toad455 wrote:
Toliver to the Mystics....

PG: Latta/Cloud
SG: Toliver/Hill
SF: Ruffin-Pratt/Mallot
PF: Delle Donne/Hawkins
C: Meesseman/Sanders
+ 6th pick & possibly Mitchell

Hill was the team's leading scorer last year, though her FG% was bad. Ruffin-Pratt gave more in terms of points and assists (the latter on a per minute basis), but also shot pretty poorly from the floor.

Curious to see if those percentages improve with better players at the 2 and 4 positions.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is IF Toliver comes, T will play her at PG and move Latta to SG/PG:

PG: Toliver/Cloud/Mitchell
SG: Hill/Latta
SF: Delle Donne/TRP
PF: Meesseman/Hawkins*if she comes back
C: 6th pick or someone else not on team/Sanders

PostPosted: 02/03/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

That's a small team with no post presence, but very dangerous offensively.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
If Toliver arrives, it will be a very odd lineup ... if the best five are on the floor. That would be, for me,

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.j

All offense and no defense. Sounds like my Green Bay Packers.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

And at least three 'minus' defenders. If Thibault gets that group to play League average defense, it'll be an impressive achievement.

I'd be tempted to throw a mid-range contract at Krystal Thomas and see if Seattle think she's worth it to match. You don't need any scoring to add to those four, just size, solidity and rebounding in the middle.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

And at least three 'minus' defenders. If Thibault gets that group to play League average defense, it'll be an impressive achievement.

I'd be tempted to throw a mid-range contract at Krystal Thomas and see if Seattle think she's worth it to match. You don't need any scoring to add to those four, just size, solidity and rebounding in the middle.

You hear people talk about "knowing who you are" -- that lineup would be designed to do one thing: Outscore (as opposed to outdefend or outrebound) the other team. The Mystics would have a clear identity, and though it's certainly not an ideal lineup, it's not one I would like to face. On any given night, against any team, they could just go off and there would be nothing you could do. (Of course, there would be nights they wouldn't shoot well and be extremely vulnerable ...)

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point Hill is better then Latta on both sides of the court. But with EDD and Meesseman on the court she should be more used to spot up and space the floor for them. She has to settle for less shots

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Toliver
Latta
EDD
Meessemann

? TRP maybe. Draft pick.

You hear people talk about "knowing who you are" -- that lineup would be designed to do one thing: Outscore (as opposed to outdefend or outrebound) the other team. The Mystics would have a clear identity, and though it's certainly not an ideal lineup, it's not one I would like to face. On any given night, against any team, they could just go off and there would be nothing you could do. (Of course, there would be nights they wouldn't shoot well and be extremely vulnerable ...)

Yeah, I didn't say a 'good' defense. Just need to be touching average. Because it's hard to win games remotely consistently when you're floating around the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency, however explosive you are on offense. They've got a coach who'd demand the work ethic necessary and be prepared to bench people when necessary, though. It's plausible.

And yes, Hill's the likely starter in the backcourt ahead of Latta (assuming she's re-signed), for a variety of reasons (size, age, health, and based on last season just performance). Latta could be an effective third guard, though.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're going for offense just play small ball and put

Latta, Toliver, Hill, EDD, Meesseman all on the floor together.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/03/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics re-sign Tierra Ruffin-Pratt

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/04/17 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

#6 SWK, B, Jones, Coffey?

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.

I'd take BJones. They lost Dolson and Vaughn. That's a lot of strength lost.

Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.

FWIW, Cloud has been playing primarily the PG role this season in the WNBL, so I'm guessing that's where she sees her future.
It's convenient for the team if hypothetically needing to defensively cover for an undersized SG.

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/

I think the Storm will let her go because they now have Swords

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
Washington Thomas, Krystal Signed an Offer Sheet with Washington. Seattle has four days to decide whether to match

Can I assume she will continue to come off the bench with the Mystics?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

Heh, I swear I hadn't heard this was happening when I suggested the exact same signing a few posts above. Smile

PostPosted: 02/04/17 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

Heh, I swear I hadn't heard this was happening when I suggested the exact same signing a few posts above. Smile

Mystics will be good place for her. She will get some more minutes there.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its official Toliver to the styx Sad https://mobile.twitter.com/gene_wang/status/828658694837719040

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver to the Mystics is certainly huge. I read on twitter that the mystics aren't done making moves yet. I'm betting Latta gets moved. If the keep Latta, I can't see them playing her and Toliver at the same time.
Right now
Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta/Weisner
TRP/#6
Delle Donne/Mallot/Draft pick or FA
Meeseman/Thomas

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kristi, welcome home Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe Coach T will give M. Gatling a look ? Training camp contract at least ? Just in case Seattle matches K. Thomas ? Having both wouldnt hurt neither. Where Michelle Snow when you need her Laughing

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do people keep adding Weisner to the Mystics roster? Did I miss something? There's only 9 players (10 including Toliver) on the current Mystics roster, and Weisner isn't one of them.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Why do people keep adding Weisner to the Mystics roster? Did I miss something? There's only 9 players (10 including Toliver) on the current Mystics roster, and Weisner isn't one of them.

I never really bought in to the weisner hype. She got most of her pub from being on a team with a W caliber player in Weiss . If OSU doesnt make that run to the Final 4 i dont think she would have stuck this long in the W.

PostPosted: 02/06/17 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I never really bought in to the weisner hype. She got most of her pub from being on a team with a W caliber player in Weiss . If OSU doesnt make that run to the Final 4 i dont think she would have stuck this long in the W.

She didn't stick. She got waived sometime fairly early on. http://www.bulletsforever.com/2016/8/24/12631170/latoya-sanders-rejoins-mystics-jamie-weisner-waived-wnba-2016

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/06/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
. I'm betting Latta gets moved. If the keep Latta, I can't see them playing her and Toliver at the same time.

There's a high degree of loyalty between Mike T and Latta. I'm guessing she stays. And probably is the back up to Tolliver.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 02/06/17 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tayler Hill re-signs

PostPosted: 02/06/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm assuming the Storm won't match the Mystics contract offer to Krystal Thomas.

Toliver/Cloud
Hill/Latta
Thomas/Sanders/ #6 Pick
Delle Donne/Ruffin-Pratt
Meesseman/Malott

Malott could be replace by the 2017 #18th Pick if Coach T finds a player overseas

Last edited by SportsGuru on 02/06/17 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: