Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Atlanta is going to surprise some people.They have one of the better center combinations in the wnba.Lyttle & Dantas gives the dream a nice 1-2 punch at the PF position.I believe Holmes will double her point production.Hayes will make the jump and become a legit wnba star.Signing Kiesel was a great move by Cooper.She was a key player in Tulsa's 8-1 start 2 seasons ago.When Sims made her return,Fred banished Kiesel to the bench.After dallas traded for Phillips last offseason,it was basically a wrap for Brianna.With the exception of Lyttle,atlanta is a very young basketball team with room for growth.

My prediction:18-16 -5th best record.

Will Lyttle be healthy all season? Her play has really dropped.
2013 14,3 pts
2014 12,2 pts
2015 10,3 pts
2016 7,6 pts

I see the Sparks, Lynx, Mercury, Liberty, Mystics and Storm having a better record then them.

Lyttle not being 100% would set atlanta back.But we can say the same thing about Elena Delledonne.Will S.Bird revert back to her 2014/15 form ? In the two seasons prior to 2016 Bird shot less than 40%.

My playoff teams are:

1.Minnesota-28-6-(A rested Maya,added Pierson)
2.Phoenix-27-7-(finally got a PG)
3.Los Angeles-20-14-(Is LA as hungry as they were last season ? Toliver ? Beard opened a pizza shop)
4.New York-20-14-(same liberty unless they make a trade)
5.Atlanta-18-16
6.Seattle-17-17-(sub.500 last season despite having 3 all team players)
7.Dallas-15-19
8.Washington-15-19 -( PG ?..C ?. Defense ?)
9-Chicago-13-21-(Too many duplicates)
10-Indiana-12-22-(No Catchings)
11-Connecticut-10-24 (No Ogwumike)
12-San Antonio-8-26

My predictions as of Feb 3rd

Of course,it's still early.I'm sure my predictions will change.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Atlanta is going to surprise some people.They have one of the better center combinations in the wnba.Lyttle & Dantas gives the dream a nice 1-2 punch at the PF position.I believe Holmes will double her point production.Hayes will make the jump and become a legit wnba star.Signing Kiesel was a great move by Cooper.She was a key player in Tulsa's 8-1 start 2 seasons ago.When Sims made her return,Fred banished Kiesel to the bench.After dallas traded for Phillips last offseason,it was basically a wrap for Brianna.With the exception of Lyttle,atlanta is a very young basketball team with room for growth.

My prediction:18-16 -5th best record.

Will Lyttle be healthy all season? Her play has really dropped.
2013 14,3 pts
2014 12,2 pts
2015 10,3 pts
2016 7,6 pts

I see the Sparks, Lynx, Mercury, Liberty, Mystics and Storm having a better record then them.

Lyttle not being 100% would set atlanta back.But we can say the same thing about Elena Delledonne.Will S.Bird revert back to her 2014/15 form ? In the two seasons prior to 2016 Bird shot less than 40%.

My playoff teams are:

1.Minnesota-28-6-(A rested Maya,added Pierson)
2.Phoenix-27-7-(finally got a PG)
3.Los Angeles-20-14-(Is LA as hungry as they were last season ? Toliver ? Beard opened a pizza shop)
4.New York-20-14-(same liberty unless they make a trade)
5.Atlanta-18-16
6.Seattle-17-17-(sub.500 last season despite having 3 all team players)
7.Dallas-15-19
8.Washington-15-19 -( PG ?..C ?. Defense ?)
9-Chicago-13-21-(Too many duplicates)
10-Indiana-12-22-(No Catchings)
11-Connecticut-10-24 (No Ogwumike)
12-San Antonio-8-26

My predictions as of Feb 3rd

Of course,it's still early.I'm sure my predictions will change.

1. Minnesota 28-6
2. LA 24-10
3. NY 23-9
4. Seattle 20-13
5. PHX 20-13
6. Washington 18-16
7. Dallas 16-18
8 . Indiana 16-18
9 . Atlanta 15-19
10. Chicago 13-21
11. San Antonio 11-23
12- Connecticut 9-25

PostPosted: 02/04/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

1. Minnesota 28-6
2. LA 24-10
3. NY 23-9
4. Seattle 20-13
5. PHX 20-13
6. Washington 18-16
7. Dallas 16-18
8 . Indiana 16-18
9 . Atlanta 15-19
10. Chicago 13-21
11. San Antonio 11-23
12- Connecticut 9-25

Your win/loss totals don't add up......

Your totals are 213-191,when they should be 204-204.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/04/17 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

1. Minnesota 28-6
2. LA 24-10
3. NY 23-11
4. Seattle 21-13
5. PHX 20-14
6. Washington 18-16
7. Dallas 16-18
8 . Indiana 16-18
9 . Atlanta 15-19
10. Chicago 13-21
11. San Antonio 11-23
12- Connecticut 9-25

Your win/loss totals don't add up......

Your totals are 213-191,when they should be 204-204.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Opinions and rumors contain the words "I think" or "I believe" or "maybe" or "possibly". My issue was this person is stating why she's not playing as FACT. When in fact it isn't. Just a rumor or hearsay from (to me) a less than credible source.

So, let me get this straight. By your own definition, your statements that Prahalis is great are really rumors because they don't have any of these words "I think" or "I believe" or "maybe" or "possibly" and have nothing to really back them up except a mediocre rookie season and several training camp tryouts. Please don't remind me that she made the all rookie team because I would have to point out that, IMO, most on that list were there by default because there was not enough rookie play that season. But I digress, you should know that I think I liked Sammy in Phoenix and know I would have liked to have seen her succeed in the WNBA.

Does anyone other than myself wonder if Angel is taking the year off because she is cored and can become a free agent next season without the core designation? Doesn't the core designation drop if a player sits out? I wouldn't be surprised if Angel really does just want to take the season off to refresh and will return to Atlanta but I also wouldn't be surprised to see her sign with someone else next season.

Just to be clear, these are just my own opinions and based primarily on my own personal experiences, education or lack thereof, and my own observations.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Does anyone other than myself wonder if Angel is taking the year off because she is cored and can become a free agent next season without the core designation? Doesn't the core designation drop if a player sits out? I wouldn't be surprised if Angel really does just want to take the season off to refresh and will return to Atlanta but I also wouldn't be surprised to see her sign with someone else next season.

The Dream can core her again next year and every year until she has played at least four seasons under a core contract. Currently she has zero such years.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Opinions and rumors contain the words "I think" or "I believe" or "maybe" or "possibly". My issue was this person is stating why she's not playing as FACT. When in fact it isn't. Just a rumor or hearsay from (to me) a less than credible source.

So, let me get this straight. By your own definition, your statements that Prahalis is great are really rumors because they don't have any of these words "I think" or "I believe" or "maybe" or "possibly" and have nothing to really back them up except a mediocre rookie season and several training camp tryouts. Please don't remind me that she made the all rookie team because I would have to point out that, IMO, most on that list were there by default because there was not enough rookie play that season. But I digress, you should know that I think I liked Sammy in Phoenix and know I would have liked to have seen her succeed in the WNBA.

Just to be clear, these are just my own opinions and based primarily on my own personal experiences, education or lack thereof, and my own observations.

How old was that post? See what I mean that I don't bring her up very often, but you guys do...

PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sportsfan48 wrote:

The Dream can core her again next year and every year until she has played at least four seasons under a core contract. Currently she has zero such years.

Thanks, pilight. I knew they had a 4 year limit on the core but for some reason I thought if they were cored without a contract, they would become free agents at the end of the core year. This makes more sense. Thank you for the clarification. The limit is not the number of times they can be cored, it is the number of years under a core contract.

animals31089

PostPosted: 02/08/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atl resigning Gatling must be training camp hardly played last season

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/09/17 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:

Now they have EWill, Rachel Hollivay, Sancho Lyttle, Makeisha Gatling and Aneika Henry-Morello. And will Damiris Dantas report, too?

It feels like several teams are loading up on posts: indiana signed a few, Chicago has a few, Phoenix just added George (perhaps to replace Dupree) and LA brought in Tiffany Jackson and Avery Warley-Talbert to join Nneka/JLav/CP3.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/09/17 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

Now they have EWill, Rachel Hollivay, Sancho Lyttle, Makeisha Gatling and Aneika Henry-Morello. And will Damiris Dantas report, too?

It feels like several teams are loading up on posts: indiana signed a few, Chicago has a few, Phoenix just added George (perhaps to replace Dupree) and LA brought in Tiffany Jackson and Avery Warley-Talbert to join Nneka/JLav/CP3.

Keep in mind Phx lost Harrison in the D-Rob trade and Bass to pregnancy so even without losing Can-Du we're not exactly loaded up in the paint.

PostPosted: 02/09/17 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

Keep in mind Phx lost Harrison in the D-Rob trade and Bass to pregnancy so even without losing Can-Du we're not exactly loaded up in the paint.

Yeah, I think my point was that if George was coming in as a center it would make no sense (assuming Griner and Bone stay). But if she was coming in as a Dupree replacement it would. They are still down one and there's no one in the draft who can start.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/09/17 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
animals31089 wrote:

Yeah, I think my point was that if George was coming in as a center it would make no sense (assuming Griner and Bone stay). But if she was coming in as a Dupree replacement it would. They are still down one and there's no one in the draft who can start.

Cayla is more of a stretch post. She will backup someone like Dupree and would br best if she plays with Griner because she cant defend anyone to save her life but with her shooting she can create space for Griner

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/25/17 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rachel Jarry - Dreaming
Quote:
This week I signed with the WNBA team Atlanta Dream. I'm so grateful for the opportunity and I’m really excited to be heading back to the States and hopefully playing over there. My body is healthy at the moment so I think I can really make a good impression at training camp and become a contributor on the team. Now, I don’t know too much about Atlanta, although one of my favourite shows is the Real Housewives of Atlanta (well any Real Housewives actually), so I’m going to be that much closer to bumping into NeNe Leakes down at the supermarket (95% chance surely).

--

Australian star Rachel Jarry heads back to WNBA with Atlanta Dream
Quote:
"I have that worldly experience and while you have some amazing players and athletes in the WNBA I hope I can bring that poise and those 'Aussie' qualities," Jarry said.
"It's tough to find a spot at WNBA level, you need to have a niche, something that's valuable to the team and I'm happy to play my role and would love to contribute more."

PostPosted: 03/02/17 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grindin’ for the Longest

http://www.slamonline.com/wnba/angel-mccoughtry-atlanta-dream-interview-wnba/

Quote:
McCoughtry thinks the trend will only continue in the WNBA, at least until things change in future collective bargaining agreements.

“I absolutely think it’ll happen more because it’s going to prolong people’s careers,” she says. “If they just keep going all year, they’re going to have a short career.”

PostPosted: 03/02/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She’s reached a point in her life and career where she’s content. The commentary, the trade rumors—everything else is just part of the soundtrack to her perfectly imperfect path. “I’ve basically accomplished everything. All that’s left is a WNBA championship,” she says. “I definitely want to fulfill that goal, but if not, I’m satisfied with how my career has went.”

In a league where stars can be “cored” for up to four seasons, essentially leaving players powerless, McCoughtry is flipping the script. It’s rare in the WNBA for a player to call the shots. But that’s exactly what she’ll be doing from here on out.

At this point, I’m going to take it year by year,” McCoughtry says. “I’m not going to sign any long extension contract anywhere. Right now, it’s year by year.”

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/17 3:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Australian Opal Rachel Jarry knocked back AFLW chance, signed with Atlanta Dream in WNBA

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-opal-rachel-jarry-knocked-back-aflw-chance-signed-with-atlanta-dream-in-wnba/news-story/d0d37eec1af4aba68e9173685ee43225

Quote:
She said Cooper was impressed by her defensive ethos.

“I think my versatility is my strength on defence and I can guard tall and small, so ... I think that’s why Michael went out to recruit me and he said he really likes my defensive side so hopefully I can bring that over there,” she said.

“There are some amazing players over there, especially in the guard spot, so my work will be cut out for me, that’s for sure.

“Everyone wants to be a starter, but there are only five starting spots, so I’m just happy to take whatever role falls my way and whether that’s coming off the bench or being a starter, it might change throughout the season.

Quote:
Jarry parted ways with French club Montpellier before the end of her contract last month in order to rest a niggling knee injury.

“It just got to the point where I had to take six weeks off just to give my body a break and so we just came to the mutual decision that would be it,” she said.

“It was hard at the time because it I really loved that team and I loved where I was playing, but it’s probably best for my body.

“I had a really big year with Rio last year and probably went into the European season a bit sore, so to give my body a break now, it’s definitely been a blessing and it will have me healthy for the rest of the year.”

Quote:
She said once the WNBA season concludes, she hopes to sign in either the WNBL or Europe.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 03/20/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream sign G Darxia Morris to a training camp contract.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 03/23/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Grindin’ for the Longest

http://www.slamonline.com/wnba/angel-mccoughtry-atlanta-dream-interview-wnba/

Quote:
McCoughtry thinks the trend will only continue in the WNBA, at least until things change in future collective bargaining agreements.

“I absolutely think it’ll happen more because it’s going to prolong people’s careers,” she says. “If they just keep going all year, they’re going to have a short career.”

Based on her comments in the article looks like she won't be playing this year.

Quote:
As we wrap up the phone call from thousands of miles away, I ask if she purposely left open the possibility of a return in her letter. With a laugh, McCoughtry says, “It’s looking limited right now. But let’s keep hope alive.”

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/wnba/angel-mccoughtry-atlanta-dream-interview-wnba/#5wIqcy5F2rJ75MWS.99

So, does that change the draft strategy? I think Holmes probably plays the 3 in place of Angel and we still draft a PG. I figure 1 or 2 of A Jones, Wiese, or Peterson will be available at 7. Which should we take? Or should we trade 7 for someone?

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/26/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dream sign G Darxia Morris to a training camp contract.

Good pick up for ATL. She's been working on her jumper overseas and I think she could make the final roster. Who would she have to bet for backup PG? Kiesel and Fields? Maybe #7 if Atlanta decides to go guard? Looking at their roster Atlanta should go with best available with #7. Coop is always a mystery to me when it comes to the draft.

PostPosted: 04/02/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, will the closure of I-85 have a large adverse impact on anyone else coming to Dream games this year? It may well suck for me, since I can no longer go 400/85 to get to the games. On nights when the Braves are in town, MARTA may be the only alternative.

Moving to Tech was likely to have an adverse affect on attendance, and this will only make it worse, I'm afraid.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 04/02/17 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The I-35 bridge in Minneapolis took 13 months to replace. I'd imagine they can do this one much quicker.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/02/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are saying "several months" to replace 350 feet of the bride in both directions. I know the I-35 bridge was longer and higher (One summer I walked under it almost every day going from Williams Lab to class). But no matter what - it is going take well into the Dream season, if not the entire season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
They are saying "several months" to replace 350 feet of the bride in both directions. I know the I-35 bridge was longer and higher (One summer I walked under it almost every day going from Williams Lab to class). But no matter what - it is going take well into the Dream season, if not the entire season.

That bride must have an interesting shape! Wink

- Amanda Gorman
BamaEd

PostPosted: 04/02/17 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So, will the closure of I-85 have a large adverse impact on anyone else coming to Dream games this year? It may well suck for me, since I can no longer go 400/85 to get to the games. On nights when the Braves are in town, MARTA may be the only alternative.

Moving to Tech was likely to have an adverse affect on attendance, and this will only make it worse, I'm afraid.

I went to McCamish for the Bama/Tech WNIT game last weekend and it was easier taking MARTA than it was the last time or 2 I went and I had to park basically in Newnan and walk. Not sure how many weeknight games I would go to, but weekend may not be too bad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: