RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alternate Facts from Trump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

Here's one right off the top of my head. I can gather up plenty more if you'd like but this one can whet your appetite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMZdlOiyiSA

I don't think you know what fake news is. This is a pretty standard panel with pundits. Reich is not a CNN journalist, and there are other panelists to call out his nonsense.

Quote:

Aaaand here's one of Obama attacking fox News. This one is a compilation, for your convenience. Laughing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYKyPGM0mY4

None of this is calling news articles that are critical of him "fake", nor are they saying that the press is a danger to America.

This is called s "false equivalency" and is a logical fallacy.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do believe ALL perspectives here are not seeing enough of the entire picture. There's no point debating and re-hashing the election results. To me (and to ALL AMERICANS, imo) THE SCARIEST THING ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS THAT A (LITERALLY!) CRAZY MAN IS THE POTUS.

Forget the "lies". Our own Rebkellian Kellyanne Conway here is proof of how mentally deficient our American Society is: A. They believe Hillary actually IS/WAS a criminal (cuz Donald Told 'em so), and 'say' they didn't like Trump but still voted for him. B. Yet now, when he's blatantly lying, they DEFEND him.

I swear to GOD, if it had been Charles Manson as the Democratic nominee, I would have voted for HIM over Trump. Why? Cuz he's DEMONSTRABLY CRAZY, and been convicted in a court of law (which would have precluded his run, obviously, but you get my point ....) Once in office, due process would have returned him to jail, and his VP (Elizabeth Warren) could have taken over the presidency. Razz

Trump, on the other hand, is a slime-ball, contractor-defrauding, LITERALLY pussy-grabbing sociopath who HIDES HIS CRAZINESS BEHIND HIS WEALTH. And Americans like Stonington gladly overlook that. Cuz wealth is what we're all about.

That scariest part of the Lying is that TRUMP DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO LIE....in his mind, EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS TRUTH. He is, according to knowledgeable sources like his autobiographer, an A.D.D. sociopath who is delusional. This is corroborated by those who've known him a long time.

Remember the LAST time Trump tried to get the GOP nomination? It fizzled. Pretty fast. What's the difference? He was rich then, no? Nope, it was because there was no ISIS yet. Period. Trump, who became a Republican after saying Republicans loved to swallow anything that scared 'em, capitalized on the idiotic phobia that ISIS fomented.

MEANWHILE, he's running his fucktard dog and pony show (a stream-of-consciousness press conference?...a campaign rally in florida? Really?) to obfuscate things like returning the privilege of coal mines to pollute again, while his own financial empire stands to gain tons.

That he CANNOT preside, long term, or maintain this façade (and it's ALL been 'show') will be this house of card's undoing. But. No worries: he's got enough Americans duped into believing it's the fault of THE MEDIA if anything goes wrong.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's interesting. "Trump doesn't even know how to lie." We certainly know who DOES know how to lie, don't we? We know that the fringe left has that talent on lockdown!

You go on this verbal rampage, and then call ME "mentally deficient" for disagreeing with your point of view while citing facts. Where are your facts? It's just ramblings of a crazy person. I won't even bother responding to the rest of this post. I can't tell whether I should laugh at your unhinged insanity, or shake my head at your venomous name-calling rant.

This is kind of how I imagine you:

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 02/20/17 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

I don't think you know what fake news is. This is a pretty standard panel with pundits. Reich is not a CNN journalist, and there are other panelists to call out his nonsense.

That was fake news, Justin. Whether you like it or not. They could have blown that accusation sky-high but they didn't. Just because Reich is a Democrat congressman doesn't make that any less reprehensible.

Want more?
Fake news, fake interviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGADrt5hhwM
Fake news, fake polls:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/politics/clinton-trump-electoral-map-utah-georgia/
Let's just make shit up, like Hillary is winning in Utah (where she finished 3rd) and Georgia:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/battleground-map-2016-election-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/
Fake debates:
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2014/12/05/candy-crowley-who-propped-obama-2012-debate-out-cnn

I can on and on and on. I'm still on one news network. You know damn well that they invent the news. Americans are just sick and tired of it now. Not of President Trump, but of your "news."

justintyme wrote:

None of this is calling news articles that are critical of him "fake", nor are they saying that the press is a danger to America.

Hmmm I must have missed when President Trump called the press a danger to America. You can fill me in on that right?

By the way, the press trying to undermine a sitting President is most certainly a danger to America. You know, even though President Trump never even said that to begin with.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/17 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have you ever, in your life, actually taken a journalism class? Do you understand what the standards of publication are?

None of these are examples of fake news. Sensationalism? Sure. And there is an argument to be made that the media likes to take the lazy path and report on the "debate" instead of factchecking as they go. In other words you will hear: GOP claims x or Democrats say y, and present both sides as if they were equivalent. Ironically, the rise of Trump and his post-truth campaign/presidency has them doing the latter less.

But reporting upon polls that later prove inaccurate or having on a panelist that says ridiculous things (with other panelists or the journalist there to call them on it) is not, in any way, fake news.

Fake=intentionally false or misleading in the underlying facts (not staging a shot for effect, like the last youtube you posted).

And someone feeding debate questions to one of the candidates is something else entirely.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Hmmm I must have missed when President Trump called the press a danger to America. You can fill me in on that right?

By the way, the press trying to undermine a sitting President is most certainly a danger to America. You know, even though President Trump never even said that to begin with.

Dude. You're a pretty weak player here. Even Kellyanne wouldn't have made this gaffe:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-media-accountability-survey-3bd8a48bc102#.8xkmvcwqk

Quote:
The survey’s release comes after Trump called major media outlets including the New York Times, NBC News, and CBS “enemies of the American People” on Twitter on Friday.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
tfan wrote:

He didn't say "look at what happened last night".. . .

Things "happening" in Sweden that he heard about "last night".

"You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden"

I quoted it correctly.

I didn't say you didn't quote it correctly. I pointed out that he said "happening" not "happened".

Quote:

It was addressing an event occurring in Sweden the night before, NOT something that happened in Sweden years ago that he just heard about for the first time last night. Nothing happened in Sweden the night before. It was total bullshit.

If it was addressing an event "last night" why did he say "happening"? Sweden wasn't in the news, except for the Tucker Carlson show which had a segment on the huge rise in crime from their immigrant population. And after the noted Trump quote he said something like "Sweden! Who would have ever thought Sweden would have a problem like that. They took in large numbers, they're having lots of problem". He also mentioned Germany, either before or after he mentioned Sweden.

Quote:
But with contortions like that there's a job waiting for you on Conway's staff.

Everyone is so eager to jump on everything Trump says, that it is causing people to miss the way he misspoke.

Last edited by tfan on 02/20/17 6:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump's exact tweet at 4:48 PM on 17 Feb 2017 was:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

But I suggest everyone just stop feeding the troll, here and on the basketball boards. He's just sitting in his basement laughing at people for taking his bait.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

I didn't say you didn't quote it correctly. I pointed out that he said "happening" not "happened".

If it was addressing an event "last night" why did he say "happening"?

Why did you "point out" he didn't say something that neither I nor anyone else claimed he did say?

It's really just basic elementary school English grammar. In Trump's words, the phrase "last night" modifies "what's happening." Don't ask me why he said that or why he says any of the other bullshit that he says. That's the point isn't it? He just totally fabricates fictitious nonsense. There is no connection between reality and the nonsense that comes out of his mouth or his keyboard.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Trump's exact tweet at 4:48 PM on 17 Feb 2017 was:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

But I suggest everyone just stop feeding the troll, here and on the basketball boards. He's just sitting in his basement laughing at people for taking his bait.

I think you give him undeserved credit. His posts are honest.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Remember the LAST time Trump tried to get the GOP nomination? It fizzled. Pretty fast. What's the difference? He was rich then, no? Nope, it was because there was no ISIS yet. Period. Trump, who became a Republican after saying Republicans loved to swallow anything that scared 'em, capitalized on the idiotic phobia that ISIS fomented.

I don't think Trump's political success can be attributed solely to ISIS. He did speak about ISIS in his campaign announcement, but all people remember is that he said illegal immigrants were bringing crime, drugs and were rapists, while he assumed that some were good people.

I don't think he won Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin based on fear of ISIS. It was due to their decimation from job export and Trump being the only remaining candidate who talked about stopping and reversing job export. Job export continues to get downplayed by neo-liberals who defend it oddly now by saying that "more jobs are lost to automation", but the damage it has done is real. Same with illegal immigration. Easy to miss the effects of sitting in a white collar job cubicle.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/20/17 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
You go on this verbal rampage, and then call ME "mentally deficient" for disagreeing with your point of view while citing facts.

Your mental deficiency has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. It has EVERYTHING to do with denying realities. And pretending they don't matter.

I'll make it easy for you....Simple "Yes" or "No" responses will do:

1. Has Donald ever randomly grabbed women by the pussy, feeling thusly entitled by his status? Yes ___ No ___
2. Did Donald ever (unknowingly) verbally admit to doing such things when on tape? Yes ___ No ___
3. Did Donald ever defraud contractors out of time and materials by not paying them after work was done? Yes ___ No ___
4. Did Donald ever defraud students at Trump University? Yes ___ No ___.
5. Did Donald face lawsuits over racial discrimination in housing, for which he "settled out of court" (read: was guilty) Yes ___ No ___
6. Did Donald Trump ever denounce the corruption of Wall Street, denounce Hillary Clinton for her connections to Goldman Sachs, and then put former Goldman Sachs people on his staff? Yes ___ No ___
7. Did Donald ever make racially denigrating remarks against a latino judge's capacity to be fair? Yes ___ No ___
8. Did Donald ever lie to declare Obama was bringing in 250,000 Syrian refugees to our country, when it was actually 10,000? Yes ___ No ___
9. Is Donald beloved and endorsed by the KKK? Yes ___ No ___
10. Is ANY of the above "fake news"? Yes ___ No ___

Score yourself: If you picked "Yes" 2 or more times on questions #1-#10 AND you still voted for him, then you are "Mentally Deficient". If you picked "No" 2 or more times, then you are AUTOMATICALLY, blindly a Trump sycophant, and that carries a life sentence of Mental Deficiency. Simple. You are not capable of objective, critical thinking.

Donald has told more LIES than Hillary or Obama could have imagined. That people can willingly and gladly ignore that is just a commentary on the state of affairs that is our society.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Why did you "point out" he didn't say something that neither I nor anyone else claimed he did say?

Because "happening" supports his explanation. But even more support is his following statement where he said "they took in lots of people, they are having lots of problems". That is being left off all the claims that he was talking about a terrorist attack.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/20/17 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
tfan wrote:

Because "happening" supports his explanation. But even more support is his following statement where he said "they took in lots of people, they are having lots of problems". That is being left off all the claims that he was talking about a terrorist attack.

And if you don't truncate it there, the rest of the passage is " You look at what's happening in Brussels, you look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice, take a look at Paris." All, of course, referring to specific well-publicized terrorist attacks, not to crime statistics in random world cities.

It's obvious it was making up more nonsense about terrorist incidents in Sweden supposedly happening the night before. And it was obvious enough to any fair reading of what he said that the Swedes made a formal diplomatic inquiry based on exactly that interpretation.

If you have to completely ignore what he actually said in order to strain to come up with something that isn't completely fanciful and ridiculous, maybe you should just accept that he actually said something else completely absurd and fictitious. It's not like it would be the first time he just made something up because it seemed to fit with whatever he was trying to say at the moment.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/20/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
You go on this verbal rampage, and then call ME "mentally deficient" for disagreeing with your point of view while citing facts.

Your mental deficiency has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. It has EVERYTHING to do with denying realities. And pretending they don't matter.

I'll make it easy for you....Simple "Yes" or "No" responses will do:

1. Has Donald ever randomly grabbed women by the pussy, feeling thusly entitled by his status? Yes ___ No ___
2. Did Donald ever (unknowingly) verbally admit to doing such things when on tape? Yes ___ No ___
3. Did Donald ever defraud contractors out of time and materials by not paying them after work was done? Yes ___ No ___
4. Did Donald ever defraud students at Trump University? Yes ___ No ___.
5. Did Donald face lawsuits over racial discrimination in housing, for which he "settled out of court" (read: was guilty) Yes ___ No ___
6. Did Donald Trump ever denounce the corruption of Wall Street, denounce Hillary Clinton for her connections to Goldman Sachs, and then put former Goldman Sachs people on his staff? Yes ___ No ___
7. Did Donald ever make racially denigrating remarks against a latino judge's capacity to be fair? Yes ___ No ___
8. Did Donald ever lie to declare Obama was bringing in 250,000 Syrian refugees to our country, when it was actually 10,000? Yes ___ No ___
9. Is Donald beloved and endorsed by the KKK? Yes ___ No ___
10. Is ANY of the above "fake news"? Yes ___ No ___

Score yourself: If you picked "Yes" 2 or more times on questions #1-#10 AND you still voted for him, then you are "Mentally Deficient". If you picked "No" 2 or more times, then you are AUTOMATICALLY, blindly a Trump sycophant, and that carries a life sentence of Mental Deficiency. Simple. You are not capable of objective, critical thinking.

Donald has told more LIES than Hillary or Obama could have imagined. That people can willingly and gladly ignore that is just a commentary on the state of affairs that is our society.

It would be interesting to know the root cause of this willful ignorance.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But even then, say we give you your generous interpretation of Trump's words: that would mean, under the best possible case, our president is getting his information from "fox news story of the moment" and not looking deeper into it (since what he would have been referencing has been widely discredited). That would be consistent with his claim about the electoral college and how it was according to "information given to him".

Thus under the best scenario for him he is a bumbling idiot who simply believes whatever is convenient for him rather than look into its truth value.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
But even then, say we give you your generous interpretation of Trump's words: that would mean, under the best possible case, our president is getting his information from "fox news story of the moment" and not looking deeper into it (since what he would have been referencing has been widely discredited). That would be consistent with his claim about the electoral college and how it was according to "information given to him".

Thus under the best scenario for him he is a bumbling idiot who simply believes whatever is convenient for him rather than look into its truth value.

I hope your post wasn't directed toward me. Laughing

To answer my own question in my previous post, it could be because Trump Chumps are also authoritarian assholes.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/21/17 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/20/17 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
justintyme wrote:

I hope your post wasn't directed toward me. Laughing

To answer my own question in my previous post, it could be because Trump Chumps are also auhtoritarian assholes.

Lol. No it was @tfan's interpretation of Trump's words.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Dude. You're a pretty weak player here. Even Kellyanne wouldn't have made this gaffe:

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-media-accountability-survey-3bd8a48bc102#.8xkmvcwqk

Quote:
The survey’s release comes after Trump called major media outlets including the New York Times, NBC News, and CBS “enemies of the American People” on Twitter on Friday.

Sorry Howee but misquoting the President to strengthen your argument isn't going to fly with me. Everything I said in my previous post cannot be denied, so you take the very last thing I said and cite something else that President Trump said?

There's a big difference between being an enemy of the state and a danger. We have plenty of enemies. Few are dangerous. That being said, I am of the opinion that the media is BOTH. However, My question still stands: When did he say that the media was danger to America? I'll answer that for you... he didn't.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/21/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no breaking through the FOX NEWS barrier.

It's like trying to tell someone who is insane that they are insane.

They will never believe you.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Have you ever, in your life, actually taken a journalism class? Do you understand what the standards of publication are?

I'm sorry, is that a qualifier for understanding politics? Did you take a class and now you feel like you're an expert on political issues?

I got news for you Justin... Nobody trusts "journalists" anymore. Journalism died in this country a LONG time ago. I can cite the specific example when the press lost the public trust for good. It was back in 2004 when Dan Rather decided to forge documents criticizing then President Bush's service in the National Guard. I'll bet Dan Rather went to journalism school, Justin. In fact, we have yellow journalism at best here. The overwhelming majority of citizens do not trust a word they hear from "journalists" anymore. Those whom you hold in such high regard today are a joke. I have no doubt you learned nothing of value in your class. My point is, just because you took a class doesn't mean you actually learned anything, unless you learned to be a stenographer for the Democrat party.

Wait, where are my manners? I should have asked... what are these standards of publication? I honestly don't know. Hopefully you can enlighten me.

justintyme wrote:
None of these are examples of fake news.

Maybe not to you. I cannot help you. You think taking a journalism class makes you an expert on media issues.

justintyme wrote:
And someone feeding debate questions to one of the candidates is something else entirely.

It's called deception. Which is why people aren't watching CNN anymore. Everybody knows that they were in the tank for Hillary. They are known as the Clinton News Network. So if you're wondering why people aren't reacting to the "news" the way you want them to, it's because 1) nobody is watching anymore, 2) nothing they say can be trusted, 3) people are seeing that our President is doing everything he said he was going to do on the campaign trail, and 4) everyone already knew before the election that the press was going into attack mode starting November 9th.

So I have a question for you all, since we're on the topic of alternate facts... did you REALLY think people were going to believe that the Russians hacked the election?

Last edited by Stonington_QB on 02/21/17 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 02/21/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
There is no breaking through the FOX NEWS barrier

Why would you think I get all my information from Fox News? I don't recall mentioning them. Is it because they are literally crushing every other news channel in the ratings?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/21/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
There is no breaking through the FOX NEWS barrier

Why would you think I get all my information from Fox News? I don't recall mentioning them. Is it because they are literally crushing every other news channel in the ratings?

Nice reflex.

PostPosted: 02/21/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they are living rent free inside your head, that's on you. I am not them. And I'm not here to defend them. I'm here to call out the information in which so many of you believe without question.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 02/21/17 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Art is just mad that Notre Dame's window has closed and I said so. He can't handle the truth.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: