Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm guessing they're hoping Coates falls to them at #3. Might happen if Plum goes #1 & DeShields #2.

If Not Coates B. Jones should be there at #3.

Osahor, McCall or Akhator will still be around at #10 or #11.

Wait, Spooner. I thought you didn't want to hear about Osahor because others thought she wouldn't get drafted. Her stock must have went up quickly in your eyes Wink

Rolling Eyes

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/03/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Wings re-sign Tiffany Bias

Solid signing. This move should definitely put them over the hump.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Embarassed

PostPosted: 02/03/17 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: 02/03/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am wondering if we are going to be seeing a trade demand from Diggins at some point. The Wings have just not been able to accumulate any significant talent despite many years in the lottery (although none of which provided them a #1 pick).

pilight

PostPosted: 02/03/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I am wondering if we are going to be seeing a trade demand from Diggins at some point. The Wings have just not been able to accumulate any significant talent despite many years in the lottery (although none of which provided them a #1 pick).

She needs to have another All WNBA season first

PostPosted: 02/04/17 1:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/04/17 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First game of #AFLW is over for Erin Phillips, and Wings fans will be pleased to know that she survived it (although she copped plenty of hits along the way as you'd expect from her). She was one of the best on ground, kicking 3 of Adelaide's 7 goals in a big win Very Happy
I expect her to feature prominently in news stories and video clips after that performance.
Former New York Liberty guard Jess Bibby also played in this game.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ern phillips is not that BIG OF a deal in dallas as u might assume fyi..

PostPosted: 02/04/17 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ern phillips is not that BIG OF a deal in dallas as u might assume fyi..

I wasn't assuming that. I just think it's an interesting career tangent for her and figured it was slightly relevant here.
I appreciate that the care factor is near-zero in the USA, but the launch of the football women's league here has been a pretty big deal. (Partly to my delight, but partly also to my frustration, since it is apparently a huge historic occasion that there is now a national women's sports league here. Never mind that the WNBL has been going for decades ....)

PostPosted: 02/04/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Do I detect a hint of Bias in your statement? Wink

(now with spelling variations)
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

all this movement and still dallas has yet to make a splash. Im going to keep my fingers crossed for a draft day trade with NY & SFO

PostPosted: 02/06/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
all this movement and still dallas has yet to make a splash. Im going to keep my fingers crossed for a draft day trade with NY & SFO

The lack of action is frustrating. (Though I'm also not sure whether trading with Bill is better than doing nothing! Is there not any other GM you could aim for?)

PostPosted: 02/06/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The lack of action is frustrating. (Though I'm also not sure whether trading with Bill is better than doing nothing! Is there not any other GM you could aim for?)

Hey if we can build a team of minors around diggins , Glory & Stokes With Powers Then Im For Anything Lets make moves Dallas NOWWWW

PostPosted: 02/14/17 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If no underclassmen besides Deshields declares for the draft,dallas should entertain the thought of trading the #3 pick to chicago for Dolson & Young.The Dolson/Young additions would improve the wings defense,and add quality bench depth.Coates put up another non-impactful game against a quality opponent tonight.She got dominated by a 6'0 post player(Gabby Williams)

G-Diggins
G-Sims
C-Dolson
F-Johnson
F-Christmas
6-Paris
7-Powers
8-Phillips
9-Young

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/14/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why so many people think Chicago will be anxious to trade Dolson. She provides solidity at the five. I don't really think Boyette is able to play more than about 20 min/game. Dolson plays the other 20 and you have a solid post game.

And IMO there are too many ? about Diamond and anybody else available at #3 to give up so much for her anyway. I don't think I'd give Dolson/Young for #1 this year much less #3.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/17/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5eed41bffd5242aaa12f142476a05590/ap-source-wings-trade-odyssey-sims-sparks-no-4-pick

O is gone , finally a move from my Wings . We now have picks #3 and 4 In the draft. PLEASEEE EARLY DECLARERS SHOW YOUR FACEEEE

PostPosted: 02/17/17 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Now We Have..............

PG - Skylar //Phillips / Bias
SG - Powers / #4 Pick ? ( SWK/ DD/ KM / ??
SF - Christmas /Hooper
PF - Glory / #3 Pick ? (Coates or Jones )
C - Paris , Hamblin , Plessaince

Getting alot younger and possibly even better ....i guess i can say good job now fred.

PostPosted: 02/17/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If K. Mitchell declares, Dallas will likely land Coates and DeSheilds/Plum.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/17/17 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't seem like the ideal trade in terms of need for LA and value for Dallas, but at least the Wings made a move. If that's all they could get then so be it I guess.

Really hoping for the draft declarations to flow now because I'm really over Dallas sucking. This is a good opportunity for them.

PostPosted: 02/17/17 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm reeeeaaaaalllly curious as to what the locker room is like in Dallas, especially with Glory's agent always publicly talking slick about Skylar on Twitter.

Anywho, Dallas has firmly placed themselves in the lottery unless every starter stays healthy throughout the season along with Skylar and Glory playing like the all star version of themselves, then they might have a chance, but I doubt it.

I was perfectly fine with Sims and Johnson getting the boot, but that was before Diggins' knee AND Pierson leaving. Now everything is a toss up. Will we get 100% healthy Skylar? Who knows. Will Aerial improve on her rookie season? Probably not since she's had a hip injury the entire off season. Will all of these picks in this useless draft suprise us and come out guns blazing? Maybe. Can the starting lineup stay healthy? History tells us that that is a huge NO.

But, as I always say about my Bad News Wings, I hope that I'm wrong.

P.S.
Sorry for the long post, but cheering for a losing team that has/had potential is exhausting guys...Rolling Eyes

Also, rooting for the underdog is overrated as F***!! I'm from the Twin Cities, I'm about to start cheering for my geriatric Lynx Laughing

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/18/17 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
I'm reeeeaaaaalllly curious as to what the locker room is like in Dallas, especially with Glory's agent always publicly talking slick about Skylar on Twitter.

I'm guessing "divided" would be a good word. That team had awful chemistry last season and if you do a little bit of digging on social media it seems as if the players were pretty clique-y. I'm not usually one to jump to such conclusions but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a real problem with Player X and Player Y not getting along here...especially given that some of them can't seem to control their twitta fingas.

Sky fans feel your pain there, btw.

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 02/18/17 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

I'm guessing "divided" would be a good word. That team had awful chemistry last season and if you do a little bit of digging on social media it seems as if the players were pretty clique-y. I'm not usually one to jump to such conclusions but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a real problem with Player X and Player Y not getting along here...especially given that some of them can't seem to control their twitta fingas.

Sky fans feel your pain there, btw.

Exactly, I started following Tulsa when Diggins got drafted and it was and still is very much like that. Super shady...

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/18/17 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if clashing personalities were at least part of the reason for this trade, but even if that's the case - I'd have hoped for a better return.

PostPosted: 02/18/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greg Bibb's quote...

Quote:
We feel this gives us a lot of flexibility to either use the draft picks or use them to trade for another asset to help us get back to where we want to go, which is back to the WNBA playoffs," Bibb said. "I'm a big believer in you need to give up value to get value in return. Odyssey is a very talented player and I wish her the best in LA but we felt like this was the opportunity to get back to where we want to be."

....dallas is not done making trades.I believe the wings will use a combination of picks/players to acquire Dolson,Stokes,Peters,Achonwa or Bonner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 6 of 36

Jump to: