RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DC Mystics 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/08/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics acquire Krystal Thomas, who's offer wasn't matched by Seattle, and Asia Taylor.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
The Mystics acquire Krystal Thomas, who's offer wasn't matched by Seattle, and Asia Taylor.

I wonder what they offered?

There does seem to be a push for the local product this season, maybe a theme: Delle Donne, Toliver, Krystal Thomas. With Beard not locked up, I might be a little nervous if I were a Spark fan.

With that #6 pick they were so eager to get, they could land a local product in SWK or BJones. Could Currie return at a reasonable price? A lot of possibilities.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/08/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Well it's official, the Mystics are going to the WNBA Finals for sure now! Surprised

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/08/17 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Well it's official, the Mystics are going to the WNBA Finals for sure now! Surprised

Wow! Coach T is mad about last year.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/08/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

On paper, the Mystics look much improved over last season & should make the playoffs. Might actually be better than New York. Just not sold with playing Meesseman at center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UK1996

PostPosted: 02/08/17 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While signing Thomas is a good idea, I still think they need another scrappy post to come in to rebound and defend.

PostPosted: 02/08/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Yeah, he did the same things while in Connecticut. Rebuild after rebuild and look where that got him with the Sun.

This is definately shaping up to the best Mystics roster of all time though by a pretty good margin.

Final 2017 Roster ??
Toliver / Cloud / Mitchell
Hill / Ruffin-Pratt / Latta
Della Donne / Taylor
Sanders / Malott
Meesseman / Thomas

Take away one player for the Mystics #6 draft pick

How good (or bad) does my final roster look like?

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 02/13/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with the additions of Delle Donne and Toliver,I wont give money to Monumental.So was all set for another year of League Pass,then I see this

Watch every Mystics game LIVE!

Including new addition Elena Delle Donne!

Plus new Mystics original programming!

Catch the entire season - get an Annual deal!

for $85.59 or 12.99 a month

https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/mystics_theme?forwardParams=plan%3D00000157-b026-df2f-a35f-bfae1b3f0000%2C00000157-b083-d88a-afff-f893d13a0000&utm_source=Monumental&utm_medium=Promotion&utm_campaign=mystics

Did they cut out WNBA League Pass and I missed it? Monumental, always a money grab Rolling Eyes

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 02/14/17 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
Even with the additions of Delle Donne and Toliver,I wont give money to Monumental.So was all set for another year of League Pass,then I see this

Watch every Mystics game LIVE!

Including new addition Elena Delle Donne!

Plus new Mystics original programming!

Catch the entire season - get an Annual deal!

for $85.59 or 12.99 a month

https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/mystics_theme?forwardParams=plan%3D00000157-b026-df2f-a35f-bfae1b3f0000%2C00000157-b083-d88a-afff-f893d13a0000&utm_source=Monumental&utm_medium=Promotion&utm_campaign=mystics

Did they cut out WNBA League Pass and I missed it? Monumental, always a money grab Rolling Eyes

Hopefully, they're such money grabbers that they realize that the new "arena" wouldn't be profitable Laughing LOL

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW, if you live in a blackout market (if you live in a WNBA area you probably do), you can download a free VPN on your phone like TunnelBear or X-VPN, zap yourself over to Canada/UK, and *POOF* blackouts gone! I think there are ways of doing it on computers as well. Wink

PostPosted: 02/14/17 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
BTW, if you live in a blackout market (if you live in a WNBA area you probably do), you can download a free VPN on your phone like TunnelBear or X-VPN, zap yourself over to Canada/UK, and *POOF* blackouts gone! I think there are ways of doing it on computers as well. Wink

Thankyou! Very Happy I also have been in contact with a busing company in Delaware to convince them to schedule some bus trips to Washington. I am waiting to hear back from them. This company has scheduled Univ. of Del. games for a long time. Beginning when EDD was playing at Delaware.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 02/14/17 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Thankyou! Very Happy I also have been in contact with a busing company in Delaware to convince them to schedule some bus trips to Washington. I am waiting to hear back from them. This company has scheduled Univ. of Del. games for a long time. Beginning when EDD was playing at Delaware.

Of course! Smile Another one is Windscribe, it's best to download all the free VPNs you can, since they all have a monthly limit so you can switch to another one as one runs out, lol... I hope the bus trip works out!!! We'd love to have you guys here in DC Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/14/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Yeah, he did the same things while in Connecticut. Rebuild after rebuild and look where that got him with the Sun.

This is definately shaping up to the best Mystics roster of all time though by a pretty good margin.

Final 2017 Roster ??
Toliver / Cloud / Mitchell
Hill / Ruffin-Pratt / Latta
Della Donne / Taylor
Sanders / Malott
Meesseman / Thomas

Take away one player for the Mystics #6 draft pick

How good (or bad) does my final roster look like?

AyMate, a couple of players do not match how the players will play. Try this:

Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta
Ruffin-Pratt/Taylor
EDD/Malott
Messeman/Thomas

1. Why put Ruffin-Pratt as shooting guard when shooting is her weakness?
2. Mitchell is not signed
3. Delle Donne's best position is PF
4. If the Styx acquire a Center who can bang and shoot, expect the lineup to sometimes be Toliver/Hill/EDD/Meeseman/Big Bruising Post

~rAf
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/15/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD gives Mystics fans a reason to buy season tickets;

https://twitter.com/WashMystics

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Star Elena Delle Donne and Fiancee Amanda Clifton Are 'The Knot' Dream Wedding's First Same-Sex Couple

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/meet-the-knot-dream-weddings-first-same-sex-couple-w467329

Quote:
To keep abreast of Elena and Amanda's journey to their big day, follow @TheKnot #TheKnotDreamWedding. And you can donate to the Elena Delle Donne Foundation through their charity registry at TheKnot.com.

PostPosted: 02/16/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA Star Elena Delle Donne and Fiancee Amanda Clifton Are 'The Knot' Dream Wedding's First Same-Sex Couple

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/meet-the-knot-dream-weddings-first-same-sex-couple-w467329

Quote:
To keep abreast of Elena and Amanda's journey to their big day, follow @TheKnot #TheKnotDreamWedding. And you can donate to the Elena Delle Donne Foundation through their charity registry at TheKnot.com.

Another article on Elena and Amanda getting married;

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wnba-mvp-elena-delle-donne-and-fiancee-amanda-clifton-named-the-knot-2017-dream-wedding-couple-300409009.html

wnbafan

PostPosted: 02/17/17 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Please keep me posted on this. I live in Middletown and would love to join a bus trip to DC. i used to have season tickets when I lived in Columbia, MD. Thanks!

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/17/17 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Please keep me posted on this. I live in Middletown and would love to join a bus trip to DC. i used to have season tickets when I lived in Columbia, MD. Thanks!

Will do! The person that handles the scheduling has been away, supposed to get back with me next week.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nvm..... false alarm. Was reading an old tweet.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/18/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe if the Mystics draft Nia Coffey she'll squeeze Ruffin-Pratt out of the Mystics starting line-up by mid-season if not earlier.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/18/17 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's an interesting situation because TRP is a defensive stopper on a team that is otherwise very offense-heavy. I feel like what she does well is extra valuable to the Mystics than it might be to another style of team. I haven't seen Coffey but I feel like even a rookie with a strong college defensive acumen has a pro learning curve. It's unusual for that to be the exception rather than the rule.

PostPosted: 02/18/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Coffey is all that strong defensively, even in college. Not terrible, but lots to learn at the next level.

- Amanda Gorman
Lumes

PostPosted: 02/21/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unbelievable, how much I have missed.

Yes, Tibault moving into the 3pt direction, and its very logical in the league, where top big players gathered in 4 teams. I'm also very glad that DC said good-bye to good persons but mediocre centers. The only player, who was really valuable for DC in this trade was Copper. But TRP has proven, that she is starting SF for this team. She is one of the best stoppers in the league, can run, can hit 3 and doesn't ask more than to work hard and harder.

The problem is in each of other 4 positions Mystics will be outmuscled. Especially in the paint. So I quietly expect at least some stretches of the game to see EDD and Emma beside another big player. I would also love Latoya finishing the games as a 5.

I can't see Latta starting. Because you need to hide her in defense, and first unit doesn't give this possibility. Also Latta has already proven herself like one of the most dangerous benchers.

So I believe Cloud will start. They need true pg in this squad, somebody has to lead half-court offense. Natasha progressing slowly, but we have to believe in her third season with such good partners she put it all together.

And if Cloud will start, Tolliver with her spot-up shooting will be more valuable than Hill in starting line-up. Hill will start off the bench and play as back-up on both 2 and 3 positions in run and gun system.

This is how I see Mystics. And I wouldn't mind if they acquire another big body to box out and be called for some dirty fouls )) Somebody like De Souza.

Overall Mistycs made incredible step forward. They have got top5 player in this league, superstar they needed and lost only one core player (Copper). They choose speed and 3 point weapon - direction that modern basketball is moving to.

The only thing I'm afraid of - is Belladonna health issues. Lets hope, she is ok and ready for big season!

P.S. Also hope that Dolson and Kia will have good season in Sky.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 02/23/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics resigned Tianna Hawkins.

My Projected 2017 Mystics Roster

Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta
EDD/Ruffin-Pratt/Taylor/(#6 Pick Coffey- Swing 3/4)
Hawkins/Thomas
Meesseman/Sanders

greg5222

PostPosted: 02/23/17 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Mystics resigned Tianna Hawkins.

My Projected 2017 Mystics Roster

Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta
EDD/Ruffin-Pratt/Taylor/(#6 Pick Coffey- Swing 3/4)
Hawkins/Thomas
Meesseman/Sanders

I said in another post that Mike T. would bring in THawk. Welcome back Tianna. Does this make Ally expendable?

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: