RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

3 team trade; Dupree to IND, Kizer to CON, Little to PHX
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:07 pm    ::: 3 team trade; Dupree to IND, Kizer to CON, Little to PHX Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Fever have acquired five-time WNBA All-Star Candice Dupree in a three-team trade involving the Phoenix Mercury and Connecticut Sun, as announced by Fever President and General Manager Kelly Krauskopf. From the Mercury, Indiana receives Dupree and a second-round draft pick (No. 17 overall) in the 2017 WNBA Draft. Indiana sends Lynetta Kizer and the Fever’s first-round draft pick (No. 8 overall) to Connecticut. Capping the transaction, Connecticut trades Camille Little and Jillian Aleyne to Phoenix.

Last edited by sigur3 on 02/21/17 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:16 pm    ::: Re: 3 team trade; Dupree to Indiana Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Fever have acquired five-time WNBA All-Star Candice Dupree in a three-team trade involving the Phoenix Mercury and Connecticut Sun, as announced by Fever President and General Manager Kelly Krauskopf. From the Mercury, Indiana receives Dupree and a second-round draft pick (No. 17 overall) in the 2017 WNBA Draft. Indiana sends Lynetta Kizer and the Fever’s first-round draft pick (No. 8 overall) to Connecticut. Capping the transaction, Connecticut trades Camille Little and Jillian Aleyne to Phoenix.

I don't love giving up Kizer, but I love getting Dupree. I think that is a fantastic trade for Indiana. Even though her last season wasn't quite up to par for her, it was still very good and certainly better than what Indiana would get for the No. 8 pick.

I also wonder what this means, if anything, for Bonner.

defenseallday

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury get better defensively without losing a ton of offense.

Sun have to tank anyway so why not reach for a diamond in the rough at number 8 .

Indiana had a serious hole at the 4 spot.

Nice trade all around if Bonner (Dupree's wife ) doesn't take it personally .

braveniler58

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going to miss Dupree Sad

Little and Alleyne isn't too bad of a return though...

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever gets: Dupree +#17
Sun gets: Kizer +#8
Mercury gets: Little + Alleyne

Alleyne gets tossed back to the original team that drafted her. Razz
I like Kizer. I actually think CON may have won this trade. Younger player and first round pick. I knew Miller was going to trade into the first round somehow!
Dupree is no substitute for Catch but I guess you do the best that you can.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/21/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what this means for Bonner. Maybe she won't be playing this season

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/21/17 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WTF... I'd rather have Dupree. Confused

IND got a steal and CON did well to get another draft pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now PHX has to pay Little 2 years at max. There must be some underlying factor to this.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cap ramifications aside, which I am not familiar with, I like the trade for all 3 teams if all the players stay where they are. Phoenix was a little thing with post depth but took care of it by adding two players for one. Alleyne gives them a legitimate backup for Griner. If Little starts, she can help spread the floor with her shooting range. Not sure what the plan is for Kelsey Bone. On the surface, you wouldn't think she and Griner would be an offensive mix, but posts have diversified their games before.

Indiana has an obvious need for a scorer at the 4 spot, so this is a no-brainer for them. And Kizer fits Miller's desire for face-up scoring and he also gets a first round pick.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for now

Conn
J. Thomas/Banham
Bentley/C. Williams
A. Thomas/Tuck/Stricklen
Kizer/Gray/Pedersen
J.Jones/Hamson

feel like I'm missing someone, #8 will bump someone above, also, suspend Chiney or drop Hamson or Pedersen

Indy
January/Wheeler
T. Mitchell/Lucas
Coleman/S. Johnson
Dupree/Peters
Larkins/Ochonwa

I might be missing someone fill out with camp invites and/or waiver wire

PX
Robinson/Mitchell
Taurasi/(Xargay)/Harden
Bonner/(Petrovic)/Talbot
Little/George/Alyene
Griner/Bone

also #13 and a few camp signees the quicker Xargay and Petrovic come the better.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Dupree returns to anything like she used to be - (maybe last year there were too many distractions with marriage, relationshitp, etc...) - then I think Indy did win. However, this lineup leaves their post defense very very poor.

And I will be interested to see how Alleyne does if fully healed.

- Amanda Gorman
miller40

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really liked Kizer as a player and a person. I really wish we didn't give her up, especially for a Dupree on the downside of her career. I was not impressed with her last year and the highlight clip the Fever posted of her on Twitter were all highlights from 2015.

ETA: On the other hand, I was excited about trading Howard to Minnesota and she ended up having a quality season with them and Peters for us not so much, so maybe my gut reaction to this trade will end up having the opposite outcome too. Laughing

Last edited by miller40 on 02/21/17 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only name in this trade who is unfamiliar to me is Jillian Aleyne. Does anyone know about her?

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If Dupree returns to anything like she used to be - (maybe last year there were too many distractions with marriage, relationshitp, etc...) - then I think Indy did win. However, this lineup leaves their post defense very very poor.

That's a good point. When you look at the Dupree/Larkins combo there's very little rim protection there and Dupree is a terrible post defender. Not that Kizer was great but she's better than Dupree and a much bigger body. It couldn't have been an easy trade for Indiana to make, but I guess they felt a player like Dupree will draw some double teams and help the rest of the offense. But defensively you do have to seriously wonder.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like this move for indy at all.Undersize center with a poor defensive PF.That's a bad combination.Connecticut won this trade,unless indy makes another move for a post(Dolson)

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The one thing I don't get from this is that I thought each team was supposed to have a 1st or 2nd rounder but I only see Phoenix with a 3rd. Did I miss one?

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
The one thing I don't get from this is that I thought each team was supposed to have a 1st or 2nd rounder but I only see Phoenix with a 3rd. Did I miss one?

Good point. I'm seeing the same thing. Maybe there's a missing piece. Or another trade coming.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
The only name in this trade who is unfamiliar to me is Jillian Aleyne. Does anyone know about her?

She was a fairly highly regarded post player from Oregon.

The Merc drafted her at #20 in 2016, but she had an ACL so wouldn't be available until 2017. Probably would have been a first round pick if healthy.

Her rights became part of the trade for Bone. CWilliams + Alleyne for Bone.

Now she's back at PHX. Does CON willingness to give her up send a signal about her progress?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun did very well in this one. They cored Little who was going to walk out for free for sure if they didnt. So now they have a solid rotation player and first round pick in return for her.

Little will fit in great with the Mercury. She can spread the floor for Griner, She is a very versatile defender. Huge upgrade over Dupree defensively..
She has already good chemistry with DT so that always helps

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
myrtle wrote:

That's a good point. When you look at the Dupree/Larkins combo there's very little rim protection there and Dupree is a terrible post defender. Not that Kizer was great but she's better than Dupree and a much bigger body. It couldn't have been an easy trade for Indiana to make, but I guess they felt a player like Dupree will draw some double teams and help the rest of the offense. But defensively you do have to seriously wonder.

But then again, Pokey Chatman is the coach and GM. The Sky ranked 11th out of 12 teams in opp ppg in 2015 & 2016, so defense isn't her strong suit.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She is regarded as an active, athletic rebounder and defender,

Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

http://www.wnba.com/news/connecticut-sun-indiana-fever-phoenix-mercury-trade-candice-dupree-camille-little-lynetta-kizer/

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/21/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like that the Mercury are active, and we definitely needed an upgrade defensively.

But I won't lie, I absolutely love Dupree. I'm going to miss her.

Phoenix still needs another shooter besides Diana.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

She was a fairly highly regarded post player from Oregon.

The Merc drafted her at #20 in 2016, but she had an ACL so wouldn't be available until 2017. Probably would have been a first round pick if healthy.

Her rights became part of the trade for Bone. CWilliams + Alleyne for Bone.

Now she's back at PHX. Does CON willingness to give her up send a signal about her progress?

Alleyne was co-Pac 12 Player of the Year. Top rebounder in the history of the conference. An absolutely terrific athlete. Her injury was such a shame...the Ducks were probably a couple of wins away from the NCAAs before her injury. I hope her recovery is going well, and I'm looking forward to seeing her play again. If healthy, she can absolutely contribute in this league.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/17 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Good point. I'm seeing the same thing. Maybe there's a missing piece. Or another trade coming.

Apparently that rule may have been rescinded back at the Board of Governers meeting before free agency began. It always seemed a little arbitrary, and sometimes made trades more complicated if a team had made a small deal giving up their 2nd, then wanted to do something bigger involving their first.

PostPosted: 02/22/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bonner's picture has been taken off the header photo on the Mercury's homepage. I think she's next to go. Either she's sitting out like I heard or they're trading her too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: