RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Grammys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/12/17 9:54 pm    ::: Grammys Reply Reply with quote

Wow!

Adele messes up, swears, apologizes and starts her song tribute to George Michael over.

Pretty sure that I've never seen that before.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/12/17 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude comes on stage carrying a flask!

Really?

Rolling Eyes

mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/12/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adele...literally the only person who could ever get away with that.

"President Agent Orange." Laughing

PostPosted: 02/12/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could envision a Purple Rain movie remake with Bruno Mars in the lead role. Maybe Rihanna as the Apollonio character. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/13/17 6:54 am    ::: Re: Grammys Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Wow!

Adele messes up, swears, apologizes and starts her song tribute to George Michael over.

Pretty sure that I've never seen that before.

Well, she's always been very trashy. A true professional performer who makes a mistake just regains her composure and keeps going on and tries to make it seem she never made a mistake in the first place. Kinda like Mariah Carey did on NYE Laughing

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/13/17 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Adele...literally the only person who could ever get away with that.

"President Agent Orange." Laughing

I don't even get all the love for Adele. She has some song writing skills but at the same time, a lot of her songs are just horrible. And people go gaga over her voice?? It's not even THAT great. It's not even close to Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey level in those two's heyday. It's not even close to someone like Celine Dion. Hell, I think Lady Gaga even has a much better voice when the song warrants it. Adele just came out at the right time when everyone else on the scene was cookie cutter pop singers who coudn't sing worth shit (Katy Perry, Kesha, Miley Cirus, Brittney Spears etc). Adele is a better singer than those 4, but some people call her the best thing since sliced bread and I don't get it. For a 'pop' singer, Adele has a very average, middle of the road voice. Nothing special but better than the basic pop princesses. There are 2 Adele songs that I like (Someone Like You, Crying in the Rain). The rest of her song catalog is mediocre to crap.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/13/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This woman got a huge boost in mp3 sales from Trump supporters overnight (going to #1 on both iTunes and Amazon) , but I doubt that her current fans are happy and it could be a short-term win and long-term loss for her.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/13/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
This woman got a huge boost in mp3 sales from Trump supporters overnight (going to #1 on both iTunes and Amazon) , but I doubt that her current fans are happy and it could be a short-term win and long-term loss for her.

Hope so

tfan

PostPosted: 02/13/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless she has changed her opinion the Trump supporter is the dress designer, not Villa. She tweeted last spring that Trump supporters "really are that stupid":

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joy_Villa/status/768178215554777088

toad455

PostPosted: 02/13/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adele has a huge writing team, including Ryan Tedder(One Republic), Bruno Mars, Greg Kurstin, Shellback, and several more. Her vocal range is what sets her apart from others. She has 2 octaves and 3 notes (C3- F5) & her slight raspiness gives her an undertone that other artists lack these days.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/13/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Adele has a huge writing team, including Ryan Tedder(One Republic), Bruno Mars, Greg Kurstin, Shellback, and several more. Her vocal range is what sets her apart from others. She has 2 octaves and 3 notes (C3- F5) & her slight raspiness gives her an undertone that other artists lack these days.

If I'm not mistaken, Adele is also a smoker, which might account for the raspy voice. And it's probably going to be more so in later years.

PostPosted: 02/13/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

She's got a relatively small vocal range compared to many great vocalists. IMO, her tone is what sets her apart. She has such a thick soulful voice. It's not technically amazing.

PostPosted: 02/13/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, Adele is also a smoker, which might account for the raspy voice. And it's probably going to be more so in later years.

she quit smoking after her throat surgery.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 02/14/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Unless she has changed her opinion the Trump supporter is the dress designer, not Villa. She tweeted last spring that Trump supporters "really are that stupid":

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joy_Villa/status/768178215554777088

https://www.yahoo.com/style/singer-joy-villa-wears-make-america-great-again-dress-at-2017-grammy-awards-234049936.html

Quote:
I am 100 percent a Trump supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: