RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 WNBA Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 02/10/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Faulkner averaged 8 ppg and almost 5 apg in 19 minutes last season. I wouldn't trade her unless I got a nice piece in return. She's good insurance for when Sloot is injured.

But if SA drafts Deshields,chicago has no choice but to draft Plum(unless Mitchell declares).Now you have a log jam at point guard(Sloot,Faulkner,Plum)

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/17 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CORED
DeWanna Bonner (Phoenix)
Crystal Langhorne SEA
Camille Little PHX sign and trade
Angel McCoughtry (Atlanta)
Tanisha Wright (New York)

RESERVED
Farhiya Abdi (Los Angeles)
Rebecca Allen NYL info
Valeriane Ayayi (San Antonio)
Vicki Baugh (San Antonio)
Tiffany Bias DAL one year
Abby Bishop (Seattle)
Sydney Colson (San Antonio)
Anna Cruz (Minnesota)
Ana Dabovic (Los Angeles)
Clarissa Dos Santos (Chicago)
Jelena Dubljevic (Los Angeles)
Cayla George PHX info
Keisha Hampton (Minnesota)
Haley Peters (San Antonio)
Sonja Petrovic (Phoenix)
Meighan Simmons ATL info
Marianna Tolo (Los Angeles)
Erica Wheeler IND info
Marta Xargay (Phoenix)

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Kayla Alexander SAN info
Alex Bentley CON multi-year
Kelsey Bone (Phoenix)
Layshia Clarendon ATL mult-year
Elena Delle Donne WAS info
Kelly Faris CON info
Brittney Griner (Phoenix)
Sandrine Gruda (Los Angeles)
Tayler Hill WAS multi-year
Kayla Pedersen CON info
Jeanette Pohlen IND training camp
Sugar Rodgers NYL info
Tierra Ruffin-Pratt WAS info
Krystal Thomas WAS info

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Mistie Bass
Alana Beard LAS info
Essence Carson LAS info
Erika de Souza SAN info
Markeisha Gatling ATL training camp
Whitney Knight ATL training camp
Erlana Larkins IND multi-year
Janel McCarville
Leilani Mitchell PHX info
Plenette Pierson MIN info
Asia Taylor WAS info
Jasmine Thomas CON multi-year
Kristi Toliver WAS info
Ann Wauters
Monica Wright

UNLISTED FREE AGENTS
Brianna Kiesel ATL multi-year
Nirra Fields ATL training camp
Jennifer Hamson CON training camp
Shanece McKinney IND training camp
Victoria Macaulay IND info
Cierra Burdick NYL training camp
Tiffany Jackson-Jones LAS info
Sami Whitcomb SEA training camp
Nikki Greene SEA training camp
Ify Ibekwe LAS info
Avery Warley-Talbert LAS info
Jamie Weisner LAS info
Emma Cannon PHX info
Yvonne Turner PHX info
Chelsea Hopkins LAS info
Shay Murphy PHX info
Ameryst Alston NYL
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe NYL
Danielle Adams CON training camp
Tianna Hawkins WAS
Bashaara Graves IND training camp

DEFERRED DRAFT PICKS
Shacobia Barbee NYL training camp
Stephanie Talbot PHX info

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 02/23/17 1:34 pm; edited 7 times in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/10/17 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Achonwa to chi for Young
Howard to chi for Faulkner & Parker

I would do both of these without even thinking twice.

Bone for Quigley is interesting. I don't think Bone is useless like others, but we already have two centers. Unless you're proposing this trade as scenario after Dolson is traded?

If we're just dumping Faulkner like that, we can do a hell of a lot better than Natasha Howard, especially if Parker is also in the deal.

btw, DO NOT WANT BONE. DO NOT WANT.

Maybe I'm overvaluing Howard, assuming zune is referring to Natasha Howard that plays for the Lynx. Parker, in a sense is a throw away but she's got some tools. I think her and Faulkner are about equal, I'd give the edge to Howard on potential though..

I dunno man, I think Faulkner was actually the better PG than Sloot last season. Her numbers as a starter stand out big time, and she's better for the team's pace should Stocks want to play that way. She also has more trade value IMO but again, I think the Sky could get more for her than just Howard.

Rock Hard wrote:
Mavcarter and Sigur3 mentioned one player they both would like to see wearing a Sky uniform and that is Jonquel Jones. How about a straight up trade of Dolson for Jones? Connecticut has a lot of power forwards and no center.

That would be highway robbery.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/10/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Achonwa to chi for Young
Howard to chi for Faulkner & Parker

I would do both of these without even thinking twice.

Bone for Quigley is interesting. I don't think Bone is useless like others, but we already have two centers. Unless you're proposing this trade as scenario after Dolson is traded?

If we're just dumping Faulkner like that, we can do a hell of a lot better than Natasha Howard, especially if Parker is also in the deal.

btw, DO NOT WANT BONE. DO NOT WANT.

Maybe I'm overvaluing Howard, assuming zune is referring to Natasha Howard that plays for the Lynx. Parker, in a sense is a throw away but she's got some tools. I think her and Faulkner are about equal, I'd give the edge to Howard on potential though..

Why want Howard when you already have Breland. You want them to split the minutes at PF? What about Dolson?

Howard has great upside.She just needs more PT.6.7p/3.6r/0.8a/0.7b/57%fg in only 14.6 minutes is damn good.Howard dropped 24 pts on the us national team.Sometimes getting drafted by a championship contending team is the worst thing that can happen to a young player.Howard does not have the luxury of playing through her mistakes(e.g.,E.Meeseman,G.Johnson,C.Ogwumike,M.Jefferson).The lack of rope Reeve gave Howard in gm 5 of the finals played a factor in minny not winning the championship.

Breland can play backup 4/5,unless she gets traded for a SF.

Boyette:26-28 minutes
Howard:24-26 minutes
Breland:22-24 minutes

They still have Dolson aswell

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/10/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Why want Howard when you already have Breland. You want them to split the minutes at PF? What about Dolson?

Why wouldn't I want Howard? I like the idea of stockpiling talent and figuring the rest out later. Laughing

But someone just posted Faulkner's stats, and they're pretty good for a reserve so she's more valuable than I thought.

PostPosted: 02/10/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that one of the two cored players where we still don't know what's happening, and basically the only two RFAs left anyone gives a damn about, are all from the same team. Feels like a lot of what's left to happen is hanging on Phoenix, one way or another.

Or their front office is just being a bit slow.

PostPosted: 02/10/17 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

They still have Dolson aswell

They should trade Dolson for a SF.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/10/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Why wouldn't I want Howard? I like the idea of stockpiling talent and figuring the rest out later. Laughing

But someone just posted Faulkner's stats, and they're pretty good for a reserve so she's more valuable than I thought.

I think a solid backup PG who can turn into a decent starting PG is more valuable then a PF in a similar situation. But the Sky have the luxary to also have one of the best PG's in the league so i get why Faulkner would be a moveable piece

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's equally interesting that only one of the cored players has been signed. I know Angel's situation is unique and I look at how quickly they signed Langhorne to suggest they're not planning to use her as a bargaining chip. But coring Little and Wright caught my by surprise. Is each of them worth a max contract at this stage of their careers? Wouldn't the fact that they have one make it even harder to trade them?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/17 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't think Wright would agree to play elsewhere. She originally said she wanted to end her career in NY. I believe her.

- Amanda Gorman
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I really don't think Wright would agree to play elsewhere. She originally said she wanted to end her career in NY. I believe her.

See, me too. So then why core her and have to pay max?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

See, me too. So then why core her and have to pay max?

reward her with the extra money since they don't need to core Tina yet?

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/10/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sigur3, it would nice if for once the Sky would come out on the positive side on at least one trade. Sky management has been robbed so much that they walk around the office with their hands up and playing Easy E's song, Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt, for background music so they will always be ready.

PostPosted: 02/10/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Sigur3, it would nice if for once the Sky would come out on the positive side on at least one trade. Sky management has been robbed so much that they walk around the office with their hands up and playing Easy E's song, Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt, for background music so they will always be ready.

I think, all things considered, they made out pretty well here. You're never going to get equal return for a superstar, and considering EDD basically said trade me to one team or I sit, they had no leverage in the matter. They also had a rookie GM going up against maybe the best in the league.

I would have rather had Meesseman, Hill, or 2018 pick than Dolson of course, but Copper has a huge ceiling, and depending on which juniors declare early, that #2 pick could turn out to be huge. And the good news is, we won't have to worry about more coaches getting fired unjustly or other quality players being forced out because a certain someone has ownership by the you-know-whatskies.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/11/17 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago better manage their assets wisely.......Holding on to players at positions of excess when you are thin at sf/pf is just idiotic.Vandersloot is a 28-32 mpg player.She's also better at running a offense than Faulkner.Boyette is a 28-32 mpg player.No need in keeping Dolson.She will be a unrestricted FA after the season.Some team(washington) will offer her a max deal.However,I wouldn't trade Faulkner until the draft just to see if Mitchell declares.

Howard's numbers were just as good as Brelands while playing less minutes.

Howard:6.7p/3.6r/0.8a/0.7b/0.6s/57%fg in 14.6
Breland:6.0p/4.4r/0.7a/1.0b/0.5s/49%fg in 17.2

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/17 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Chicago better manage their assets wisely.......Holding on to players at positions of excess when you are thin at sf/pf is just idiotic.Vandersloot is a 28-32 mpg player.She's also better at running a offense than Faulkner.Boyette is a 28-32 mpg player.No need in keeping Dolson.She will be a unrestricted FA after the season.Some team(washington) will offer her a max deal.However,I wouldn't trade Faulkner until the draft just to see if Mitchell declares.

Wait a second. I know you are all fans of Boyette but she hasnt even managed to play 28 minutes in 1 game last season and now you want her to average that Shocked She is pretty foul prone and IMO still has to prove that she can be effective for a full game..

zune69

PostPosted: 02/11/17 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Wait a second. I know you are all fans of Boyette but she hasnt even managed to play 28 minutes in 1 game last season and now you want her to average that Shocked She is pretty foul prone and IMO still has to prove that she can be effective for a full game..

Similar to Chelsea Gray ?......who averaged less minutes than Boyette last season.Boyette passes the eye test.And again,Dolson will get a max offer from a wnba team(Washington)

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Similar to Chelsea Gray ?......who averaged less minutes than Boyette last season.Boyette passes the eye test.And again,Dolson will get a max offer from a wnba team(Washington)

Sparks are not choosing for this situation (Toliver going to the Mystics). If the Sky trade Dolson because they want to give Boyette all the room to develop then that's their decision but also a big risk IMO. The Sky have to make a decision if they want to compete for the playoffs or sort of rebuild and develop.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dolson isnt worth anything near a max deal.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dolson isnt worth anything near a max deal.

Why not? If a player like Dupree or Langhorne gets a max deal why not her? Heck i would trade Langhorne for Dolson if i were the Storm

zune69

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Sparks are not choosing for this situation (Toliver going to the Mystics). If the Sky trade Dolson because they want to give Boyette all the room to develop then that's their decision but also a big risk IMO. The Sky have to make a decision if they want to compete for the playoffs or sort of rebuild and develop.

Toliver signing with washington is irrelevant Your argument against Boyette is that she is unproven,and not ready to assume a heavier workload.Well,the same can be said about Gray.At least Boyette has the experience of being a starting center under her belt.

I wouldn't put it pass Dolson to demand a trade to NY,conn or washington when her contract is up.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago would've been better off doing a 1 for 1....EDD for Meeseman.They should have held out for Emma.

G-Vandersloot
G-Pondexter
C-Boyette
F-Meeseman
F-Young
6-Breland
7-Faulkner
8-Quigley
9-Parker

Last edited by zune69 on 02/11/17 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Toliver signing with washington is irrelevant Your argument against Boyette is that she is unproven,and not ready to assume a heavier workload.Well,the same can be said about Gray.At least Boyette has the experience of being a starting center under her belt.

I wouldn't put it pass Dolson to demand a trade to NY,conn or washington when her contract is up.

No its not irrelevant. Im not saying that with Toliver gone and Gray being the starting PG that it will work out perfectly. I think there will be a big dropoff for the Sparks with Toliver gone. She is still in a learning stage. PG's often need atleast 3 years in the league to adjust. But the difference is that the Sparks dont have another option then Gray starting and playing heavy minutes at the PG position (with Toliver gone). While the Sky have Dolson as a solid player that can step in at that center position whenever Boyette isnt performing.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/11/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next season Dolson is a RFA not an UFA.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/11/17 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want the Sky management team to mature as business people so whenever they have lemons they can turn those lemons into lemonade and be able to market and sell that lemonade.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: