at #7

PostPosted: 03/04/17 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched UW lose to Oregon and it just reinforced that Chantel Osahor is absolutely not first round material. She was winded repeatedly against the Ducks to the point where they had to pull her. It affected her free throws and the ability of the team to start the offense quickly. She is a rebounding machine but she is not much more of a defensive force. The Ducks were able to use a good combination of players to neutralize her post moves. Anyone who thinks she is has not seen how often she hangs back on a change of possession because the TV cameras don't often show that part.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/17 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Wiese might be gone by 8. I think her stock has risen significantly since the start of the season.

Didn't you and Miller learn anything from the Weisner experiment?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/04/17 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:
I see Curt Miller is at the Pac 12 tournament... maybe looking at Wiese at #8?

WNBA coaches love these tournaments because they can check out several prospects without a lot of travel. So Miller is favoring the Pac when there's a couple of tournaments happening in SC?

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/04/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot going on in this Kentucky/South Carolina game. Coates out with an ankle injury. Both Wilson and Epps are doing everything for their respective teams. Very impressed with Akhator, she's undersized against Wilson but she plays with a lot of heart. She currently has 24 points and 10 rebounds with 3:53 remaining in the 4th

PostPosted: 03/04/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Feyonda Fitzgerald (senior)
Temple

Dan Hughes was doing color commentary for tonight's Houston vs Temple game, and he said Fitzgerald was one of the best guards in the country.
She had 30 pts & 7 assists tonight.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/04/17 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Learned what? That you think a shooting guard is the same as a point guard? That you think that a player who was part of a 3-scorer system is the same as a player who had to help her team develop around her?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/17 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Wiese was the best player on the team last year...

PostPosted: 03/05/17 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Agreed

PostPosted: 03/05/17 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Marginally better? This is not unlike last year when you insisted Weisner was.a mid-first rounder because of the hype surrounding Oregon St. Hamblin benefitted from it too.

How does Weise fit in with ATL? Would you use her as a PG?

Make a list of players showing up at #7 that would make you pass on Weise.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about A.Morrissette? I think she may play herself into the 2nd round?

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How do you guys feel about A.Morrissette? I think she may play herself into the 2nd round?

She's had an amazing tournament but I don't think she has a WNBA body. In person she looks awfully spindly. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gives her a look though!

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/05/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
We did something like this a couple years ago and I thought it was a fun game, so...rank the following senior guards according to how good you think they will be in the WNBA.

Kelsey Plum
Alexis Peterson
Alexis Jones
Makayla Epps
Lindsay Allen
Sydney Wiese
Leticia Romero
Tori Jankoska
Jessica January

Bump.

BelloFratello

PostPosted: 03/06/17 7:01 am    ::: A. Morissette Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

A. Morissette has already won me over, in spite of me. But don't be alarmed if she faaalls (in the draft)

I'm happy for A. Morissette. I wish nothing but the best for her. She speaks eloquently and I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother.

Sometimes A. Morissette can be Ms. Play-It-Safe, afraid to fly.

You have to wonder if A. Morissette's Canadian responsibilities will interfere with the team she ends up with...

One thing I have to give A. Morissette though is that she always has one Hand in Her Pocket, while the other one's driving through the lane, yeah she's got one Hand in Her Pocket, while the other one's shooting the three ball.

Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good one, Bello.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:43 am    ::: Re: A. Morissette Reply Reply with quote

BelloFratello wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

A. Morissette has already won me over, in spite of me. But don't be alarmed if she faaalls (in the draft)

I'm happy for A. Morissette. I wish nothing but the best for her. She speaks eloquently and I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother.

Sometimes A. Morissette can be Ms. Play-It-Safe, afraid to fly.

You have to wonder if A. Morissette's Canadian responsibilities will interfere with the team she ends up with...

One thing I have to give A. Morissette though is that she always has one Hand in Her Pocket, while the other one's driving through the lane, yeah she's got one Hand in Her Pocket, while the other one's shooting the three ball.

Wink Wink Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/06/17 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last few seasons it seem like a decent amount of draftees make rosters this season it is looking a little tougher

In the first round I think picks 9-12 will have a challenge surviving until opening day unless there are injuries or player missing time

9 goes to Chicago who is 12 deep before the draft
Sloot, Pondexter, Young, Dolson, Boyette, Faulkner, Quigley, Copper, Breland, Parker, N'Dour, Laney and already the Sky first draftee will be #2, so #9 needs to jump two of those players to make the team

10 goes to Dallas
Diggins, Christmas, Powers, GloJo, Paris, Phillips, Bias, Hooper, Plaisance, Hamblin, #3 and #4 OK it is possible for #10 to displace someone above (Hooper, Plaidance, Bias) but with #3 and #4 coming aboard The Wings might prefer someone with a little more experience than a 3rd rookie.

11 goes to LA
Gray, Beard, Carson, Parker, Ogwumike, Sims, R. Williams, Lavneder, that 8 before you even get to Dabovic, Dublejivic (Sp I mangled that) experienced invitee TJJ, Warley camp invites who have made it briefly or almost made it Hoskins, Weisner, Ibekwe, that is 15 and I think I'm forgetting someone can a late first rounder jump ahead of most of those players, and that is if LA can even afford 12.

12 goes to Minny
Whalen, Augustus, Moore, Brunson, Fowles, Montgomery, Perkins, Howard, Pierson that is 9 Hampton, Cruz, Fagbenle make 12 with question marks, and i feel like I'm missing someone and Minny might be stuck at 11 as well

Not saying they can't make it but it is more of a challenge for those first rounders than in years past.

In the second round (I've forgotten the order already) only SA looks like a possibility even though they might not have a second round pick, Conn at 13 has a chance but with Conn now having the #8 pick and a lot of young talent in development I'm not sure #13 or even fan favorite Faris has much of a chance. In NY #14 has a tough road we have 12 not including Schimmel, Barbee, Alston or one of Burdick or Raincock-Ekunwe can't really see #14 being able to displace any of those player let alone someone who is actually likely to make the roster. With Xargay and Petrovic and question marks in PX maybe if PX had a second round pick it could make it at least until others show, and Atl and Indy a 2nd round pick might have a fighting chance but it will still be tough.

Maybe not the best year to be a draftee if you're not a top pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
In NY #14 has a tough road we have 12 not including Schimmel, Barbee, Alston or one of Burdick or Raincock-Ekunwe can't really see #14 being able to displace any of those player let alone someone who is actually likely to make the roster.

I wouldn't be totally surprised, but let's see who you draft.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
In NY #14 has a tough road we have 12 not including Schimmel, Barbee, Alston or one of Burdick or Raincock-Ekunwe can't really see #14 being able to displace any of those player let alone someone who is actually likely to make the roster.

Originally some were putting Shayla Cooper in this range. If you were to get her, I could see her making the team. But it may be that she's moved herself further up with her play late in the year.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/06/17 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Originally some were putting Shayla Cooper in this range. If you were to get her, I could see her making the team. But it may be that she's moved herself further up with her play late in the year.

I'm assuming the thinking is that a true SF with SF size might be able to sneak into the 12th spot ahead of Burdick and Raincock-Ekunwe who I think at the moment are fighting for that 12th spot as tweener 3/4s.

10 locks ATM
Prince, Rodgers, Wright, Charles, Stokes, Boyd, Zellous, Allen, Zahui B and Vaughn with Harltley looking pretty secure as well unless Schimmel, Barbee, or Alston displace her, and the 12 spot going to someone who can play SF (Burdick, RainCock-Ekunwe or maybe someone we draft at 14.) It might not be totally out of the question for a PG drafted at 14 (Allen, Romero, Jankoska) to bump Harltey or Boyd but I don't see it.

What about #14 and Schimmel for K. Hampton? Any Lib or Minny fans who would do this?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/06/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Actually, it wasn't that long ago, and you can only fit so many people into the first round.

Originally, draftsite.com had her Cooper at #9. That seemed high then, and then she got benched mid-season and tumble, tumble, tumble. #14 seems about right for Cooper, but there's still time to move a little bit either way.

Now Alexis Prince.... there's somebody who has improved their stock.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/06/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, there is a lot of need for SF, so I think players like Coffey, Prince, Cooper may move up higher. I like McCall, but really I would take Coffey and Cooper at least ahead of her...and maybe Prince as well.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Shades"][quote="myrtle"][quote="Shades"]
J-Spoon wrote:

Now Alexis Prince.... there's somebody who has improved their stock.

Now dont go giving away our secret weapon here in dallas. We have dibs on prince in the draft #RegionalRules 😁

PostPosted: 03/07/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 WNBA Mock Draft: Pre-NCAA Tournament Edition

http://www.herosports.com/wnba-draft/womens-basketball-pre-ncaa-tournament-2017-wnba-mock-draft-caca

Quote:
University of Tennessee guard Diamond DeShields is almost universally projected to be the WNBA's No. 1 pick in April, a pick that belongs to the San Antonio Stars.

Quote:
Normally, I would go with reality over speculation and not assume DeShields is going pro until she confirms it. But this is a mock draft; speculation is kind of the whole point.

That said, here is how I see the first round of the 2017 WNBA Draft playing out:

1. SAN ANTONIO STARS DIAMOND DESHIELDS, G TENNESSEE

2. CHICAGO SKY (VIA WAS) KELSEY PLUM, G WASHINGTON

3. DALLAS WINGS ALAINA COATES, C SOUTH CAROLINA

4. DALLAS WINGS (VIA LAS VIA CON) ALEXIS PETERSON, G SYRACUSE

5. SAN ANTONIO STARS (VIA PHO) NIA COFFEY, F NORTHWESTERN

6. WASHINGTON MYSTICS (VIA SEA) BRIONNA JONES, C MARYLAND

7. ATLANTA DREAM KELSEY MITCHELL, G OHIO STATE

8. CONNECTICUT SUN (VIA IND) ALEXIS JONES, G BAYLOR

9. CHICAGO SKY CHANTEL OSAHOR, F/C WASHINGTON

10. DALLAS WINGS (VIA NYL) SHATORI WALKER-KIMBROUGH, G MARYLAND

11. LOS ANGELES SPARKS (VIA DAL VIA LAS) MERCEDES RUSSELL, C TENNESSEE

12. MINNESOTA LYNX TORI JANKOSKA, G MICHIGAN STATE

Other than being more sensible about Alexis Peterson (except too high) and Brionna Jones, and less sensible about Kelsey Mitchell , seems a lot like the Megdal mock draft.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/07/17 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love that mock!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 41 of 73

Jump to: