RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East Quarterfinals - 03/05/17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 9:07 am    ::: Big East Quarterfinals - 03/05/17 Reply Reply with quote

All of the Big East quarterfinals from the Al McGuire Center in Milwaukee will be televised on FS2 today and available online at https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

The games are:

(2) Creighton vs. (10) Butler - 1P EST

(3) Marquette vs. (6) Georgetown - 3:30P EST

(1) DePaul vs. (Cool Seton Hall - 7P EST

(4) Villanova vs. (5) St. John's - 9:30P EST

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Butler hung in there for awhile and led by 2 at halftime but Creighton pulled away in the second half and they win this one 64-55.

They will play the winner of Marquette-Georgetown in tomorrow's first semifinal game.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette wins this one 80-66 and will play Creighton tomorrow in the BET semifinals.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew Seton Hall was not good this year, but I didn't think they were this not-good.

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I knew Seton Hall was not good this year, but I didn't think they were this not-good.

DePaul especially with Jessica January back is going to beat up on a lot of teams though.

I wish the St. John's-Villanova game had been first tonight - I would have been more likely to go tonight in person if it had been. I had no desire to watch DePaul beat up on Seton Hall and an 8:30P start time is too late for this old person on a work night Smile.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme has DePaul as a 4 seed now. This is going to be a dangerous out on their home court.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Creme has DePaul as a 4 seed now. This is going to be a dangerous out on their home court.

I agree and especially with Jessica January back playing for them - she had a triple-double in her second game back after missing most of the Big East season. I hope they get to host in the NCAA's although I wouldn't mind seeing Marquette win the BET of course Smile. But realistically I don't know if Marquette can beat Creighton tomorrow and even if they do, the chances of beating DePaul a third time this season (if they meet in the final) are pretty slim.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/17 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

What makes you say that? Wink

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: