Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jap

PostPosted: 02/19/17 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
LA let Toliver go. Possibly due to the coring issue in part but it seems to me Sims was part of a plan.

Maybe.... but I think it's more likely that Toler found a quick solution to Toliver leaving. Agler was probably like "I don't need a rookie. Find someone who will part with a young experienced CG/PG for that #4 pick."
They were probably hoping for Diggins. I wouldn't be surprised if Miller offered Bentley, but I'd prefer Sims over Bentley. Hayes is worth more than #4 unless there's at least two early declarers.

A little early rolling of the dice for these teams. Agler didn't fair too well with his 2012 dice roll.

Sims was on the block for months so I doubt it was Toler who went out and found this deal.

This...People here in dallas are sad to see hometown O leave but we were not suprised. Trade rumors about O started flying around halfway through the end of last season. Remember the game when O and Glory both were suspended for the 1st Qtr Against LA? Twisted Evil Exclamation

Was this the game when Candace thought Glory had committed an unnecessary hard foul against one of her Sparks players, and she was looking to kick Glory's behind until the Aussie Amazon 'fessed up to the unintentional offense? Wink

PostPosted: 02/20/17 1:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Indeed, I remember the suspension. Any ideas on what transpired to cause that?

Btw, it looks like Sims is all ready to go eh?

https://twitter.com/CoachRookie/status/833348826639585283/photo/1

I wonder what they told Chelsea? Hmmm

Anyone who says Chelsea cares who's starting, doesn't know Chelsea. Here's what Chelsea cares about: the team. Chelsea will happily play whatever role the Coach wants. Now, she'll try like hell to earn the starting spot, but if Odyssey wins it, she'll be happy to add some punch off the bench.

~rAf
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/20/17 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Anyone who says Chelsea cares who's starting, doesn't know Chelsea. Here's what Chelsea cares about: the team. Chelsea will happily play whatever role the Coach wants. Now, she'll try like hell to earn the starting spot, but if Odyssey wins it, she'll be happy to add some punch off the bench.

Every player cares who starts. Don't kid yourself. And I wouldn't want a player who didn't care. Yes you have to accept your role, but a player should WANT to start. If you don't, then you don't have the drive to be great.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

I can't read that link, but in this tweet Sims says
"When things work out in your favor!! AMEN"
https://twitter.com/Lucky_Lefty0/status/833379677393793024

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/20/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
LA let Toliver go. Possibly due to the coring issue in part but it seems to me Sims was part of a plan.

Maybe.... but I think it's more likely that Toler found a quick solution to Toliver leaving. Agler was probably like "I don't need a rookie. Find someone who will part with a young experienced CG/PG for that #4 pick."
They were probably hoping for Diggins. I wouldn't be surprised if Miller offered Bentley, but I'd prefer Sims over Bentley. Hayes is worth more than #4 unless there's at least two early declarers.

A little early rolling of the dice for these teams. Agler didn't fair too well with his 2012 dice roll.

Sims was on the block for months so I doubt it was Toler who went out and found this deal.

This...People here in dallas are sad to see hometown O leave but we were not suprised. Trade rumors about O started flying around halfway through the end of last season. Remember the game when O and Glory both were suspended for the 1st Qtr Against LA? Twisted Evil Exclamation

Was this the game when Candace thought Glory had committed an unnecessary hard foul against one of her Sparks players, and she was looking to kick Glory's behind until the Aussie Amazon 'fessed up to the unintentional offense? Wink

yes i do believe this is the same game. Where CP took over in the 2nd half to rally the sparks for the W . Although i cant give specifics O wanted out most definitely after that game along with some of the other players wanting her out also . Sometimes things just dont work out

PostPosted: 02/20/17 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Odyssey can play a little ball. She can refine her defensive skills with Brian's and Alana's assistance. With so many potent scorers on the team she will have to learn to get very efficient with her shot selection, even passing the ball along to someone who has a higher percentage shot. With Odyssey, Williams, and Chelsea, we have some long range firepower from the guard spot. Hopefully, Ana can recapture her 2015 downtown stroke, and even Essence had her moments beyond the arc last year.

PostPosted: 02/20/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Odyssey can play a little ball. She can refine her defensive skills with Brian's and Alana's assistance. With so many potent scorers on the team she will have to learn to get very efficient with her shot selection, even passing the ball along to someone who has a higher percentage shot. With Odyssey, Williams, and Chelsea, we have some long range firepower from the guard spot. Hopefully, Ana can recapture her 2015 downtown stroke, and even Essence had her moments beyond the arc last year.

Odyssey would have to adjust when she arrives in LA just as Kristi did. As you mentioned, she's going to have to improve defensively and become better at her decision making, knowing when to take the shot versus passing to her all-stars. I think Sims is better suited defensively at the pg spot on the ball, and with Beard and Carson in her ear, I could see Sims having a break out year in LA. With the addition of Sims, I wouldn't oppose a Williams for Quigley deal straight up. Not sure what Chicago would want with Williams but it's worth a try. Or Williams and #11 for Quigley and #9?!

PostPosted: 02/20/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sims just landed on Community Chest --- even has the wings and uniform color right.

willtalk

PostPosted: 02/21/17 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

In game 5 vs minnesota Agler was upset with Gray's defensive effort and was ready to sit her on the bench.Gray made multiple mental errors in the last 3 minutes that nearly cost LA the championship.Agler also benched Gray in game 3 versus chicago.

Sims will be the starting PG when the season starts,jmo.

You have been stating this same thing for some tine now. Hey I watched the game myself and what you state made no sense to me. So I watched the last half of the game again. I also those last three minutes you continue harp on. In fact I made it the last four just to give you the benefit of the doubt. The only possible example of a mental mistake were a 3 second call against the Sparks ( an iffy call against another player ) and a inbounds pass by Toliver to a Min player that they took in for an easy score.

A call that might be considered by you as a mental mistake was the sequence leading up to the late shot by Nanika. You only believe that because the announcer stated that perhaps Chelsea didn't realize that the clock reset to 14 instead of 24 seconds. That was purely an assumption by him. It looked like she was motioning for the rest of the team to set up for a play. It took them some time to get set. She still got the ball to Beard in the corner with 4 seconds on the clock which would have been plenty of time for her to shoot the ball. She chose instead to gett he ball into Nanika. I wouldn't call that a mental error. Yet you state she made multiple errors in the last 3 min. Well if that is true I challenge you to point them out. The game is still on Youtube.

You also claim to know what is going on inside of Agler's head. You statement about him not being happy with her defense is based on something you claim he said on the sideline. Were you there or was it just something you heard second hand. You also stated that no names were mentioned but that you just assumed he was talking about Chelsea. If that is as credible as you claims about the last 3 minutes of the game then that must be total BS as well.

As I stated before- You have been repeating this same crap now for some time. well prove it by pointing out the specific mental errors and the time when they were to have accured. It shouldn't be that hard to do. The real mental error involved in the last three minutes are your own.

This previous post was in no way meant as an opinion as to who will start nest season. I just wanted to respond to the statements you have been making for some time that in my opinion made no sense what so ever.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/21/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ willtalk......Agler's anger and frustration was clearly directed at C.Gray.Just go to the 19:00-19:50 mark.Lobo says she thinks Agler is frustrated with C.Gray for breaking plays. At the 19:40 mark,Ruocco then said CP went over to encourage Chelsea(pointed out by WfanFrJmp)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G_RuHnV-PMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The mental errors I'm referring to are:

1.Game clock management
2.Shot selection
3.Getting the ball to the primary scorers

The game clock management by Gray/Toliver was horrible.They would either shoot too quickly,or run the shot clock down and shoot too late.Gray took two low percentage shots in the last 2 minutes of the basketball game.She also did a poor job of getting Nneka/Candace the basketball in the last 5 minutes.Gray took a contested 27 foot 3 ptfg with 9 seconds left on the shotclock(1:29 left in game).Last possession of the game,Gray takes a fadaway jumpshot with 8 seconds left,Beard was open for a jumpshot.Parker/Nneka scored most of their points in the last 4 minutes of the game on offensive rebounds.There were too many possessions late in the game where Parker/Ogwumike was just standing around.Gray and Toliver did a poor job of feeding them the basketball during crunch time,jmo.

Also,I never claimed to be a mind reader.My opinion of how Agler will manage the pg situation is purely based on his recent history of coaching young players.Agler has a reputation of not being patient with greenhorns.Also,Agler/Toler just traded the #4 pick for O.Sims.I don't believe the sparks make this trade if they had full confidence in Gray being a 25 mpg lead pg.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/21/17 7:37 pm; edited 5 times in total
zune69

PostPosted: 02/21/17 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There you go @ willtalk,

I specifically pointed out the mental errors I was referring to.

And gave you video/audio evidence that Agler was upset with Gray.

Last edited by zune69 on 02/21/17 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 02/21/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure he was angry at Chelsea. At the 19:40 mark, Ryan notes that after his outburst, CP went over to encourage Chelsea.

I do think Gray both helped and hurt LA at times. She was learning and adapting on the fly and in all truth, there were times that she helped keep them in games. I think she gained more and more confidence as he trusted her more so how does Sims being there affect her? I really thought he was going to get a vet to help mature her because she is quite gifted and am really interested in how her and Sims will work together. Do they look at it as a 1-2 punch or will there be too much competition for the PG position and neither of them reaches their potential? I hope and suspect they have a good plan for making it a good situation for the team.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/21/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
I'm pretty sure he was angry at Chelsea. At the 19:40 mark, Ryan notes that after his outburst, CP went over to encourage Chelsea.

I do think Gray both helped and hurt LA at times. She was learning and adapting on the fly and in all truth, there were times that she helped keep them in games. I think she gained more and more confidence as he trusted her more so how does Sims being there affect her? I really thought he was going to get a vet to help mature her because she is quite gifted and am really interested in how her and Sims will work together. Do they look at it as a 1-2 punch or will there be too much competition for the PG position and neither of them reaches their potential? I hope and suspect they have a good plan for making it a good situation for the team.

There will be enough minutes for Sims & Gray to thrive.I just don't like Williams as the 4th guard.LA needs a shooter,not another scorer.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 02/21/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

I can't read that link, but in this tweet Sims says
"When things work out in your favor!! AMEN"
https://twitter.com/Lucky_Lefty0/status/833379677393793024

She's not too broken up about it... Laughing Her situation just got 10x better...at least at the moment.

I really thought she was pressing in Texas. I don't know if she had family come to the games frequently, but she didn't look like herself at all in a Dallas uniform.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/24/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hard to believe Dallas traded Zahui and Sims for a collective gain of 11 draft positions in a weak draft. Talk about not maximizing your assets.

PostPosted: 04/07/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
pilight wrote:
I wonder what number Sims will wear in LA. Alana Beard owns #0.

With Toliver gone, Beard can switch back to # 20, and Odyssey could take # 0.

Apparently Sims is switching to #1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: