zune69

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Quote:
Chris AnsteyVerified account
‏@ChrisAnstey13

Likely already been discussed, but hearing that Sandy Brondello soon to be confirmed by @BasketballAus as Opals coach

Liz Cambage package for Griner or Cambage package for Bonner.

Griner/Cambage at PF/C.....would this work ?

Griner/Bonner for Cambage/ Johnson

Done deal,if you're dallas....however,i'm sure the mercury front office would reject this trade proposal.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/27/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, shockingly giving up their star young center and key perimeter wing, also the two most important defenders on their roster, for a flaky center who might show up one year in four and an overrated headcase forward wouldn't be all that even.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Giving up Griner and Bonner for Johnson and Cambage would not be a very good decision.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/27/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Frankly, giving up Griner probably wouldn't be the best idea anyway.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Frankly, giving up Griner probably wouldn't be the best idea anyway.

Maybe theyre not giving her up yet being forced at hand ? Seems to be the trend in the W lately . Griner to Dallas for Johnson or to SAN w/Additions of plum & Or Mitchell could be scary. Doubt San could get away with keeping the #1 pick if Griner was in discussion though.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where did the idea that Phoenix is trading Griner even come from? I assume not from any real evidence?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Where did the idea that Phoenix is trading Griner even come from? I assume not from any real evidence?

People think that after EDD's situation that every player wants to play near home now Rolling Eyes

Griner plays in freaking Russia in the offseason.. Her situation is a lot different then EDD's..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

People think that after EDD's situation that every player wants to play near home now Rolling Eyes

Griner plays in freaking Russia in the offseason.. Her situation is a lot different then EDD's..

So Did Toliver..... Cool

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Usual thing that happens when a star RFA takes a while to re-sign. Leads to speculation that something is going on, rather than just a lack of anxiety to get the deal done because both sides know she's staying on the max.

PostPosted: 02/28/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

So Did Toliver..... Cool

Toliver has been in the league for 8 years compared to EDD's and Griner s 4 years.. Big difference IMO

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune

PostPosted: 02/28/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

And if anyone has read Brit's book you know she didn;t exactly have a great childhood, so what exactly would she be homesick for?

PostPosted: 02/28/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner being closer to her family would be the #1 reason for wanting to a play for Dallas/SA.Being closer to a mother who has battled mental illness.Improving the relationship with her father.Griner is a self-described "daddy’s girl".Being closer to her 3 siblings.Being bullied didn't stop Brittney from attending Baylor.

Houston to Baylor:182 miles
Houston to SA:197 miles
Houston to Dallas:239 miles

When Brittney signs on the dotted line with phoenix,i'll shut the hell up.But until then,Griner is a FA,and Bonner/Bone have yet to sign contracts.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/28/17 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/28/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Griner being closer to her family would be the #1 reason for wanting to a play for Dallas/SA.Being closer to a mother who has battled mental illness.Improving the relationship with her father.Griner is a self-described "daddy’s girl".Being closer to her 3 siblings.Being bullied didn't stop Brittney from attending Baylor.

Houston to Baylor:182 miles
Houston to SA:197 miles
Houston to Dallas:239 miles

When Brittney signs on the dotted line with phoenix,i'll shut they hell up.But until then,Griner is a FA,and Bonner/Bone have yet to sign contracts.

2nd...

PostPosted: 02/28/17 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
caune wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Mercury fans should wait until Griner's name is on a contract before they start penciling her in as the starting center.As i've already mentioned,Griner asking for a trade to dallas isn't so far-fetched.

Where in the heck are all these tidbits coming from?
DeWanna is sitting out. DeWanna is having a baby.
Now Brittney wants to be traded...to the team her ex plays for? So many rumors I really can't keep up :O

Never fear - Griner's already stated she's going to return and just hasn't sat down yet to talk numbers. We saw something similar with Nneka and Maya. As for Dewanna sitting out, I think having her completely off the web page where she wasn't last year even when cored was whay convinced me the rumors were true.

There are no numbers to discuss with Griner. Max is Max.
And Dewannna isn't off the web page..
http://mercury.wnba.com/roster/

I was merely paraphrasing Griner's own statement. And Penny Taylor and Mistie Bass are still on the roster too. They have never removed players off the roster until there is either a waiving, a trade, a signing or the team officially reports its training camp roster.

caune

PostPosted: 02/28/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

When Brittney signs on the dotted line with phoenix,i'll shut the hell up.But until then,Griner is a FA,and Bonner/Bone have yet to sign contracts.

Brit is an RFA, not Free, Restricted.

PostPosted: 02/28/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How the hell did the possibility of Brondello getting the Opals job, turn into nonsensical trade speculation?

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/28/17 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
How the hell did the possibility of Brondello getting the Opals job, turn into nonsensical trade speculation?

Mercury free for all. Y'all aren't supposed to get the thread *itself* drunk, you know. Wink

PostPosted: 03/01/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Brit is an RFA, not Free, Restricted.

A unsigned RFA.....

Do I believe Griner will demand a sign & trade to dallas/SA ? No.....but it's still a possibility.Taurasi's not getting any younger,Taylor just retired,Dupree was traded,Bonner's future with phoenix is up in the air,and as i've mentioned before,Griner's mother would be the #1 factor in her playing closer to home.So many star players have demanded trades or signed with teams that were in close proximity to their hometown for a variety of reasons.

caune

PostPosted: 03/01/17 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
mb1 wrote:

Mercury free for all. Y'all aren't supposed to get the thread *itself* drunk, you know. Wink

Apparently all sorts of rebkellians have jumped on the Brigades "drink liberally" band wagon lol

PostPosted: 03/05/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 Phoenix Mercury Pre-Training Camp Roster:

PG: DANIELLE ROBINSON, LEILANI MITCHELL, Yvonne Turner
SG: DIANA TAURASI, Marta Xargay, Shay Murphy, Alex Harden
SF: DEWANNA BONNER, Sonja Petrovic, Stephanie Talbot
PF: CAMILLE LITTLE, KELSEY BONE, Emma Cannon
C: BRITTNEY GRINER, CAYLA GEORGE, Jillian Allene

CAPITALIZED NAMES ARE LOCKS.

Final roster will have 11 or 12 players.

Xargay and Petrovic could arrive late. Will they both return?

Sixteen names above, so four or five names above will not be on the final roster.

Suspect some signings were only for training camp.

Guessing Harden is a long shot to remain on the roster.

Lots of speculation regarding Bonner.

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/06/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any news on whats taking so long for Bone & Bonner to come aboard ? I really think we have seen the last of bonner in a Merc uniform .

PostPosted: 03/08/17 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

Now Brittney wants to be traded...to the team her ex plays for? So many rumors I really can't keep up :O

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
caune wrote:

hopefully the 3rd guess comes true also Smile #Wings

PostPosted: 03/08/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
caune wrote:

hopefully the 3rd guess comes true also Smile #Wings

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/08/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: