RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

And its Official Time for the 2017 Hot Seat ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 03/04/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
Auburn lost to a bad Georgia team for the second time in as many weeks. The mood in the stands is not good. Time will tell.

That Georgia team isn't that bad. Joni Taylor is doing a pretty decent job for being only in her second season. She's brought in some good players. Caliya Robinson is killer!

They will be good in the years to come, especially with the recruiting class she has coming in, but they were downright atrocious at times this year. They finished 16-15 and didn't beat a ranked opponent all year.

In addition to that, Georgia is one of Auburn's primary rivals. Auburn's campus is approx 30 miles from the Georgia state line and the two have a long history.

You talk like I didn't know that. I lived 40 miles from Knoxville for 35 years and have been a Lady Vols fan since 1975. I think I know my SEC. Rolling Eyes

LOL - good point. My bad... you changed your avatar and I forgot who I was replying to. LOL

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/04/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
PlayBally'all wrote:
Auburn lost to a bad Georgia team for the second time in as many weeks. The mood in the stands is not good. Time will tell.

That Georgia team isn't that bad. Joni Taylor is doing a pretty decent job for being only in her second season. She's brought in some good players. Caliya Robinson is killer!

They will be good in the years to come, especially with the recruiting class she has coming in, but they were downright atrocious at times this year. They finished 16-15 and didn't beat a ranked opponent all year.

In addition to that, Georgia is one of Auburn's primary rivals. Auburn's campus is approx 30 miles from the Georgia state line and the two have a long history.

You talk like I didn't know that. I lived 40 miles from Knoxville for 35 years and have been a Lady Vols fan since 1975. I think I know my SEC. Rolling Eyes

LOL - good point. My bad... you changed your avatar and I forgot who I was replying to. LOL

I changed my avatar sort of because I now live in the Shenandoah and have season tickets for JMU WBB and love the Dukes. It's not that I love my Lady Vols any less, but I don't get to see them in person any more. Rebkell won't let us have dual avatars. Now if I could figure out how to make one that embraced both, I would, but I'm not the house geek Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/05/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep an eye out at Xavier. Coach Brian Neal may be soon be on the hot seat if he isn't already. The team went a disappointing 12-18 this year with three senior starters.

While I admit that he didn't inherit a great situation (Amy Waugh sudden resignation), this was his 4th year as head coach, and this season was a big step backwards. The calls for him to be replaced is definitely getting louder.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, and Xavier doesn't seem to have much coming down the pike, though I don't know about their recruiting. Most of the rest of the conference either has solid players in house or has freshmen with potential, but I don't see that with Xavier.

(now with spelling variations)
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Yeah, and Xavier doesn't seem to have much coming down the pike, though I don't know about their recruiting. Most of the rest of the conference either has solid players in house or has freshmen with potential, but I don't see that with Xavier.

I was thinking about this today with Butler as they put up a pretty good fight against Creighton. They were one of the worst teams in the BE but they are pretty young - Schickel is their star player who is only a sophomore. They had no seniors and I believe Kristin Spolyar was a talented frosh for them who got hurt this year. I think they will be a lot better next season. And I bring up Butler this year as they were close to Xavier in this year's standings but Xavier doesn't have nearly the promise that Butler does.

I have also seen people question Jamelle Elliiott at University of Cincinnati but I just question how much either school cares about Women's Basketball and wonder if either school will make a move. I grew up in Cincy and still have family there - still don't see a lot of support for women's sports there.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

They can always have Balcomb back! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 03/06/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

lol. This was actually brought up on one of the Xavier boards. My response: Uh... no thanks. Been there, done that.

snowstormxu

PostPosted: 03/06/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I was thinking about this today with Butler as they put up a pretty good fight against Creighton. They were one of the worst teams in the BE but they are pretty young - Schickel is their star player who is only a sophomore. They had no seniors and I believe Kristin Spolyar was a talented frosh for them who got hurt this year. I think they will be a lot better next season. And I bring up Butler this year as they were close to Xavier in this year's standings but Xavier doesn't have nearly the promise that Butler does.

This is what bothers me most. Next year's class looks good on paper and from things I've read, but I've said that before.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/06/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snowstormxu wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

lol. This was actually brought up on one of the Xavier boards. My response: Uh... no thanks. Been there, done that.

Hey, she had her best days there! That's why Vandy hired her away, more to their sorrow.

PostPosted: 03/06/17 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
snowstormxu wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Hey, she had her best days there! That's why Vandy hired her away, more to their sorrow.

How often does coaches get second (or even third) chances from the same school? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/06/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
snowstormxu wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

How often does coaches get second (or even third) chances from the same school? Rolling Eyes

It's happened a lot of times in college football.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_head_coaches_with_non-consecutive_tenure#

I'm sure it's happened in basketball too but I can't think of any right now.

PlayBally'all

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
snowstormxu wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I think its a little different situation where a coach left on his or her own accord to accept another position. In most of those instances, the coach left for a step up to another program. I don't count that as a "chance" necessarily.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/06/17 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PlayBally'all wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
snowstormxu wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I think its a little different situation where a coach left on his or her own accord to accept another position. In most of those instances, the coach left for a step up to another program. I don't count that as a "chance" necessarily.

Didn't Kevin Borseth go back to UWGB after leaving for Michigan?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/07/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He did. and resumed at GB right where he left off. On the other hand, Matt Bollant, who IIRC replaced Borseth at GB, left for Illinois, and the less said about that the better.

PostPosted: 03/07/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree that Xavier is/should be on the hot seat. Nothing coming down the pike. Neil was not handed this job when it was in a good situation either. Both Xavier and UC are not good and both need a new direction.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/07/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
I agree that Xavier is/should be on the hot seat. Nothing coming down the pike. Neil was not handed this job when it was in a good situation either. Both Xavier and UC are not good and both need a new direction.

Well, since they already fired their coach.....

PostPosted: 03/09/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Adell Harris at UNCW might be feeling a warm chair. Five years and the highest finish has been fifth in the CAA, and that with a bunch of youngsters. They finished last in the CAA this year and just took a 52-27 drubbing at the hands of (mostly) JMU's second string today. She had a few good players, but they couldn't manage a team effort.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: