Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 02/18/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:
We feel this gives us a lot of flexibility to either use the draft picks or use them to trade for another asset to help us get back to where we want to go, which is back to the WNBA playoffs," Bibb said. "I'm a big believer in you need to give up value to get value in return. Odyssey is a very talented player and I wish her the best in LA but we felt like this was the opportunity to get back to where we want to be."

....dallas is not done making trades.I believe the wings will use a combination of picks/players to acquire Dolson,Stokes,Peters,Achonwa or Bonner.

The only person on that list worth a "combination of picks" is Bonner. Maybe stokes, everybody else can stay where they are. I highly doubt Phoenix and New York would trade either of these players for picks in this weak draft.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:
We feel this gives us a lot of flexibility to either use the draft picks or use them to trade for another asset to help us get back to where we want to go, which is back to the WNBA playoffs," Bibb said. "I'm a big believer in you need to give up value to get value in return. Odyssey is a very talented player and I wish her the best in LA but we felt like this was the opportunity to get back to where we want to be."

....dallas is not done making trades.I believe the wings will use a combination of picks/players to acquire Dolson,Stokes,Peters,Achonwa or Bonner.

Sounds to me like he's not sure what he's doing and he's just Wing-ing it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 02/18/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if clashing personalities were at least part of the reason for this trade, but even if that's the case - I'd have hoped for a better return.

Yeah Dallas' GM isn't known for getting great value for players or making great decisions behind the scenes. This trade, on top of swapping Kiesel for Bias, & trading your #2 pick after only letting her play with you for 1 season -- I still don't even remember what we got in return for Zahui B.

I have no hope for Dallas' ability to make competent personnel moves, so I'm sure they're gonna waste all of the draft picks as well.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:

The only person on that list worth a "combination of picks" is Bonner. Maybe stokes, everybody else can stay where they are. I highly doubt Phoenix and New York would trade either of these players for picks in this weak draft.

10 & 23 for Peters ?

10 & 23 for Achonwa ?

4 & 23 for Dolson ?

3,10 & 23 for Stokes ?

3,11 & Christmas for Stokes & Rodgers ?

Shades wrote:

Sounds to me like he's not sure what he's doing and he's just Wing-ing it.

Laughing

I believe the #4 pick will have more value on the trade market than Sims.Teams that are looking to make moves have no real need for a pg/small sg(chicago,San Antonio,Indiana) or were not willing to part with a starter.The 3/4 pick provides more flexibility for a team looking to make a trade.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd do #10 & #23 for Achonwa, but why would IND? It's not like they need extra draft picks.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/18/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:

The #3 & #4 picks to Chicago for Dolson & Faulkner? San Antonio then trades the #1 pick to Chicago for Breland, Quigley & the #9 pick. Chicago selects K. Mitchell, DeShields, Plum & Coates with picks #1 - #4. Wink

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/18/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can remember a guy by the name of Greg Bibb who acted in the role as the Mystics GM, you notice I said acted because in my opinion he didn't know squat. This Greg Bibb with the Dallas Wings is he the same Greg Bibb who was once with the Mystics ?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/18/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas has made some terrible moves and developed its young players generally not well in relation to their value. Trading Sims for movement of 7 draft positions in a weak draft may be the best they could have done at present for Sims. But it indicates how far her stock has fallen since she was drafted. They also traded Zahui B. to NY for what wound up being a difference of just 4 draft positions. Whatever you think of Zahui, she's showing some scoring skill overseas even against WNBA-caliber competition.

PostPosted: 02/18/17 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
This Greg Bibb with the Dallas Wings is he the same Greg Bibb who was once with the Mystics ?

Yes

toad455

PostPosted: 02/18/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas looks like this if Mitchell declares:

PG: Diggins/Bias
SG: Plum/Phillips
SF: Christmas/Powers/Hooper
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/#9 pick
C: Paris/Coates

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/17 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dallas looks like this if Mitchell declares:

PG: Diggins/Bias
SG: Plum/Phillips
SF: Christmas/Powers/Hooper
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/#9 pick
C: Paris/Coates

This Defeats the purpose of trading Sims.Powers is the starter.Aerial gives dallas the size,rebounding and defense that was lacking with Sims.

Automatic defensive upgrade at sg.

Automatic defensive upgrade at pf(Johnson>Pierson)

Automatic upgrade at backup center.

Automatic upgrade at pg with Diggins being healthy.

This team is a potential 20+ game winner.And if they traded the #4 & 23 picks for Dolson,look out !!!

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson has played three years, and I haven't really seen any signs of her breaking out. I'd rather give Coates a look for the future.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/17 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dolson has played three years, and I haven't really seen any signs of her breaking out. I'd rather give Coates a look for the future.

I'd have no issue if Dallas selected Coates,I just prefer Dolson.Her length/height causes problems for Griner,Fowles,Charles,etc.Dolson can also knock down a 12-15 ft jumpshot,and has the ability to score in the post.The only thing Coates does better than Dolson is run the floor.Watching Dolson and Coates as seniors is like night and day.Dolson was very impactful in the big games.Coates on the other hand has a tendency to disappear.Coates is putting up better numbers than Dolson did as a senior,but Dolson was clearly the better player.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/18/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory Johnson and #10 for Breland and #2?

Then Dallas just re-sets building around Diggins and Powers, with some nice vet role models like Breland, Paris, Christmas and Phillips, and some shiny new rookies like Coates, SWK (and whoever is there at #2 between Deshields, Plum, Mitchell or settles for A. Jones at #4 if no one declares.)

if no one comes out you got

Diggins/A. Jones
Christmas/Phillips/SWK
Powers/Hooper
Breland/Plaisance
Paris/Coates/Hamblin

OK no one will be shaking in their boots when they play Dallas, but that a nice team in terms of fit and it allows you to reboot any chemistry issue. Breland might be ready to start, and this team should be better on the defensive end than last years.

And if A. Jones end up being Plum or Deshields instead its a potentially stronger team, though A. Jones is a good safe fit with the team above.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I'll pass.......G.Johnson is a 15p/9r 26 year old all-star.Breland's career high averages is 9.7p/6.8r.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/18/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I'll pass.......G.Johnson is a 15p/9r 26 year old all-star.Breland's career high averages is 9.7p/6.8r.

She's also a complete headcase. I will pass as well.

And there's no way I'm giving up #2 with the possibility of Mitchell declaring...

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/18/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering which side of the coin was going to be the "No Thank You" side, didn't see it being both, oh well.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/18/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Powers was injured and will miss the beginning of the season?

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 02/18/17 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
I'm reeeeaaaaalllly curious as to what the locker room is like in Dallas, especially with Glory's agent always publicly talking slick about Skylar on Twitter.

Anywho, Dallas has firmly placed themselves in the lottery unless every starter stays healthy throughout the season along with Skylar and Glory playing like the all star version of themselves, then they might have a chance, but I doubt it.

I was perfectly fine with Sims and Johnson getting the boot, but that was before Diggins' knee AND Pierson leaving. Now everything is a toss up. Will we get 100% healthy Skylar? Who knows. Will Aerial improve on her rookie season? Probably not since she's had a hip injury the entire off season. Will all of these picks in this useless draft suprise us and come out guns blazing? Maybe. Can the starting lineup stay healthy? History tells us that that is a huge NO.

But, as I always say about my Bad News Wings, I hope that I'm wrong.

P.S.
Sorry for the long post, but cheering for a losing team that has/had potential is exhausting guys...Rolling Eyes

Also, rooting for the underdog is overrated as F***!! I'm from the Twin Cities, I'm about to start cheering for my geriatric Lynx Laughing

you are my twin.... i'm in minnesota too, but cheer for the wings. looking at dallas on paper, even before the Sims trade, concerns me.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/18/17 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I thought Powers was injured and will miss the beginning of the season?

I doubt she'll miss time, but she is untested from her injury.

Sounds like the same surgery Fowles had, and she did well, but different players may have different experiences.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/18/17 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

She's also a complete headcase. I will pass as well.

And there's no way I'm giving up #2 with the possibility of Mitchell declaring...

Well,Johnson's in good company.Depending on who you talk to,some people think these players are all headcases:

Taurasi
MCcoughtry
Griner
Bone
Sims
Parker
Delle donne
Toliver
Young

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 02/18/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:

The #3 & #4 picks to Chicago for Dolson & Faulkner? San Antonio then trades the #1 pick to Chicago for Breland, Quigley & the #9 pick. Chicago selects K. Mitchell, DeShields, Plum & Coates with picks #1 - #4. Wink

Dallas would probably do some dumb sh** like this, my goodness. Haha

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 02/18/17 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:
I'm reeeeaaaaalllly curious as to what the locker room is like in Dallas, especially with Glory's agent always publicly talking slick about Skylar on Twitter.

Anywho, Dallas has firmly placed themselves in the lottery unless every starter stays healthy throughout the season along with Skylar and Glory playing like the all star version of themselves, then they might have a chance, but I doubt it.

I was perfectly fine with Sims and Johnson getting the boot, but that was before Diggins' knee AND Pierson leaving. Now everything is a toss up. Will we get 100% healthy Skylar? Who knows. Will Aerial improve on her rookie season? Probably not since she's had a hip injury the entire off season. Will all of these picks in this useless draft suprise us and come out guns blazing? Maybe. Can the starting lineup stay healthy? History tells us that that is a huge NO.

But, as I always say about my Bad News Wings, I hope that I'm wrong.

P.S.
Sorry for the long post, but cheering for a losing team that has/had potential is exhausting guys...Rolling Eyes

Also, rooting for the underdog is overrated as F***!! I'm from the Twin Cities, I'm about to start cheering for my geriatric Lynx Laughing

you are my twin.... i'm in minnesota too, but cheer for the wings. looking at dallas on paper, even before the Sims trade, concerns me.

They put us through so much. Our long distance loyalty doesn't deserve this lol

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/19/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:

Couldnt have said it any better. Bonner is declining far from the player who won multiple 6th woman awards

PostPosted: 02/19/17 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glory Is A key player on this team . her skylar and areial are the ones to build around. Everyone else should be up for grabs.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 7 of 36

Jump to: