2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
other
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:40 am    ::: Who won the trade? Reply Reply with quote

Indiana gets Candice Dupree & the #17 pick, loses Lynetta Kizer & the #8 pick.
Connecticut gets Lynetta Kizer & the #8 pick, loses Camille Little & Jillian Alleyne.
Phoenix gets Camille Little & Jillian Alleyne, loses Candice Dupree & the #17 pick.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty easy to say. Sun win this trade. If they hadnt cored Little she would have walked for nothing.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 02/22/17 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut,unless indy makes a trade for a center.

fanaticka

PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun easily. They only really lost Camille Little since Jillian Alleyne was injured and missed the entire season. She never played a game with the Sun.

These players are most likely a lock...
PG - J Thomas/Banham
SG - Bentley/Williams
SF - A Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
PF - Jones/Gray/Ogwumike (injured)
C - Kizer
This only leaves 1 spot left. Is Chiney counting towards the roster again this season? Probably. Stricklen can switch to the #2 spot if needed I guess.

They need a backup center the most (Hamson or Pedersen?)
They need another guard (Faris, Hightower, Torrens if she ever decides to come?)

How much of a guarantee is it that Reshanda Gray makes the roster? Stricklen is still under contract I think, so I think she makes the final roster.

All these players also have to compete against the 8th draft pick for that final spot. Who is projected to go 8th in the draft?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fanaticka wrote:
I go with Phoenix, unless Bonner decides to sit as a result. Dupree was so uninterested last year. If Bonner sits out, the trade is a debacle for Phoenix.

Rumor has it that Bonner is sitting out 2017 for a personal reason.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Hamson as the back-up center. The #8 pick should be a post to fill in until Ogwumike returns.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/22/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:

Shopping for a new Sherman? Wink

(now with spelling variations)
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/22/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't get your reference. Lol

Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:

PHX is tanking seems to be the implication.

But they did score Robinson though, so it shows some kind of win-now effort.

Isn't AZ a very conservative demographic, so maybe they didn't like a openly married teammates situation? Grasping for a theory here, because I don't believe Little is worth getting rid of a proven Dupree (especially at the risk of losing Bonner), and Dupree said she was surprised she didn't retire a Mercury so it's not like she requested a trade.

I know there was Taurasi/Taylor coupling, but they were very private as far as I could see.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix tanking will only be clear if Griner sits out this season, too. Otherwise Phoenix with Griner, Taurasi, etc. will still be better than Dallas, San Antonio, Connecticut & Atlanta.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/22/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Phoenix tanking will only be clear if Griner sits out this season, too. Otherwise Phoenix with Griner, Taurasi, etc. will still be better than Dallas, San Antonio, Connecticut & Atlanta.

Yeah the combination of Griner, DT and Drob will still be better then some other teams

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
shontay33

PostPosted: 02/22/17 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will judge who wins the trade a few games into the season because teams still have to gel.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 02/25/17 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
fanaticka wrote:

PHX is tanking seems to be the implication.

But they did score Robinson though, so it shows some kind of win-now effort.

Isn't AZ a very conservative demographic, so maybe they didn't like a openly married teammates situation? Grasping for a theory here, because I don't believe Little is worth getting rid of a proven Dupree (especially at the risk of losing Bonner), and Dupree said she was surprised she didn't retire a Mercury so it's not like she requested a trade.

I know there was Taurasi/Taylor coupling, but they were very private as far as I could see.

Like the Griner/Johnson story had no media coverage. Granted, they weren't on the same team but the key thing in that theory is "conservative demographics". Something I do not believe is a problem for Phoenix. If Phoenix had a problem with openly or even closed relationships, there would have been changes long before this season.

IMO, Phoenix needed to shake up the inside and Griner wasn't an option for trade. Dupree was the default. In order for all these trades to be good for Phoenix they will need to see solid production out of Bone and Little as well as DROB. What I see Phoenix trying to do is make themselves stronger defensively and, who knows, might work in their favor. If Bonner sits out, I don't think it would have anything to do with this trade. I don't think she has played overseas this season and maybe she just needs a rest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: