RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

HillaryClinton is running again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 02/13/17 11:39 pm    ::: HillaryClinton is running again Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Hillary Clinton will run for president. Again.

No inside information informs this prediction. No argument is advanced as to whether her run is a good or a bad idea—there are many ways to make a case either way. Instead this is just a statement of simple facts (if facts mean anything anymore, that is). And the facts are clear that the former secretary of state is doing everything she needs to do to run for the White House one more time. If she finds a path to do so, she will take it. And I can prove it.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/hillary-clinton-is-running-for-president-again-214766

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/13/17 11:50 pm    ::: Re: HillaryClinton is running again Reply Reply with quote

Right evidence, wrong conclusion.

Chelsea will run for something.

PostPosted: 02/14/17 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she does run again, I hope the Democrats will have the good sense to reject her. She's never going to be president.

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If she does run again, I hope the Democrats will have the good sense to reject her. She's never going to be president.

Sadly, because a policy wonk like her is just what's needed to get the Government car humming along again. I know: in my opinion.

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
pilight wrote:

Sadly, because a policy wonk like her is just what's needed to get the Government car humming along again. I know: in my opinion.

In your correct opinion. Wink

Only way Clinton can win is if the narrative come 2020 is that this election was stolen from her, via Russia..which would mean a major press buildup without the inevitable fallout..which would mean that is never going to happen.

As someone who adores Clinton, I'll say this..I think she would have made an unbelievable President. And although I think she has quite a bit of uncontrollable disadvantages (what this country does to her is disgusting), she isn't the best at connecting with people and campaigning. It's sad that being charismatic is a necessity..we'd be so much better off with Gore instead of Bush, Kerry instead of Bush, or Clinton instead of Trump.

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
norwester wrote:
pilight wrote:

Only way Clinton can win is if the narrative come 2020 is that this election was stolen from her, via Russia..which would mean a major press buildup without the inevitable fallout..which would mean that is never going to happen.

As someone who adores Clinton, I'll say this..I think she would have made an unbelievable President. And although I think she has quite a bit of uncontrollable disadvantages (what this country does to her is disgusting), she isn't the best at connecting with people and campaigning. It's sad that being charismatic is a necessity..we'd be so much better off with Gore instead of Bush, Kerry instead of Bush, or Clinton instead of Trump.

Really? If having charisma is a negative thing, then by that same token, perhaps the U.S. would've been better off electing Nixon instead of JFK in 1960. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we really think she'll beat Trump in 2020? I think she needs to retire and the Dems should bring in some young candidates for 2020.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/14/17 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
norwester wrote:
pilight wrote:

Really? If having charisma is a negative thing, then by that same token, perhaps the U.S. would've been better off electing Nixon instead of JFK in 1960. Rolling Eyes

There is a difference between charisma being "negative" and being a "necessity."

A major reason Gore, Kerry, and Clinton all lost is because they are all policy wonks who struggle to connect with voters. My point is, being a policy wonk should be more important to the American public than wanting to have a drink with the President.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/15/17 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
norwester wrote:
pilight wrote:

There is a difference between charisma being "negative" and being a "necessity."

A major reason Gore, Kerry, and Clinton all lost is because they are all policy wonks who struggle to connect with voters. My point is, being a policy wonk should be more important to the American public than wanting to have a drink with the President.

Should be. Unfortunately, that America set sail years ago.

PostPosted: 03/17/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton 'Thinking' About NYC Mayoral Run

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/17/17 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton can't just leave politics. If there isn't an opportunity for (extremely wealthy) people to have access to government or special favors then there is really no reason to "donate" to the Clinton Foundation. Therefore, the money stops rolling in. Also, some of these people who made said "donations" before she was President expected to be rewarded after her election. A lot of "donors" are angry that they gave her money and now have nothing to show for it.

So in Hillary's case, either she has to keep the money rolling in, or she has to make it look like she's making good on whatever promises she made to these people. So for her, she must keep her political career going. At the very least she has to keep talking about it. The Clinton Foundation donations have dropped almost entirely since November 9th.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/18/17 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Do we really think she'll beat Trump in 2020? I think she needs to retire and the Dems should bring in some young candidates for 2020.

agreed. no clinton should ever run for president again, not even chelsea's offspring. the clinton name is toast. no one attempting a do-over should bother, for that matter. we're way past that. future contenders will come from fresh quarters. some african americans are thinking corey booker, for example. wrong. he's almost toast before he gets started. i'm thinking someone more like former california attorney general and now junior senator kamala harris.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's cute how often people predict the end of the Clintons. I'm going back to what I said before though, it'll be Chelsea.

Harris is great, btw. So are a lot of young Dem senators..Murphy, Gilibrand, klobachar..but if Booker runs, he's gonna get the nomination. I hope some on the alt left have learned not to demonize their own.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
but if Booker runs, he's gonna get the nomination. I hope some on the alt left have learned not to demonize their own.

As long as we define the "alt left" correctly. The majority is tired of establishment politics as this last election should have told us. So as long as Booker, or whoever the nominee turns out to be, embraces the positions that are important to the left there should be no issues. Consider that Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in Washington right now, and it is not even close. Especially amongst independents.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
but if Booker runs, he's gonna get the nomination. I hope some on the alt left have learned not to demonize their own.

As long as we define the "alt left" correctly.

The group of people who are already demonizing Booker because they are confident in his likely success over whoever Bernie decides should be the nominee.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the idiot left gives the nomination to Booker or Warren or anyone named Clinton, the rest of us are going to get saddled with a second Trump term.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/18/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
If the idiot left gives the nomination to Booker or Warren or anyone named Clinton, the rest of us are going to get saddled with a second Trump term.

Why, because people like you will leave the space empty again?

PostPosted: 04/01/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Don't know how Warren got lumped in with the other two. She's the most electable of the bunch.

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/02/17 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Don't know how Warren got lumped in with the other two. She's the most electable of the bunch.

Zero chance is still zero chance.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

She's definitely not. They'll do exactly to her that they did to Hillary. In fact, Massachusetts already did it. #calculating #inauthentic #tooambitious

Us liberals have to stop thinking that leftists are electable. The majority of the country is moderate. Of course I'd love to see her as President..but I'm not ready to watch another woman lose to Trump (or whatever Republican replaces him when impeached. Wink ) And I'm not ready to see another incredible woman's reputation burned to the ground because powerful men don't like powerful women.

There have already been polls that suggest that generic democrat is more electable than her.

If Booker runs, he'll get the nomination. Not sure why he's considered "zero chance." He's young, good looking, charismatic, has a lot of popular backers, will have a lot of fundraising, and has a pretty good record.

Hoping for Murphy though, honestly.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: