Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 02/08/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
toad455 wrote:
It's only Young, Copper & Laney fighting for the SF spots. I'll be interesting to know who they're looking at drafting with the #2 pick. I'd assuming someone like DeShields. Right now the Sky look like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/#2 pick
SF: Young/Copper/Laney
PF: Dolson/Breland/dos Santos
C: Boyette/Parker

I would have Laney as the backup to Young at the beginning of the season with the intention to start her before half the season is over.

I also forgot about the #9 pick. Who do they take? Best available? A post to compete against dos Santos & Parker? Which two players are the final cuts?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/08/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
toad455 wrote:
It's only Young, Copper & Laney fighting for the SF spots. I'll be interesting to know who they're looking at drafting with the #2 pick. I'd assuming someone like DeShields. Right now the Sky look like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/#2 pick
SF: Young/Copper/Laney
PF: Dolson/Breland/dos Santos
C: Boyette/Parker

I would have Laney as the backup to Young at the beginning of the season with the intention to start her before half the season is over.

I also forgot about the #9 pick. Who do they take? Best available? A post to compete against dos Santos & Parker? Which two players are the final cuts?

Good question; I would draft to replace dos Santos

UK1996

PostPosted: 02/08/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dos Santos has shown more than Parker. Parker just has more potential.

PostPosted: 02/08/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Dos Santos has shown more than Parker. Parker just has more potential.

Thats why I a thinking 2 to 3 yrs from this year.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/23/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not looking good for Laney. She had a setback recently and we're looking at a 6-8 week recovery.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky trade dos Santos to SAS for Ndour

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Sky win this trade. I see a bigger ceiling for Ndour . She had a great showing for spain last summer.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen enough of N'Dour to decide whether I like this trade or not. I did like Dos Santos. She was undersized but had a lot of hustle and energy.

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Breland/N'Dour/Parker or #9
Boyette/Dolson

PostPosted: 02/27/17 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I haven't seen enough of N'Dour to decide whether I like this trade or not. I did like Dos Santos. She was undersized but had a lot of hustle and energy.

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Dolson

I think Ndour will give them more a finesse PF. She can step out and knock down mid-range jumpers something Dos Santos was not great at .

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Is this a joke?

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Dolson

I think Ndour will give them more a finesse PF. She can step out and knock down mid-range jumpers something Dos Santos was not great at .

Problem is that Ndour has fallen in love with her outside shot and 3pointshot even when its not falling. She will have to choose her shots more carefully in the wnba. She is also a big step down defensively from Dos Santos. Very soft and im not convinced that she can guard stronger PF's on a nightly basis. She might be the best suited for max 10-15 min off the bench

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Dolson

Problem is that Ndour has fallen in love with her outside shot and 3pointshot even when its not falling. She will have to choose her shots more carefully in the wnba. She is also a big step down defensively from Dos Santos. Very soft and im not convinced that she can guard stronger PF's on a nightly basis. She might be the best suited for max 10-15 min off the bench

which is not that different from Dos Santos. I do like Dos Santos though, she's fun to watch. Ms. Hustle. And as I suspected, she probably prefers to be on a roster with her countrywoman.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley/#2
Copper/Young/Laney
Boyette/Dolson

which is not that different from Dos Santos. I do like Dos Santos though, she's fun to watch. Ms. Hustle. And as I suspected, she probably prefers to be on a roster with her countrywoman.

Tbh i liked how Dos Santos played for the Sky. She could/should of gotten more minutes. Her defensive versatility will be missed

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/27/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple of things here...

First of all, I'm a huge dos Santos fan. She was the best post player on the team (albeit not saying much) in 2015 and thought she got jobbed last season in which she was essentially tossed aside in favor of Boyette's and Parker's development. She's very versatile defensively and will outwork just about anyone, as people hopefully saw in the past Olympics and right now in Euroleague.

HOWEVER

Offensively she's limited. Ndour has a much higher ceiling and the Sky needed at least one F/C who can stretch defenses beyond the 3pt line. Yes, she needs to put on weight, but if Stocks knows what she has then Ndour won't be asked to battle down low very often. Plus she's still very young and has a lot of room to grow.

Of course, this is all moot if she doesn't show, but I think the trade makes sense for both teams.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/27/17 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
A couple of things here...

First of all, I'm a huge dos Santos fan. She was the best post player on the team (albeit not saying much) in 2015 and thought she got jobbed last season in which she was essentially tossed aside in favor of Boyette's and Parker's development. She's very versatile defensively and will outwork just about anyone, as people hopefully saw in the past Olympics and right now in Euroleague.

HOWEVER

Offensively she's limited. Ndour has a much higher ceiling and the Sky needed at least one F/C who can stretch defenses beyond the 3pt line. Yes, she needs to put on weight, but if Stocks knows what she has then Ndour won't be asked to battle down low very often. Plus she's still very young and has a lot of room to grow.

Of course, this is all moot if she doesn't show, but I think the trade makes sense for both teams.

______×

PostPosted: 02/28/17 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel Ndour will basically act as the 5th post anyways assuming Dolson starts at PF. Parker looks like she'll be the back-up center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever

PostPosted: 03/15/17 10:25 pm    ::: New Sky center Dolson: I have to be me and play my own game Reply Reply with quote

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/new-sky-center-dolson-i-have-to-be-me-and-play-my-own-game/

Quote:
Dolson is a 35 percent three-point shooter in her career, and her versatility, court vision and ability to stretch opposing defenses will be used in an offense Stocks expects to be more balanced than it was in the past.

Dolson, who won a pair of national championships at Connecticut, adds another dimension to the Sky, who Stocks insists got better in the trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/17 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
[Dolson] joins 6-7 Imani Boyette in the post, where Stocks envisions both being on the floor at the same time.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/16/17 3:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Dolson/Boyette front-court will work and with Breland as the first post off the bench you can mix and match pretty easily based on match ups.

Sloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/#2 Deshields, Mitchell or Plum/Quigley
Young/Copper
Dolson/Breland/N'Dour
Boyette/Parker

For a team that just lost it's franchise player I think the SKY look pretty good.

Unless there is a trade I don't see #9 making the team. It looks pretty bad for Laney as well.
#9 for a 2018 2nd round pick isn't a bad idea if someone is willing to make it, 18 is so deep that a number of second rounders are still going to be able to make a roster.

How the front-court can work on the defensive end against the other teams;

Minn Boyette on Fowles Dolson on Brunson
NY Boyette on Charles Dolson on Vaughn, Stoke or Zauhi B.
LA Boyette OK LA will be hard but that is true for any team trying to guard Parker and N. Ogwumike this one will be better with Breland starting
Seattle Boyette on Stewart Dolson on Swords
Washington OK guarding EDD and Messeman will also be a challenge I guess Boyettte n EDD Dolson on Meesseman
PX Boyette on Griner Dolson on Little
Dallas Boyette on GloJo Dolson on Paris
Atl Boyette on Williams Dolson on other
Indy Boyette on Dupree Dolson on Larkins
SA and Conn TBD based on who they start at C and PF

My point is that it is very doable on the defensive end except for the front-court combos in LA and Washington that everyone will struggle with.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 03/16/17 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think the Dolson/Boyette front-court will work and with Breland as the first post off the bench you can mix and match pretty easily based on match ups.

Sloot/Faulkner
Young/Copper
Dolson/Breland/N'Dour
Boyette/Parker

For a team that just lost it's franchise player I think the SKY look pretty good.

Unless there is a trade I don't see #9 making the team. It looks pretty bad for Laney as well.
#9 for a 2018 2nd round pick isn't a bad idea if someone is willing to make it, 18 is so deep that a number of second rounders are still going to be able to make a roster.

LA Boyette OK LA will be hard but that is true for any team trying to guard Parker and N. Ogwumike this one will be better with Breland starting
Washington OK guarding EDD and Messeman will also be a challenge I guess Boyettte n EDD Dolson on Meesseman

My point is that it is very doable on the defensive end except for the front-court combos in LA and Washington that everyone will struggle with.

I've said that from day one, that the Sky look better after the trade. Dolson isn't as flashy as EDD in scoring, but the team has other scorers that will step up. What Dolson is, is a much better defender and team player than EDD ever was. Dolson is the type that puts team first, unlike EDD who was all ME first since day one. Plus they get a top lottery pick in the process. Only issue is that for now on, the Sky need to keep players from walking out on them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sloot/Faulkner
Young/Copper
Dolson/Breland/N'Dour
Boyette/Parker

I've said that from day one, that the Sky look better after the trade. Dolson isn't as flashy as EDD in scoring, but the team has other scorers that will step up. What Dolson is, is a much better defender and team player than EDD ever was. Dolson is the type that puts team first, unlike EDD who was all ME first since day one. Plus they get a top lottery pick in the process. Only issue is that for now on, the Sky need to keep players from walking out on them.

Woahhhh Are we jaded or nah . ? I feel your pain my friend , i was once apart of the SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD . But ive realized EDD"s game was bigger than just chicago .

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sloot/Faulkner
Young/Copper
Dolson/Breland/N'Dour
Boyette/Parker

Woahhhh Are we jaded or nah . ? I feel your pain my friend , i was once apart of the SQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD . But ive realized EDD"s game was bigger than just chicago .

Not jaded at all. I'm not a Sky fan or an EDD fan. I don't care one way or the other about Chicago or anything involved. Im just telling it like it is about EDD.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/16/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sloot/Faulkner
Young/Copper
Dolson/Breland/N'Dour
Boyette/Parker

Yeah, I have no clue what Ay Mate is talking about but EDD was a main contributor in all of the Sky's playoff berths. Regardless of you personally feel about her, you can't deny her on the court contributions and in the community.

PostPosted: 03/16/17 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
[Dolson] joins 6-7 Imani Boyette in the post, where Stocks envisions both being on the floor at the same time.

Of course,chicago management has no choice but to put on a good face after they reluctantly acquired Dolson via trade demand.

Shaking my head at some of you believing Dolson should start at pf over Breland.Just because Dolson can hit a three point shot every once in a blue moon doesn't make up for:

1.Poor transition defense
2.Poor floor spacing
3.Getting beat off the dribble by faster,quicker,more agile post players
4.Lack of offensive rebounding with Dolson playing farther away from the basket.

Breland at the very least is Dolson's equal on offense.But she has the added advantage of being a faster more mobile defender.Whatever Dolson gives you on offense isn't enough to justify starting her over Breland.Can Dolson & Boyette coexist playing Limited minutes ? Yes...extended minutes ? No.If chicago chooses to start Dolson at pf they'll get exposed on both sides of the ball by teams with athletic/mobile pf's(LA,Wash,Sea,etc...)

Chicago has playoff talent.But they'll need to put the right combinations on the floor.

Last edited by zune69 on 03/18/17 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 03/16/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question with that projected lineup is where the scoring will come from. The only proven scorer is Cappie Pondexter, who is not the dynamic offensive threat she once was. CVS is primarily a point guard, Young is an inconsistent shooter (though she was much better last year), and Dolson and Boyette will be lucky to combine for 20 a game.

And though Young and Boyette are plus defenders, the Sky are still going to need to be able to score to win, and I don't see the source for the necessary points.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 7 of 28

Jump to: