RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Time for an outrageous prediction about the future of the W

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/26/17 7:53 pm    ::: Time for an outrageous prediction about the future of the W Reply Reply with quote

I predict....

That Kobe Bryant will be a big supporter of and force within the W with possible franchise ownership. Kobe has shown interest in W players and has been supportive. The main reasons for my prediction is because Kobe is doggedly ultra-competitive. Any offspring of his will be encouraged to be ultra-competitive. Since, at this point, he has all girls it's a natural progression.
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:17 am    ::: Re: Time for an outrageous prediction about the future of th Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I predict....

That Kobe Bryant will be a big supporter of and force within the W with possible franchise ownership. Kobe has shown interest in W players and has been supportive. The main reasons for my prediction is because Kobe is doggedly ultra-competitive. Any offspring of his will be encouraged to be ultra-competitive. Since, at this point, he has all girls it's a natural progression.

Kobe by name...who knows tho he'd be high on the list...Remember his Dad did coach the Sparks not once but twice and he does have a close friendship with Banham so this is not crazy talk at all.

but where this prediction makes sense is in that NBA players and male ballers across the board not only have embraced WBB they are quickly becoming ardent supporters and defenders.

Compare/contrast to even 10 years ago where you still had WBB takes away from the men bs...now I see Men's players attending games, getting very involved with the games even going to WBB games just to see some ball (Lib games on Friday nights feel like an HS football game. A lot of HS and college ballers of both genders and all skill levels attending with their coaches and really getting loud (but knowledgable) it's been a breath of fresh air...something I urged Bernert to market more heavily it has that air of Friday Night Lights)

And this is not just...ok I got a good field to catch myself a girlfriend who understands the grind of ball tho that happens and One of the biggest turnarounds of a WBB player ive seen in college DID involve dating the captain of the men's team. It's the respect, it's seeing them in the same weight rooms and practice gyms...working the same long schedules etc.

So yes a NBA star who has made the dough...I could see it...very much so at least as an investor if not as a principal owner.

Certainly and we've seen this in the past with varying results from Great (Laimbeer, M. Cooper) to So So (Winters, Kobe's Dad) to disasters (Michael Adams, Dee Brown) I do think when this generation of NBA stars retires you will see more on the sidelines and in Front Office jobs...and I do think team ownership by former NBA players will happen...just cant put a name on it just yet...its a good prediction as I do think as this new generation of player develops, that the Basketball Community will grow WBB...but we're not there yet although much closer than ever before.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:34 pm    ::: Re: Time for an outrageous prediction about the future of th Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
I predict....

Kobe by name...who knows tho he'd be high on the list...Remember his Dad did coach the Sparks not once but twice and he does have a close friendship with Banham so this is not crazy talk at all.

but where this prediction makes sense is in that NBA players and male ballers across the board not only have embraced WBB they are quickly becoming ardent supporters and defenders.

Compare/contrast to even 10 years ago where you still had WBB takes away from the men bs...now I see Men's players attending games, getting very involved with the games even going to WBB games just to see some ball (Lib games on Friday nights feel like an HS football game. A lot of HS and college ballers of both genders and all skill levels attending with their coaches and really getting loud (but knowledgable) it's been a breath of fresh air...something I urged Bernert to market more heavily it has that air of Friday Night Lights)

And this is not just...ok I got a good field to catch myself a girlfriend who understands the grind of ball tho that happens and One of the biggest turnarounds of a WBB player ive seen in college DID involve dating the captain of the men's team. It's the respect, it's seeing them in the same weight rooms and practice gyms...working the same long schedules etc.

So yes a NBA star who has made the dough...I could see it...very much so at least as an investor if not as a principal owner.

Certainly and we've seen this in the past with varying results from Great (Laimbeer, M. Cooper) to So So (Winters, Kobe's Dad) to disasters (Michael Adams, Dee Brown) I do think when this generation of NBA stars retires you will see more on the sidelines and in Front Office jobs...and I do think team ownership by former NBA players will happen...just cant put a name on it just yet...its a good prediction as I do think as this new generation of player develops, that the Basketball Community will grow WBB...but we're not there yet although much closer than ever before.

Magic's got the Sparks covered. Does Kobe live in L.A.? Or have a connection with another geographical area or team? I do love the idea of NBA mega $$ dudes putting some of their $$ into the W. "It's all about their daughters."

~rAf
hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/27/17 11:18 pm    ::: Re: Time for an outrageous prediction about the future of th Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Magic's got the Sparks covered. Does Kobe live in L.A.? Or have a connection with another geographical area or team? I do love the idea of NBA mega $$ dudes putting some of their $$ into the W. "It's all about their daughters."

Kobe grew up in Italy but he is originally from Philadelphia. Sooooo...maybe there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: