3 team trade; Dupree to IND, Kizer to CON, Little to PHX
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/22/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
The one thing I don't get from this is that I thought each team was supposed to have a 1st or 2nd rounder but I only see Phoenix with a 3rd. Did I miss one?

Good point. I'm seeing the same thing. Maybe there's a missing piece. Or another trade coming.

Apparently that rule may have been rescinded back at the Board of Governers meeting before free agency began. It always seemed a little arbitrary, and sometimes made trades more complicated if a team had made a small deal giving up their 2nd, then wanted to do something bigger involving their first.

That would make sense since the rule always seemed unnecessary. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone just forgot. Wink Seriously, the league is somewhat loosey-goosey with their rules -- like you can't trade an RFA after her offer sheet is matched, but you can if she gives you permission. Or you can't have more than 15 players in training camp, but you really can as long as there are never more than 15 at one time. And that's official players. Remember Crystal Bradford walking around in uniform and somehow not being counted as present in Sparks camp? Maybe a team just needs to have a 1st or 2nd Round pick by draft day. That would give Phoenix a few weeks to become compliant. With the status of Bonner and Bone still up in the air, it would be pretty easy to imagine a deal including the needed pick. If all else fails, they can probably auction off a bench player for a second rounder.

But you're right, getting rid of that rule is most likely what happened.

PostPosted: 02/22/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmm ... Sugar for Bonner (plus minor shuffles).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: