View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/02/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Sky can have Langhorne and we take Dolson of your hands

Hard pass Laughing

zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/17 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago wants a SF ?.......Breland & Young for Christmas......

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I don't see Dallas making this move because they need consistent scoring which Christmas provides. If Young is included, then that means that Powers will be relied upon for scoring which I am not sure if she is quite ready for that. Breland would be a good fit because Dallas likes to play uptempo and Breland is very mobile. If her outside shot was respectable, then she can fill in for the loss of PP to free agency.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I don't see Dallas making this move because they need consistent scoring which Christmas provides. If Young is included, then that means that Powers will be relied upon for scoring which I am not sure if she is quite ready for that. Breland would be a good fit because Dallas likes to play uptempo and Breland is very mobile. If her outside shot was respectable, then she can fill in for the loss of PP to free agency.

Dallas would have plenty of scoring.Diggins,Sims,Johnson,Breland & Powers is more than enough,and they'd still have the #3 pick in the draft.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Christmas would have to become an all-star before I would consider it.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Had there been an all-star game last season,Christmas would have definitely made the team.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas is a shitty defensive team so why would they give up their best and most versatile defender..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 02/02/17 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Had there been an all-star game last season,Christmas would have definitely made the team.

Her 2016 PIE was higher (9.9) than either Breland (9.1) or Young (7.2) but very close for a two for one.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/17 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Dallas is a shitty defensive team so why would they give up their best and most versatile defender..

1.Dallas has Powers waiting in the wings.

2.Young would make up for the defensive lost of Christmas.

3.Breland is a legit 2-way player.She can postup,hit the open jump shot,and provide interior defense.

4.Breland would give Dallas more balance:

Offensive guards(Diggins,Sims)
Offensive wing(Powers)
Offensive post(Johnson,Breland)

tfan wrote:

Her 2016 PIE was higher (9.9) than either Breland (9.1) or Young (7.2) but very close for a two for one.

But most sky fans think Young is a bum,right ?

I tell you what,we'll throw in the #11 pick.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/02/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

3.Breland is a legit 2-way player.She can postup,hit the open jump shot,and provide interior defense.

4.Breland would give Dallas more balance.offensive guards(Diggins,Sims),offensive wing(Powers),Offensive post(Johnson,Breland)

I see Powers more as a SG then a SF. Also not convinced that Breland is a good post defender. Maybe decent but that's about it. They have Glory Johnson who i think is a better player then Breland so they dont really need both (if she can stay healthy) Glory just needs structure and discipline. A coach like Agler, Reeve or Mike T would really help her IMO..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 02/02/17 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

4.Breland would give Dallas more balance.offensive guards(Diggins,Sims),offensive wing(Powers),Offensive post(Johnson,Breland)

I see Powers more as a SG then a SF. Also not convinced that Breland is a good post defender. Maybe decent but that's about it. They have Glory Johnson who i think is a better player then Breland so they dont really need both (if she can stay healthy) Glory just needs structure and discipline. A coach like Agler, Reeve or Mike T would really help her IMO..

The way Dallas' roster is currently constructed Powers has no choice but to play most of her minutes at SF anyway.Besides,if Clark,Christmas,KML & Zellous Can play SF at 5'10/5'11,Powers can definitely fill the position at 6'0.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

This.....Sad but true i watched it 17 times first hand last season.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 3:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

a

The way Dallas' roster is currently constructed Powers has no choice but to play most of her minutes at SF anyway.Besides,if Clark,Christmas,KML & Zellous Can play SF at 5'10/5'11,Powers can definitely fill the position at 6'0.

But there you have the problem. IMO Sims should be traded to make room for Powers to play at the 2 position. All their guards are too ball dominant and also not good defenders. Sims trade value will drop even further if she has a similar season again.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/03/17 5:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

But there you have the problem. IMO Sims should be traded to make room for Powers to play at the 2 position. All their guards are too ball dominant and also not good defenders. Sims trade value will drop even further if she has a similar season again.

I agree with you 100%.Sims is first on my trade checklist.I'd be willing to do a Sims for Breland & Quigley trade.Unfortunately chicago is 2-3 deep at both backcourt positions.Adding another ball dominate guard would be overkill for the sky.I'm still hoping for a Dallas/NY trade:

Sims for Stokes.

Sims & #3 pick for Stokes & Rodgers.

Sims for Rodgers & Vaughn.

Christmas & #3 for Stokes.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I agree with you 100%.Sims is first on my trade checklist.I'd be willing to do a Sims for Breland & Quigley trade.Unfortunately chicago is 2-3 deep at both backcourt positions.Adding another ball dominate guard would be overkill for the sky.I'm still hoping for a Dallas/NY trade:

Sims for Stokes.

Sims & #3 pick for Stokes & Rodgers.

Sims for Rodgers & Vaughn.

Christmas & #3 for Stokes.

Or just Sims 10/11 for Stokes

PostPosted: 02/03/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Good defensive teams are rarely dependent on one individual defender. Usually it has to do with the system. Most of the best defensive teams don't have great individual defenders overall.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Good defensive teams are rarely dependent on one individual defender. Usually it has to do with the system. Most of the best defensive teams don't have great individual defenders overall.

Dallas main issue is defense so if they want to improve that then they need to get better defenders OR get their current players(Glory, Sims, Diggins) to play better defense by using or creating a better defensive system and have them buy into it completely.

They are sticking with their coach so i dont see much change in having a better defensive system in place. So they have to go with the option of getting better defensive players and not trade away their best defensive player.

shontay33

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Breland can actually play center. Pokey used her at center a few times when Elena was in at the 4. Breland can play the 5 while Glory plays the 4.
It will give Dallas a different look. It is not like Dallas throws the ball in the post anyway.

I do agree that Sims or Diggins need to either be traded or one of them come off of the bench with Erin Phillips and play off of the ball. In my opinon, Diggins plays better off of the ball than Sims.

If Sims is traded, where would she go and what can they get for her?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="shontay33"][quote="Michelle89"]
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

If Sims is traded, where would she go and what can they get for her?

To NY With the #10 & 11 Draft picks for Kiah Stokes is where she should go .

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why would Chicago give away their starting PF? For Sims who would have a hard time getting playing time. And I think it's funny that you want to dump Sims because you think she's not very good, but you want to get good players in return. Well, I guess it's the same with all fans everywhere.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
why would Chicago give away their starting PF? For Sims who would have a hard time getting playing time. And I think it's funny that you want to dump Sims because you think she's not very good, but you want to get good players in return. Well, I guess it's the same with all fans everywhere.

All Deacons shout, Amen!

PostPosted: 02/03/17 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I was referring to NYL's Stokes I think sims is an exceptional player All star guard . She just doesnt fit with dallas . Sims & Stokes have about the same value . Stokes maybe just a Tad bit more upside though . Thus the reason Picks 10/11 . But maybe your response was in reference to breland im not sure

PostPosted: 02/08/17 4:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Laney was selected 17th overall in the 2015 WNBA Draft by the Chicago Sky. After her rookie season with the Sky, Laney signed with the Perth Lynx of the WNBL (Women's National Basketball League) where she averaged 15 points per game, with eight rebounds and four assists in 27 games.

She returned to the Sky for the 2016 WNBA season but tore her anterior cruciate ligament in her knee during a game in June, and couldn't play for the rest of the season.

However, she has been cleared by the medical staff for one-on-one workouts and expects to return to the team in about a month.

"My rookie year was amazing," said Laney "We had a really good run and to be around such great players and learn from them is an incredible opportunity."

However, one WNBA superstar on her team, Elena Delle Donne who is also from Delaware, has just been traded to the Washington Mystics, so that will be a difficult to position to fill.

"Elena was a great teammate and a great person, and I wish her all the best," said Laney. "Right now, I'm looking forward to rejoining the team and working hard and contributing to help us win."

http://www.scsuntimes.com/sports/20170207/smyrna-high-retires-jersey-of-star-basketball-player-betnijah-laney

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/08/17 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's only Young, Copper & Laney fighting for the SF spots. I'll be interesting to know who they're looking at drafting with the #2 pick. I'd assuming someone like DeShields. Right now the Sky look like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/#2 pick
SF: Young/Copper/Laney
PF: Dolson/Breland/dos Santos
C: Boyette/Parker

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 02/08/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
It's only Young, Copper & Laney fighting for the SF spots. I'll be interesting to know who they're looking at drafting with the #2 pick. I'd assuming someone like DeShields. Right now the Sky look like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/#2 pick
SF: Young/Copper/Laney
PF: Dolson/Breland/dos Santos
C: Boyette/Parker

I would have Laney as the backup to Young at the beginning of the season with the intention to start her before half the season is over.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28

Jump to: